P3D v6

Jack Kenov

Callum McLoughlin
38 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Andy..what’s getting me is this is about p3d v6 and with people who have obviously moved to another platform..their choice..keep hijacking it..that’s when it all went a bit awry yesterday..v6 isn’t even released for another week and these people are writing it off already..just my observation 

steve

Perhaps people are trying to add information to inform the thread starters question about whether it’s worth purchasing P3Dv6 and the likelihood of a pipeline of products for that platform? :) 

stephen speak
2 minutes ago, Callum McLoughlin said:

Perhaps people are trying to add information to inform the thread starters question about whether it’s worth purchasing P3Dv6 and the likelihood of a pipeline of products for that platform? :) 

Maybe so..but like I said it’s not released for another week..unless these people know something the rest of us don’t..better not to speculate..I’m not..just going to wait and see 

14 minutes ago, Maxime Guy said:

How about we all enjoy a few previews of upcoming titles from the team to chill everyone out ? @Andrew Wilson Do your magic ! 

(Poor attempt I know...:lol:)

Yeah and let’s see some shots of the Concorde flying on Xbox, I’m sure that will lower the temperature even more.

• Haha 2
Timm Rehberg
4 hours ago, stephen speak said:

We don’t mention the other sim on here..it’s about p3d v6..as @Duncan MacKellarsaid that’s when it all went stupid yesterday and it was temporary locked

I don´t care when its about speaking out loud my love to FSL and my need of FSL in MSFS :D

• Like 3
Craig Baillie

The point is that people should be able to conduct themselves in a civil manner and engage in meaningful conversation.

Of course talking about one sim will generate conversation about other options and I, for one, am totally fine with that (I spent years refusing to go to P3D but I got there in the end!).

I’m not fine when it degenerates so quickly into the same tired old conversation and becomes ludicrous, as it did yesterday.

I’m not surprised this topic got closed yesterday. I am surprised it got reopened.

For what it’s worth I have both P3D and MSFS. Concorde is a certainty for me and probably will be my last big purchase for P3D.

With v6 it is a wait and see for me. It seems to be focused on atmospherics; well I have addons that do that already.

It’s just been formerly announced and to expect developers to have immediate responses is unrealistic; the same goes for MSFS2024.

I’ve been a member of this community for  a long time. It saddens me to see how irrational it’s become.

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, Craig Baillie said:

I’ve been a member of this community for  a long time.

In fact, if I recall correctly, you were on my SSTSIM Concorde team, is that right Craig? Certainly feels like a life time ago now! 

Craig Baillie
2 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

In fact, if I recall correctly, you were on my SSTSIM Concorde team, is that right Craig? Certainly feels like a life time ago now! 

Tis true @Andrew Wilson. Plus 20 yrs I think :o!

stephen speak

Bloody hell..I had that for fs2004..that is going back a bit..I didn’t realise @Andrew Wilson had been involved with sim development for that long 

Søren Dissing
10 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I think it was Paul Haworth that got me involved back then. Just checked my old files and I found an SSTSIM101.exe from October 2005, whereas it looks like the release was in 2007?

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, Søren Dissing said:

I think it was Paul Haworth that got me involved back then. Just checked my old files and I found an SSTSIM101.exe from October 2005, whereas it looks like the release was in 2007?

Yes I recall there was an initial release, followed later by an Service Update 3 that was quite significant. 

I think it was 1998 that I started contributing to the FS98 community. My first sim was FS4 released in 1989!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Marc Fuolega

As a long-time customer of FSLabs I hope you won’t waste any more development time on a dying platform. I am looking forward to seeing your products coming to MSFS. 

I miss the FSLabs planes. But not enough to keep P3D installed. 

• Like 3
stephen speak
6 hours ago, Marc Fuolega said:

As a long-time customer of FSLabs I hope you won’t waste any more development time on a dying platform. I am looking forward to seeing your products coming to MSFS. 

I miss the FSLabs planes. But not enough to keep P3D installed. 

As it says on the header p3d v6..the other platform users hijacking this at weekend with the we want it and want it now attitude..like yours got it locked for a while..if you’ve nothing positive to say or want to discuss the other platform..open another thread 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, stephen speak said:

As it says on the header p3d v6..the other platform users hijacking this at weekend with the we want it and want it now attitude..like yours got it locked for a while..if you’ve nothing positive to say or want to discuss the other platform..open another thread 

I think the thread was meant to be about the potential of P3DV6.  I agree we should refrain from comparing multiple sims.  But there is nothing that says everybody has to say something positive about P3DV6.  For example.  I was very excited to open the link and read about the V6 announcement.  However I was not impressed with what I saw.  Just because it's not a positive reaction to V6 doesn't mean people are not free to share their thoughts.  (As long as it's done with civility)

• Like 2
stephen speak
53 minutes ago, David Gray said:

I think the thread was meant to be about the potential of P3DV6.  I agree we should refrain from comparing multiple sims.  But there is nothing that says everybody has to say something positive about P3DV6.  For example.  I was very excited to open the link and read about the V6 announcement.  However I was not impressed with what I saw.  Just because it's not a positive reaction to V6 doesn't mean people are not free to share their thoughts.  (As long as it's done with civility)

To be honest..no one can put a positive or negative comment about v6..due to the fact it’s not released for another 5 days..as I said in an earlier comment..we’ll just have to wait and see..maybe I’ll get it maybe I won’t..at the minute 5.4 is working fine for me..I built my computer specifically to run that ..the rumoured price hikes for v6 might be a game changer though 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, stephen speak said:

To be honest..no one can put a positive or negative comment about v6..due to the fact it’s not released for another 5 days..as I said in an earlier comment..we’ll just have to wait and see..maybe I’ll get it maybe I won’t..at the minute 5.4 is working fine for me..I built my computer specifically to run that ..the rumoured price hikes for v6 might be a game changer though 

Can we give a conclusive review?  no we can't.  But they released a video as well as a list of updates.  It's logical to have an initial reaction.  

Dave Taylor
On 6/24/2023 at 11:20 PM, Riccardo Masia said:

Most have already abandoned the P3D scene as the money is elsewhere

Can you provide any proof of this, or is it just what you wanted?

stephen speak
1 minute ago, David Gray said:

Can we give a conclusive review?  no we can't.  But they released a video as well as a list of updates.  It's logical to have an initial reaction.  

And you use p3d do you??

7 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

And you use p3d do you??

I used V4 and V5.  But retired p3d about a year ago.  Though I was still a late mover to msfs compared to most.  I had some good years with p3d.  

• Like 3
Riccardo Masia
1 minute ago, Dave Taylor said:

Mkstudios do not provide updates for their P3D scenery anymore.

Aerosoft formally abandoned P3D for MSFS.

For OrbX I have to go all the way back to April 2022 to find an update for P3D.

Justsim released a new airport for P3D, but seems more like a port from MSFS. FlyTampa always moves slowly. No surprise as more of their resources go to MSFS.

This is not me claiming, but mere logical facts. The money is in MSFS, and the resources are allocated there.

Andrew Wilson
11 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

There have been online surveys, plus statistics for various VA's (BAV for example), Simulators used with Vatsim/IVAO etc. It's consistent data that shows the P3D market is shrinking.  

I'm intrigued to see how the community react to P3D v6 on Monday.

• Like 8
Nihar Modak
5 minutes ago, Riccardo Masia said:

Mkstudios do not provide updates for their P3D scenery anymore.

Aerosoft formally abandoned P3D for MSFS.

For OrbX I have to go all the way back to April 2022 to find an update for P3D.

Justsim released a new airport for P3D, but seems more like a port from MSFS. FlyTampa always moves slowly. No surprise as more of their resources go to MSFS.

This is not me claiming, but mere logical facts. The money is in MSFS, and the resources are allocated there

Okay, with MSFS 2024 approaching do you want developers to abandon MSFS 2020 as well? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Nihar Modak said:

Okay, with MSFS 2024 approaching do you want developers to abandon MSFS 2020 as well? 

yeah but it seems like most payware will be easily updatable from 2020 to 2024.  atleast from what we've heard.  so that's kind of a different scenario

• Like 2
stephen speak
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

There have been online surveys, plus statistics for various VA's (BAV for example), Simulators used with Vatsim/IVAO etc. It's consistent data that shows the P3D market is shrinking.  

I'm intrigued to see how the community react to P3D v6 on Monday.

Me as well andy..I’ve been a member of bav since 2000..flown every iteration of aircraft there..since the A320x series came out that’s more or less all I’ve flown..at the moment I’m in the middle of a huge investment in making a home cockpit A320 series built around FSLabs..most other airbus you only get one or the other..FSLabs you can get every model there is..I have invested heavily in this so you can imagine how I’m feeling with all this going on..you look how many licenses I’ve purchased..not just me but god knows how many others..will these be transferable??..will there be a fee for jumping across to the other sim ..all these questions really need clarification 

4 minutes ago, David Gray said:

yeah but it seems like most payware will be easily updatable from 2020 to 2024.  atleast from what we've heard.  so that's kind of a different scenario

That’s what was said about 5.4 to v6.. but apparently it’s not that easy 

17 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

I'm not aware of anywhere where this has been said.  Where?  In fact we've heard now atleast two airplane makers say that's not the case

stephen speak
1 minute ago, David Gray said:

I'm not aware of anywhere where this has been said.  Where?  In fact we've heard now atleast two airplane makers say that's not the case

@Andrew Wilson said it at weekend..if you look further back on this thread you’ll see it..he couldn’t elaborate and rightly so as obviously there’s embargos and NDA’s in place..I think them that have said this are probably in breach..FSLabs aren’t that stupid 

who knows how much work is needed or not.  Probably the real question is how much ROI they get spending time on that vs other places.  

Duncan MacKellar
36 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Me as well andy..I’ve been a member of bav since 2000..flown every iteration of aircraft there..since the A320x series came out that’s more or less all I’ve flown..at the moment I’m in the middle of a huge investment in making a home cockpit A320 series built around FSLabs..most other airbus you only get one or the other..FSLabs you can get every model there is..I have invested heavily in this so you can imagine how I’m feeling with all this going on..you look how many licenses I’ve purchased..not just me but god knows how many others..will these be transferable??..will there be a fee for jumping across to the other sim ..all these questions really need clarification 

To quell any undue concern, those who have P3Dv4/P3Dv5 licences will be able to use them on those platforms going forward. This will allow you to safeguard any investment made at today's standards. As I have said repeatedly, we will let you know our plans when we have something to communicate.

• Like 7
Andrew Wilson

@stephen speak 

I believe that your A320-X license(s) and P3D license do not have an expiration date. Therefore, I fail to comprehend the source of your concern. Rest assured that your current home cockpit setup will remain fully functional using P3D v4/v5, unaffected by any future developments in P3Dv6 or MSFS.

• Like 5
stephen speak
10 minutes ago, David Gray said:

who knows how much work is needed or not.  Probably the real question is how much ROI they get spending time on that vs other places.  

I can understand the msfs brigade saying we want it and want it now..that’s why it all went pear shaped at weekend..the notifications last may from lefteris was they’re doing the NEO..A330 and Concorde..first on p3d..then on msfs..now FSLabs are a reputable company and I and all the other p3d simmers are pleased with that announcement..now whether it will be on V6 any time soon who knows..as for msfs the same applies..that’s up to the developers to decide not you or me..so as I said before..wait and see

stephen speak
7 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

To quell any undue concern, those who have P3Dv4/P3Dv5 licences will be able to use them on those platforms going forward. This will allow you to safeguard any investment made at today's standards. As I have said repeatedly, we will let you know our plans when we have something to communicate.

@Duncan MacKellar..as I keep saying the same..let the developers do whatever is necessary..you must have seen my posts..good luck going forward with this

steve

stephen speak
9 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

@stephen speak 

I believe that your A320-X license(s) and P3D license do not have an expiration date. Therefore, I fail to comprehend the source of your concern. Rest assured that your current home cockpit setup will remain fully functional using P3D v4/v5, unaffected by any future developments in P3Dv6 or MSFS.

It’s just I remember having the fsx/p3d v3..32 bit license and when that development ended and updated to 64 bit there was a free upgrade for a while..can’t remember the duration..then there was a change when that finished..and I remember people coming on here years after asking for the free upgrade..you must remember that..that’s what I was concerned about..and thanks for putting minds at rest regards licensing 

cheers

steve

Douglas Cheeseman

I have recently been considering about buying the A319 and then possibly/probably a bit later on the A320&A321 Sharklet versions.

I will hang off on these purchases to see about the compatibility with P3d V6.

I have no intentions whatsoever of going to MSFS. Unfortunately I bought that back in August 2020 and waited too long to get a refund so it was a complete waste of money for me. It is uninstalled and it will not be back on my computer unless there a drastic changes.

I will be remaining with P3d V5 and hopefully V6 for quite some time to come.

• Like 3
stephen speak
1 minute ago, Douglas Cheeseman said:

I have recently been considering about buying the A319 and then possibly/probably a bit later on the A320&A321 Sharklet versions.

I will hang off on these purchases to see about the compatibility with P3d V6.

I have no intentions whatsoever of going to MSFS. Unfortunately I bought that back in August 2020 and waited too long to get a refund so it was a complete waste of money for me. It is uninstalled and it will not be back on my computer unless there a drastic changes.

I will be remaining with P3d V5 and hopefully V6 for quite some time to come.

Have you got the A320 base version?? As nothing else will work unless you have..I agree with msfs..not for me either 

• Like 1
Mihkel Kiil
34 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Have you got the A320 base version?? As nothing else will work unless you have..I agree with msfs..not for me either 

He does have the verified owner badge...

• Thanks 1
Chris Howard
2 hours ago, David Gray said:

I used V4 and V5.  But retired p3d about a year ago.  Though I was still a late mover to msfs compared to most.  I had some good years with p3d.  

Me too,

I very highly doubt that I will ever return to p3d though, but thankful for the good times I had with the sim.

MSFS is just way more pleasing in many ways and cant wait for flightsimlabs to arrive in my hanger :rolleyes:

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot

Having purchased around 150 airports for P3D which adds up to around 3,000 GBP assuming an average of 20 quid a time I’m not prepared to throw all that away and start afresh on another simulator.

I’m sure there are plenty who had bought more than that but still preferred another sim. Hard to fathom really. But that’s their choice. I respect their decision and trust they respect mine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
stephen speak
16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Having purchased around 150 airports for P3D which adds up to around 3,000 GBP assuming an average of 20 quid a time I’m not prepared to throw all that away and start afresh on another simulator.

I’m sure there are plenty who had bought more than that but still preferred another sim. Hard to fathom really. But that’s their choice. I respect their decision and trust they respect mine.

I know..it’s anything but a cheap hobby..my throttle pack alone was the better part of 3k..let alone all the other hardware I have..scenery etc

Chris Howard
19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Quite right.

Each to their own.

• Like 1