P3D v6

Jack Kenov

I don't think anybody is trying to say, use this sim or use that sim.  The point is simple though.  When the majority of a market moves to another product (in any business), it's fair to expect further development in the older product to dry up.  p3d won't stop working and nobody is forcing you guys to move on. I've said enough also on this.  I will await official comments from fslabs when the time is right.  

Ray Proudfoot
21 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Okay it's quite clear I'm wasting my time & literally people are in denial despite being told the samething a million times over. 

In denial because I have a different opinion to you? Wow! That’s arrogant. I don’t choose my simulator because it has pretty scenery. I choose it because it has the aircraft I want to fly. Aircraft first, scenery second.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In denial because I have a different opinion to you? Wow! That’s arrogant. I don’t choose my simulator because it has pretty scenery. I choose it because it has the aircraft I want to fly. Aircraft first, scenery second.

It's got nothing to do with me being arrogant. I'm just not going down that road 

• Like 1
Duncan MacKellar

Gents, 

If this thread cannot be conducted in a civil and constructive manner. I will lock it. 

Repeatedly the team has had to issue these warnings in threads that have any hint of comparison between MSFS and P3D. I, for one, am getting tired of it. 

• Like 5
stephen speak
34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Not much different? Are you serious. For what it’s worth I’m still flying Concorde in P3D v3.4. When you’re above FL500 at Mach 2 what do you think the outside world looks like? Exactly the same in v3 as v5.3. It differs only below 10,000ft.

DX9 to DX12, 32-bit to 64-bit, a proper ATC program in Radar Contact v4 and historical weather using AS meaning I can load correct weather for a daytime flight anywhere in the world.

When MSFS has caught up with what I currently have I’ll consider it but my guess is I’ll be waiting a long time.

I concur..and I know you’ve been one of the main protagonists to get the devs to produce this for P3D v5..should give a whole new world to you..hopefully v6 is better..we’ll have to see 

• Like 1
stephen speak
6 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Gents, 

If this thread cannot be conducted in a civil and constructive manner. I will lock it. 

Repeatedly the team has had to issue these warnings in threads that have any hint of comparison between MSFS and P3D. I, for one, am getting tired of it. 

Duncan..in all seriousness..this is about V6 and whether things will work ok in it..things like this usually get out of hand with other people wanting things on other platforms (not mentioning these for obvious reasons)..Andrew already said that it’s embargoed until next Monday and that’s fine..the best thing is to see what happens..I personally am happy with that..for god’s sake it’s only a week..we need to see what happens..NDA’s are a pretty powerful thing and you don’t break them..yes I have been reacting to a lot of stuff..but I say things as I see it

cheers

steve

Ray Proudfoot
13 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Gents, 

One question if I may. I see you’re a verified owner of Concorde. Do you fly it in P3D v3?

Ray Proudfoot

I see one individual is using the laugh emoji to react to a perfectly sensible comment I made. I would ask the management to remove this emoji as it’s tantamount to incitement.

The individual isn’t prepared to discuss things in a sensible way. He just laughs at a reasonable comment. No wonder I don’t post here much. I find the place very unfriendly and very different to a few years ago.

I’ve been a member here for many years with over 3.900 posts who has promoted Concorde endlessly on AvSim and elsewhere. Doesn’t seem to count for much these days.

On 6/25/2023 at 7:08 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Duncan is on the FSL Dev team.

That doesn’t answer my question Andrew.

• Sad 1
Robert Sutherland
10 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I see one individual is using the laugh emoji to react to a perfectly sensible comment I made. I would ask the management to remove this emoji as it’s tantamount to incitement.

The individual isn’t prepared to discuss things in a sensible way. He just laughs at a reasonable comment. No wonder I don’t post here much. I find the place very unfriendly and very different to a few years ago.

I’ve been a member here for many years with over 3.900 posts who has promoted Concorde endlessly on AvSim and elsewhere. Doesn’t seem to count for much these days.

That doesn’t answer my question Andrew.

You take yourself far too seriously Ray. It’s a lovely day outside. Go into your garden, walk on the grass barefooted and enjoy the sun setting to a delightful weekend. 

• Like 4
Ray Proudfoot
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

I'm intrigued where you're going with this Ray... lets have it then?

With what Andrew? Whether any of the development team actually fly Concorde any more? And I mean v3. If they haven’t in a long time how do they know how to fly her in v5? Regular exposure is vital to keeping skills sharp especially with such a complex aircraft.

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This is one of the funniest statements I've ever read

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk

With what Andrew? Whether any of the development team actually fly Concorde any more? And I mean v3. If they haven’t in a long time how do they know how to fly her in v5? Regular exposure is vital to keeping skills sharp especially with such a complex aircraft.

They know how to fly her because they have devs who do & google exists.

Andrew Wilson

Ray, I'm very sorry, it must be the heat today - I've got no idea what you're talking about? I mean that sincerely. 

Why would any of our development team be flying Concorde-X around in P3D v3, when we have a brand new Concorde title flying in P3D v5 and MSFS?

• Like 9
David Norfolk
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

Ray, I'm very sorry, it must be the heat today - I've got no idea what you're talking about? I mean that sincerely. 

Why would any of our development team be flying Concorde-X around in P3D v3, when we have a brand new Concorde title flying in P3D v5 and MSFS?

Concorde in MSFS you say... 

• Like 5
Duncan MacKellar
26 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

One question if I may. I see you’re a verified owner of Concorde. Do you fly it in P3D v3?

To clarify, I am a developer with FSL (and have been for a while now) - I have been flying Concorde, but not in v3. 

• Like 4
Ray Proudfoot
3 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

For comparison between the two sims. Does something work the same way in v5 as it did in v3? Not an unreasonable question surely?

As the real Concorde is no longer flying what do you compare v5 against? The previous version surely?

Ray Proudfoot
2 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

To clarify, I am a developer with FSL (and have been for a while now) - I have been flying Concorde, but not in v3. 

Thank you for clarifying things.

Duncan MacKellar
6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

For comparison between the two sims. Does something work the same way in v5 as it did in v3? Not an unreasonable question surely?

As the real Concorde is no longer flying what do you compare v5 against? The previous version surely?

Ray, please feel free to start a thread in the Concorde forum if you want to explore this. We will be happy to respond when we have a second.

This thread is about P3Dv6 potential, which at this point has been asked by Stephen, and answered by Andy. 

I would like to keep this thread on topic, and civil. 

Also, please note, the comments in this thread are not committing to an announcement on or around 03JUL as to FSLs P3Dv6 plans. When we have something to communicate, we will do so. 

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson

Ah, no - I have commented on this before. Concorde-X had too many inaccuracies - our teams were all instructed to not use it as a reference. 

Ray Proudfoot
1 minute ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Ray, please feel free to start a thread in the Concorde forum if you want to explore this. We will be happy to respond when we have a second.

This thread is about P3Dv6 potential, which at this point has been asked by Stephen, and answered by Andy. 

I would like to keep this thread on topic, and civil. 

Thanks Duncan but I have no intention of debating Concorde here. Not when the likes of @Danny Mooreand @Robert Sutherlandjust laugh at anything I post.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Ah, no - I have commented on this before. Concorde-X had too many inaccuracies - our teams were all instructed to not use it as a reference. 

Acknowledged, thanks.

• Haha 3

I'm sorry I enteresd this thread.  It turns immediately into "mine is better than yours" name calling. 

Duncan MacKellar
1 minute ago, stephen speak said:

I’m looking forward to an announcement..hopefully next week 

1 hour ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Also, please note, the comments in this thread are not committing to an announcement on or around 03JUL as to FSLs P3Dv6 plans. When we have something to communicate, we will do so. 

@stephen speak please bear this in mind. I would hate for you to be disappointed if an announcement is not forthcoming in the next week. We have a huge amount going on right now aside from anything v6 related. 

• Like 4
stephen speak
4 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

@stephen speak please bear this in mind. I would hate for you to be disappointed if an announcement is not forthcoming in the next week. We have a huge amount going on right now aside from anything v6 related. 

Yes..I understand these things aren’t instant..I know there will be an announcement from you guys in the near future..good luck with it and thank you 

Alexander Hamilton

The only reason I am sticking to P3D is FSLabs. If and/or when they decide to release to MSFS. I will be the first to move. I just think nothing compares and with the variants and customisation of their aircraft.

Every time a new "product" is announced we seem to end up arguing amongst ourselves.

Which is best what is best?

Who actually cares?

I'm nearly 70 years old simming since 2005,i have spent £100's on different sims from FS9 upwards.

Happy with what i have and happy to be part of the oh so friendly flightsimming community

David Porrett
59 minutes ago, Andy Smith said:

Every time a new "product" is announced we seem to end up arguing amongst ourselves.

Which is best what is best?

Who actually cares?

I'm nearly 70 years old simming since 2005,i have spent £100's on different sims from FS9 upwards.

Happy with what i have and happy to be part of the oh so friendly flightsimming community

Not quite 70 - early 60's and simming since FS2 (1983???) and had every release. 

Seems as the sims get more realistic the nastier the discourse - they were much friendlier days back then with the internet in its infancy and the awe we had as flight sims evolved.

Sad really.

stephen speak
2 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

Not quite 70 - early 60's and simming since FS2 (1983???) and had every release. 

Seems as the sims get more realistic the nastier the discourse - they were much friendlier days back then with the internet in its infancy and the awe we had as flight sims evolved.

Sad really.

I’m early 60’s..been simming since fs95..so a few years..also in the process of building an A320 home cockpit..love the hobby..been a member of vatsim since it’s infancy as well..better waiting just a little while longer and see what happens regarding v6..I will make a decision after that as to what I’m doing 

steve

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
20 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Our customers who have since migrated to MSFS (a significant proportion) could equally put forward a similar argument. Our business decisions are not engineered around customer loyalty - they are built upon market research and ROI. Like it or not, the community base using P3D is reducing rapidly and this latest release from LM will not alter this trajectory.

Happy to hear the focus has been set to MSFS however I guess you will always have a check to support the latest LM releases.

We all can't wait to see proper previews of your products in MSFS! Its about time. MSFS needs you! :P And we need you!

*you = your products, your love to your products, your product-surroundings/features/Norman :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
stephen speak
36 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Happy to hear the focus has been set to MSFS however I guess you will always have a check to support the latest LM releases.

We all can't wait to see proper previews of your products in MSFS! Its about time. MSFS needs you! :P And we need you!

*you = your products, your love to your products, your product-surroundings/features/Norman :D 

We don’t mention the other sim on here..it’s about p3d v6..as @Duncan MacKellarsaid that’s when it all went stupid yesterday and it was temporary locked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Callum McLoughlin

Over time old versions of sims stop being supported by developers, just like in the case of the A320 series - I had to switch from FSX to P3D to take advantage of future updates.

If the current trend continues, which most seem to think it will, of increased focus on MSFS (new one already on the way!) it is not beyond the realms of possibility that one day development on less popular or older platforms will stop - for example introduction of new features, support and so on.

I am not sure there is much of a “one is better than the other” argument as after all there are pros and cons of each. What I do think is more relevant is longevity and people need to hedge their bets to get the best value out of their investments.

That is why so many, including me, are backing MSFS and focusing on that as a platform. I think many of the hard core P3D people are putting off the inevitable.

Callum, ex P3D user.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Jose Rodrigues

But even if I want to switch to MSFS I won't do it now because soon new version will come out and we will have to buy it again...

• Confused 2
Andrew Wilson
12 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

But even if I want to switch to MSFS I won't do it now because soon new version will come out and we will have to buy it again...

Didn't they say 2024? Still at least 6 months away? And, as I understand it - either MSFS 2020 will continue to function alongside MSFS 2024, or customers will be entitled to an upgrade path of sorts?

• Like 8
Stephen Cooke
15 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

To be fair I certainly would not expect FSL to provide free updates to the P3D platform in perpetuity either.

stephen speak
14 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Didn't they say 2024? Still at least 6 months away? And, as I understand it - either MSFS 2020 will continue to function alongside MSFS 2024, or customers will be entitled to an upgrade path of sorts?

Andy..what’s getting me is this is about p3d v6 and with people who have obviously moved to another platform..their choice..keep hijacking it..that’s when it all went a bit awry yesterday..v6 isn’t even released for another week and these people are writing it off already..just my observation 

steve

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Andy..what’s getting me is this is about p3d v6 and with people who have obviously moved to another platform..their choice..keep hijacking it..that’s when it all went a bit awry yesterday..v6 isn’t even released for another week and these people are writing it off already..just my observation 

steve

I suggest using the forum's Ignore function. Hover your cursor over the user's name and hit Ignore. In a twist on conventional wisdom, this place would actually be a lot more positive if we started ignoring each other.