P3D v6

Jack Kenov

Ryan Argue
5 hours ago, stephen speak said:

Well that’s a revelation..someone was really panning it as complete garbage saying there’s no way you can do a home cockpit with this..it wasn’t FSLabs software..don’t think it was airbus tbh..but I think he was at the point of giving up 

We have a sim at my last job that we use for training on the G1000NXi for Twin Otters and Caravans that uses MSFS; multiscreen with a cockpit setup with three MFDs, controls on the ceiling for the Twin, etc.... it's the only sim that'll do since it's a seaplane airline, and we need the visuals for landing/taking off on water (although don't get me started on how terrible every sim is in relation to water physics).  It's great for VFR/IFR seaplane flying and learning "this is how this lake will look on a shitty day" sort of things.

• Like 2
On 7/9/2023 at 8:47 AM, Jeffry Babb said:

Sad day for me today as FS Labs has parted ways with the ESP lineage.  I got P3D v6 and I see that FSLabs won't be paying attention to this release.  Went ahead and removed the control center and everything.  Life is short and I understand that FSLabs probably need to pay bills and MSFS is the way that flight sim developers pay those bill.  MSFS isn't for me, and will never likely be (my bias tells me how making software gaming console compatible ultimately compromises things).  FSLabs provided me many, many hours of joy with the Airbus family and I am sure they will provide so many others with that joy in their focus on MSFS.  Take care FS Labs and best of luck to you. :)

This reads a bit like an obituary when it doesn't have to. LM doesn't force uninstall the previous version of P3D if you purchase v6.

To me it sounds like the logical play would be to get a refund on v6 and instead enjoy your hobby rather than make compromises for the latest thing. B)

• Like 2
Cai Bodden _belowtheline
On 7/6/2023 at 5:06 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

I haven't noticed any performance issues while running our Airbus in MSFS. It's important to remember that MSFS utilises a completely new graphics engine compared to the FSX-ESP engine that P3D is built upon. This means you can push the limits and enjoy better performance in MSFS, even when throwing more demanding graphics at it, compared to P3D.

And also - I think a lot of the MSFS crowd are already running newer rigs to take advantage of technologies such as TAA and DLSS. 

Aight so bet, lets just say I Upgrade to MSFS when yall drop the product, how much is going to run my pockets(again..) to upgrade & if so, will there be any discounts?

stephen speak
9 minutes ago, Cai Bodden _belowtheline said:

Aight so bet, lets just say I Upgrade to MSFS when yall drop the product, how much is going to run my pockets(again..) to upgrade & if so, will there be any discounts?

You won’t get any answers about release dates or pricing until it’s actually released 

• Like 2

I am hoping some developers like FSLabs can get some Asobo/MS lobbying done on our behalf for features important to their planes (especially long-haul and Concorde) like historical weather and a working WX radar.

As to flying real-time as someone suggested - would be great if I didn't have a job, commitments and a cicadian rythm to keep to.  But for me, being able to plan a long-haul (about 2 hours planning for me as I check enroute notams, weather, assess different route options etc.) and then fly it another day when I have time is important.  Not to mention if I fly in other side of world during my daytime, I would like to have daytime weather.  For example, it's not realistic if you're in Europe to fly into YMML at 2pm and expect to see temperatuers less than 10, nil wind and the airport blanketed in fog.

• Like 2
Dave Taylor

MSFS hasn't got a 'weather engine' so is unlikely to rise above P3D. There are other faults as well. That's why MSFS (I have already used) will never replace my present experience.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
Sabine Meier
2 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

MSFS hasn't got a 'weather engine' so is unlikely to rise above P3D. There are other faults as well. That's why MSFS (I have already used) will never replace my present experience.

So a year on and they still haven't really touched the weather of MSFS. Well looks like V5 might be the platform to stay on and not invest in V6.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

MSFS hasn't got a 'weather engine' so is unlikely to rise above P3D.

Alright, I'll bite... what are you defining as a 'weather engine'? 

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Sabine Meier said:

So a year on and they still haven't really touched the weather of MSFS. Well looks like V5 might be the platform to stay on and not invest in V6.

This interview with Jorge might be of interest.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/634034-msasobo-and-opening-weather-camera-sdk-to-3rd-parties/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
stephen speak
2 hours ago, Sabine Meier said:

16 hours ago, Rudy Fidao said:

I am hoping some developers like FSLabs can get some Asobo/MS lobbying done on our behalf for features important to their planes (especially long-haul and Concorde) like historical weather and a working WX radar.

As to flying real-time as someone suggested - would be great if I didn't have a job, commitments and a cicadian rythm to keep to.  But for me, being able to plan a long-haul (about 2 hours planning for me as I check enroute notams, weather, assess different route options etc.) and then fly it another day when I have time is important.  Not to mention if I fly in other side of world during my daytime, I would like to have daytime weather.  For example, it's not realistic if you're in Europe to fly into YMML at 2pm and expect to see temperatuers less than 10, nil wind and the airport blanketed in fog.

16 hours ago, Rudy Fidao said:

To have a working WX radar you need active sky..that’s what FSLabs uses for their weather generator..unfortunately msfs doesn’t have that luxury so it will never work until hifisim produces one for that platform 

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

To have a working WX radar you need active sky..that’s what FSLabs uses for their weather generator..unfortunately msfs doesn’t have that luxury so it will never work until hifisim produces one for that platform 

This isn't accurate. Asobo needs to create a WXR API that provides more detail than the current one provides. It has nothing to do with HiFi. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Heinz Plattner
On 7/9/2023 at 5:48 PM, Stefan Blei said:

EZCA is an option, but there are no information, if it will be updated to V6. The community ported the V5 version already to V6 without any issues so far.

Do you have a link for this topic?

I do not find anything about it.

Dave Taylor
On 7/11/2023 at 5:23 PM, Alex Pugh said:

Alright, I'll bite... what are you defining as a 'weather engine'? 

If you have been around a while, you really shouldn't be asking that, at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
37 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

If you have been around a while, you really shouldn't be asking that, at all.

No need to get snippy. MSFS has a weather engine. I just used it last night, in fact. So, I was curious to know why you think it doesn’t have one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Dave Taylor
19 hours ago, Alex Pugh said:

No need to get snippy. MSFS has a weather engine. I just used it last night, in fact. So, I was curious to know why you think it doesn’t have one.

The weather engine I am referring to is 'Active Sky', we all love it, because of it's locational real time accuracy.

Maybe you haven't been a flight simmer for long? I don't know, but I will advise you that If you haven't, It's always better to let us know first. Members will be only too glad to help you.

The weather in MSFS (The gamers sim) is selectable for the gamers using there 'D pads'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
David Arthur

Approach into Bergen in my 'game without a weather engine'.

As a gamer I'm very much looking forward to what Flightsim Labs can do for me and my money.....

• Like 8
Danny Moore

Alex, ask any question you like. This is what the forums are for.

I've been using Flightsim since FS1 when my dad brought home our first Apple IIe computer. I also use MSFS 2020. So consider me a long time user and a gamer. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Alex, ask any question you like. This is what the forums are for.

I've been using Flightsim since FS1 when my dad brought home our first Apple IIe computer. I also use MSFS 2020. So consider me a long time user and a gamer. 

I’m not a new simmer. Dave is just wildly misinformed or trolling. 

• Like 3
Dave Taylor
On 7/4/2023 at 11:56 AM, stephen speak said:

I wouldn’t have thought so..lefteris made the announcement last may that Concorde..NEO and A330 were being released on p3d first..that was obviously before the advent of v6..I just hope that rings true as it’s been a long time in development 

I will be happy with the v5 version. P3D6 is getting poor reports.

stephen speak
35 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

I will be happy with the v5 version. P3D6 is getting poor reports.

Tbh..as long as I get the NEO’s..v6 can wait until all the bugs are ironed out and FSLabs are available..we’ve waited 14 months from the announcement so hopefully not too long now..v5.4 is good for me at the minute..just had a dgxi device hung error this morning..run DDU and was sorted in half an hour..very rare for my system to throw up a fault like that..too many Nvidia updates without cleaning I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
43 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Ich werde mit der v5-Version zufrieden sein. P3D6 erhält schlechte Berichte.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the 5.4 version, apparently they have changed something with the CPU load and the temperature is max. 92° C
I never had more than 81°C before
Not even in Cinebench did I ever get over 90°C

I also get this temperature with the F35
CPU AMD 5900X water cooling Aplhacool

stephen speak
2 minutes ago, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the 5.4 version, apparently they have changed something with the CPU load and the temperature is max. 92° C
I never had more than 81°C before
Not even in Cinebench did I ever get over 90°C

I also get this temperature with the F35
CPU AMD 5900X water cooling Aplhacool

Wilhelm..that seems to me like a hardware problem..5.4 actually runs slightly cooler on my setup..AMD ryzen 5..3600x overclock to 4.2ghz..32gb ddr4..2666 ram 1 Samsung evo 4tb SSD drive 1 Samsung qvo 1tb SSD drive..msi sea hawk gtx 1080ti 11gb water cooled graphics and it’s never gave me much grief as i built it specifically for v5

• Thanks 2
Wilhelm Zwirchmayr
7 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Wilhelm..that seems to me like a hardware problem..5.4 actually runs slightly cooler on my setup..AMD ryzen 5..3600x overclock to 4.2ghz..32gb ddr4..2666 ram 1 Samsung evo 4tb SSD drive 1 Samsung qvo 1tb SSD drive..msi sea hawk gtx 1080ti 11gb water cooled graphics and it’s never gave me much grief as i built it specifically for v5

So prepar3 5.4 likes to keep everyone extremely busy and uses my 180 watts and the temperatures briefly rise to 90 °C.
I reduced it from 200 to 165 watts because of the temperature.

I have MSFS max 110 watts for a short time

Because of these problems I have now seriously dealt with the MSFS

With the RTX 4080 & 5900x DLSS hardware acceleration, I can easily get to 50 FPS and sometimes even 100 FPS - with less power

someone on the facebook forum has the exact same problem

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

Prepar 5.4 has managed to utilize all cores and my fixed 32 fps are completely maintained, no matter what the situation or scenery.

That costs a lot of electricity

In addition, the graphics card has almost no utilization and my 4080 (water cooling) has a temperature of 35° C and sleeps all the time

It used to be different, at least at the airports, the graphics card was busy, so I used to have problems with the 1080 TI, especially at night

only when I look at MSFS and use DLSS with the 4080 do I have over 100% more FPS with no real wattage increase.

I was amazed by this feature and couldn't believe it.

Dennis Schmidt

LM is supporting v6 quite well... they are not lazy anymore and Chaseplane is now also for v6 available.... only thing missing is the best aircraft devoloper... the one and only... creme de la creme... 

:wub:    FL LABS:wub:

if they update their awesome Airbus into v6- i will scream like in the Zalando advertisement 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Daniel Rehling
On 7/16/2023 at 10:11 PM, Wilhelm Zwirchmayr said:

So prepar3 5.4 likes to keep everyone extremely busy and uses my 180 watts and the temperatures briefly rise to 90 °C.
I reduced it from 200 to 165 watts because of the temperature.

I have MSFS max 110 watts for a short time

Because of these problems I have now seriously dealt with the MSFS

With the RTX 4080 & 5900x DLSS hardware acceleration, I can easily get to 50 FPS and sometimes even 100 FPS - with less power

someone on the facebook forum has the exact same problem

I also have the same with P3D, even just vanilla P3D without any addons. It's strange, and I haven't found a solution yet either. CPU temps of 80 degrees using P3D and 55 with MSFS.