P3D v6

Jack Kenov

Jack Kenov

Hello all. I've been on the fence about purchasing the a320, and will it be compatible with P3D v6? I've heard Majestic software has access to v6, and I wonder if the same applies to you. 

I was just asking because I'll probably purchase your product when v6 comes out.

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson
9 hours ago, Jack Kenov said:

I've heard Majestic software has access to v6

And subsequently broke their NDA. 

I'm afraid, due to NDA, we are unable to comment on anything related to P3Dv6 at this time.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Riccardo Masia

I'm just not sure if I can upgrade to P3Dv6. I know that FSL will most likely consider and update their products to be compatible with v6, but will others? Most have already abandoned the P3D scene as the money is elsewhere. No updates anymore from Aerosoft, MKStudios, and others. So who knows if the v5 content will be seamlessly compatible. Idk if it's worth the hassle.

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson
I'm just not sure if I can upgrade to P3Dv6. I know that FSL will most likely consider and update their products to be compatible with v6.

At this time, we have not made any commitments to support P3D v6.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Nadeem Zabaneh
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Andrew! 

Is it in the plans? Will we find out in Due Course? 

David Porrett
2 hours ago, Nadeem Zabaneh said:

Hi Andrew! 

Is it in the plans? Will we find out in Due Course? 

It's only just been announced - give them a break.

• Like 4
stephen speak

From what I’ve read v6 is supposed to be backwards compatible..surely it will need a different sim connect..but we’ll have to see..hopefully we can just install and run but who knows..only 2 weeks to wait..the academic license is changing to personal and the professional and professional plus licenses are having a huge price hike..I personally will be sticking to 5.4 for the time being..unless v6 is a proper game changer..but won’t be getting any of the pro licenses again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Stephen Cooke
8 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hopefully we will see FSL on P3Dv6 !

stephen speak
21 minutes ago, Stephen Cooke said:

Hopefully we will see FSL on P3Dv6 !

Well they’ve been around since fsx so I can’t see why not..one of the only developers to continue supporting P3D 

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, stephen speak said:

Well they’ve been around since fsx so I can’t see why not..one of the only developers to continue supporting P3D 

Because the player base is properly far lower these days & they might wanna move onto msfs 

• Like 2
stephen speak
9 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Because the player base is properly far lower these days & they might wanna move onto msfs 

They’re doing both platforms eventually..they’re concentrating on p3d first..and quite rightly so as it’s us on that platform that put them where they are..most other developers seem to forget that 

• Like 2
Jose Rodrigues
16 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

it’s us on that platform that put them where they are..most other developers seem to forget that 

This!

• Like 2
Andrew Wilson
They’re doing both platforms eventually..they’re concentrating on p3d first..and quite rightly so as it’s us on that platform that put them where they are..most other developers seem to forget that 

Our customers who have since migrated to MSFS (a significant proportion) could equally put forward a similar argument. Our business decisions are not engineered around customer loyalty - they are built upon market research and ROI. Like it or not, the community base using P3D is reducing rapidly and this latest release from LM will not alter this trajectory.
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of what platform FSL has their sights on, I hope they share an update on the status of the Airbus line soon. It's been more than a year since Lefteris mentioned it. 

• Like 3
Robert Sutherland

This loyalty argument is ludicrous. Businesses change how and where they put their resources all the time and just because P3D (which was one of only two sims available at the time) was the chosen platform doesn’t mean that FSL should just stick with it. Things change and if a developer doesn’t go with the market they will ultimately get left behind. 

• Like 6

but most of US have moved on to MSFS and are waiting for them to get there too.  Then we will continue supporting them like we always did.  

• Like 8
stephen speak
2 minutes ago, David Gray said:

but most of US have moved on to MSFS and are waiting for them to get there too.  Then we will continue supporting them like we always did.  

I’m not saying they shouldn’t support other platforms..that’s what they call market share..it’s just us who still enjoy p3d hope that we’ll still be supported with new products and updates etc..some of us don’t like msfs and there’s reasons for it..FSLabs stopped supporting fsx a while ago..the main reason is 32 bit architecture..but when i personally and most others have spent quite a few £ on this and are building a home cockpit around it are getting a little nervous..I like what FSLabs do..I always have..they make a great product..what I personally don’t want is to jump ship if p3d is no longer supported 

• Like 1

not sure what your home cockpit is.  But I can assure you with spad.next and other tools, that it can almost definitely be used in other simulators.  

I totally can understand them wanting to evaluated and make decisions later.  They are running a business.  I can remember being upset when devs moved on from FS9.  But it's just the way it works.  

stephen speak
3 minutes ago, David Gray said:

not sure what your home cockpit is.  But I can assure you with spad.next and other tools, that it can almost definitely be used in other simulators.  

I totally can understand them wanting to evaluated and make decisions later.  They are running a business.  I can remember being upset when devs moved on from FS9.  But it's just the way it works.  

Slalarki..now why should I move to another simulation after spending god knows how much on licenses to use this very expensive product on something else just because you said it can be done..then you’ve got to go through it all again..I will go to prosim if you’re prepared to stump up the £1500 for the license for me

6 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Slalarki..now why should I move to another simulation after spending god knows how much on licenses to use this very expensive product on something else just because you said it can be done..then you’ve got to go through it all again..I will go to prosim if you’re prepared to stump up the £1500 for the license for me

You can always stick to the P3D version you're on now and not upgrade if it did come down to the fact they were not going to support V6. 

• Like 1
stephen speak
5 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

You can always stick to the P3D version you're on now and not upgrade if it did come down to the fact they were not going to support V6. 

Apparently from what I’ve read..V6 is supposed to be backwards compatible..so FSLabs shouldn’t really have much of an issue..just the usual update when a new update is released..I am not on about p3d..I am more on about msfs..which I have no interest at all

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Apparently from what I’ve read..V6 is supposed to be backwards compatible..so FSLabs shouldn’t really have much of an issue..just the usual update when a new update is released..I am not on about p3d..I am more on about msfs..which I have no interest at all

I get you have no interest in MSFS but your products aren't just going to stop working in the versions they are already supported in if Fslabs did decide to move over to MSFS full time. 

At the end of the day - Companies like Fslabs need money to survive and if that money is on another platform they are going to switch. It's a business at the end of the day.

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson
Apparently from what I’ve read..V6 is supposed to be backwards compatible..so FSLabs shouldn’t really have much of an issue..just the usual update when a new update is released..

No, this is quite incorrect. We are not permitted to discuss any further.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
stephen speak
7 minutes ago, MattGarner said:

I get you have no interest in MSFS but your products aren't just going to stop working in the versions they are already supported in if Fslabs did decide to move over to MSFS full time. 

At the end of the day - Companies like Fslabs need money to survive and if that money is on another platform they are going to switch. It's a business at the end of the day.

No..they just won’t get updated like every new version of p3d a new update will pop up a few days later..msfs will keep them busy as it seems to have an update every two weeks 

stephen speak
3 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

No, this is quite incorrect. We are not permitted to discuss any further.

I quite understand andy..I’m just trying to get my head around all this..I know you lefteris and the devs know..all will become apparent in the end and hopefully good news for everyone on all platforms 

As Andrew said higher in this thread, the P3d base is shrinking.   True, mostly, I would expect, because there hasn't been anything new in v5 for quite some time. Used migrate to the new sim accordingly.  Who knows if they will go back to P3d when it upgrades.  I would think a great percentage of the new users of MSFS are not "serious" simmers, but "gamers" who probably won't change to a more "serious" sim. 

I have moved to MSFS, but as one who uses VAs for much of my flying, I don't like the lack of "serious" airliners in MSFS like those from FSL and PMDG beyond the B737.  Not sue I would move to v6, but a lot would depend on FSL's plans.

Edited by Bob Zolto
addition
ChristopherLow

I have no interest in purchasing v5 at this late stage, so my (P3D) options are either to stick with v4.5HF2 or purchase the new v6. The latter option would only be of interest to me if it has full compatibility with my existing addons and also the new 64bit version of Concorde, and if the price of the new "Personal" license version is in the correct ball park ;)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bob Zolto said:

As Andrew said higher in this thread, the P3d base is shrinking.   True, mostly, I would expect, because there hasn't been anything new in v5 for quite some time. Used migrate to the new sim accordingly.  Who knows if they will go back to P3d when it upgrades.  I would think a great percentage of the new users of MSFS are not "serious" simmers, but "gamers" who probably won't change to a more "serious" sim.  Who knows?

I think even most of the "serious" simmers moved to msfs.  Or even to xplane also.  I don't think anybody who moved saw the V6 announcement and said, "Hey I may move back to p3d".  

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, David Gray said:

I think even most of the "serious" simmers moved to msfs.  Or even to xplane also.  I don't think anybody who moved saw the V6 announcement and said, "Hey I may move back to p3d".  

Not sure that is true that most serious simmers have moved.  P3d keeps this forum alive since no FSL aircraft are available in MSFS and the only semi-comparable A320 is the Fenix, which still has problems.  Also, there are many others who use the PMSG 777 and 747 in P3d.  I have seen several users in other forums say they would move back depending on compatibility etc.  More will be known in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
Pablo Prada

P3D v6 hasn’t been released yet, so please why don’t you let the team work? 
They have supported us during all previous versions. Let them work please. 

18 minutes ago, Bob Zolto said:

Not sure that is true that most serious simmers have moved.  P3d keeps this forum alive since no FSL aircraft are available in MSFS and the only semi-comparable A320 is the Fenix, which still has problems.  Also, there are many others who use the PMSG 777 and 747 in P3d.  I have seen several users in other forums say they would move back depending on compatibility etc.  More will be known in a couple of weeks.

I base my statements on a multitude of surveys and social media/forum usage trends.  Andrew himself said upthread a significant portion of their customers have migrated to MSFS.  I also miss many of my old airplanes from p3d.  Can't wait for them to come out. 

Trevor Hannant

I do almost all my flying in MSFS now, I do have P3Dv5 and have been using lately, mostly for PMDG 777 flying but have had the FSL A321 and Majestic Q400 out lately.  Will I keep it installed?  Yes.  Will I upgrade to v6?  Not likely - but I'll still use MSFS as my main sim.

David Norfolk
5 hours ago, stephen speak said:

It's got nothing to do with loyality.It's purely business. Why put money into a platform that doesnt have a massive following anymore? If it was your business, would you do that or would you invest it into a platform that has literally millions of people on it? It's common sense. Also,FSL wasn't made when P3D was a thing. They were known well around FSX days with their 320 & concorde v1 

stephen speak
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

It's got nothing to do with loyality.It's purely business. Why put money into a platform that doesnt have a massive following anymore? If it was your business, would you do that or would you invest it into a platform that has literally millions of people on it? It's common sense. Also,FSL wasn't made when P3D was a thing. They were known well around FSX days with their 320 & concorde v1 

As I said earlier..that was on a 32 bit architecture that just didn’t work..well it did but with a lot of restrictions 

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

As I said earlier..that was on a 32 bit architecture that just didn’t work..well it did but with a lot of restrictions 

P3D isn't *that much different* yes, it has upgrades etc over fsx of course. But with MSFS they can do much much more. P3Ds engine is beyond exhausted at this point. As harsh it sounds. People need to move with the times. Including devs

• Like 7
stephen speak
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

P3D isn't *that much different* yes, it has upgrades etc over fsx of course. But with MSFS they can do much much more. P3Ds engine is beyond exhausted at this point. 

So you’re saying p3d v6 engine is exhausted..please elaborate you must know more than everyone else does 

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

So you’re saying p3d v6 engine is exhausted..please elaborate you must know more than everyone else does 

Dude, it's not about what I know lol. Look at the trailer. Their idea of "highly detailed airports" is very different to mine. You can even see how stuttery it is. The texturing looks awful, the lighting is meh. I'm not hating. I'm literally saying what's being shown.

• Like 6
Ray Proudfoot
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

P3D isn't *that much different* yes, it has upgrades etc over fsx of course. But with MSFS they can do much much more. P3Ds engine is beyond exhausted at this point. As harsh it sounds. People need to move with the times. Including devs

Not much different? Are you serious. For what it’s worth I’m still flying Concorde in P3D v3.4. When you’re above FL500 at Mach 2 what do you think the outside world looks like? Exactly the same in v3 as v5.3. It differs only below 10,000ft.

DX9 to DX12, 32-bit to 64-bit, a proper ATC program in Radar Contact v4 and historical weather using AS meaning I can load correct weather for a daytime flight anywhere in the world.

When MSFS has caught up with what I currently have I’ll consider it but my guess is I’ll be waiting a long time.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
David Norfolk

Okay it's quite clear I'm wasting my time & literally people are in denial despite being told the samething a million times over. 

Have a good day 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, David Gray said:

As a serious simmer I have not moved to msfs - I do not even have a license for it!

I appreciate you 'caveated' you statement with the word 'most', but no it's not for me right now. And I won't enter into further discussion as to what I sims I use - not that anyone cares :) but note I still use more than one and I am keen to support FSLabs future products. Clue: I buy a sim based on the devs that develop aircraft for it ;) 

• Like 1