P3D v6

Jack Kenov

stephen speak

I’ve just been looking at the system specs for msfs..you could probably run that on a pentium 2 with 16 mb ram and a voodoo 5 graphics card :lol:..I know one thing..all those moaning we want FSLabs and we want it now on msfs..be prepared to spend money..lots of it beefing your system up because the A320x system isn’t light..it needs a near nasa computer to run it :lol:

Andrew Wilson

I haven't noticed any performance issues while running our Airbus in MSFS. It's important to remember that MSFS utilises a completely new graphics engine compared to the FSX-ESP engine that P3D is built upon. This means you can push the limits and enjoy better performance in MSFS, even when throwing more demanding graphics at it, compared to P3D.

And also - I think a lot of the MSFS crowd are already running newer rigs to take advantage of technologies such as TAA and DLSS. 

• Like 18
stephen speak
25 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I haven't noticed any performance issues while running our Airbus in MSFS. It's important to remember that MSFS utilises a completely new graphics engine compared to the FSX-ESP engine that P3D is built upon. This means you can push the limits and enjoy better performance in MSFS, even when throwing more demanding graphics at it, compared to P3D.

And also - I think a lot of the MSFS crowd are already running newer rigs to take advantage of technologies such as TAA and DLSS. 

Andy..it was just a thought this morning that if some had a light rig just with basic specs they’re going to be sorely disappointed..its that those that have had FSLabs products since fsx like me know it’s not a lightweight as far as resources are concerned..I don’t know what FSLabs system specs will be for that platform..obviously you people testing have pretty beefy systems that if it can run P3D and FSLabs will easily be able to run msfs

Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Nice effort @Timm Rehberg:D

I notice you’re missing a badge too. Happy to fly at Mach 0.82 when Mach 2 is available? Pardon my boom as I overtake you at Mach 1.18. ;)

Sorry, if I want to speak about history, I go visit my grandmum. Thx!

• Haha 1
Maxime Guy
25 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Sorry, if I want to speak about history, I go visit my grandmum. Thx!

We all know you're still going to buy it ;)

• Haha 1
Danny Moore
4 hours ago, stephen speak said:

I’ve just been looking at the system specs for msfs..you could probably run that on a pentium 2 with 16 mb ram and a voodoo 5 graphics card :lol:..I know one thing..all those moaning we want FSLabs and we want it now on msfs..be prepared to spend money..lots of it beefing your system up because the A320x system isn’t light..it needs a near nasa computer to run it :lol:

Just finished building a high end rig for situations like this so I say, bring it. I’m ready for the FSLabs in any sim. 

Dating myself but the last Voodoo setup I ran was a TNT2 with dual Voodoo 2s running SLI. I was big into Quake series and Unreal Tournament back then..

• Like 1
Trevor Hannant
6 hours ago, stephen speak said:

I ran the FSL A32X series on P3D with an Intel I5 and GTX960 just fine for years (despite being told it wasn't good enough!).  Certainly nowhere near NASA equipment.  

That same rig ran MSFS with no issues whatsoever including the Fenix until I did my upgrade.  Can't remember when I built the previous PC but the GTX960 was bought not long after release in 2015 and still ran both sims fine 8 years on.  I've now upgraded the PC and GPU but again, these have been fairly "high ended" not just for the performance now, but to last for years to come like my previous rig.

Remember that MSFS has always planned to go to console - and the XBox 5's GPU (Lockhart) is equivalent to a GTX1650/AMD Radeon 5500 XT...

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
6 hours ago, Maxime Guy said:

We all know you're still going to buy it ;)

If someone promises me that the Airbus will come faster for MSFS, I'll buy it!

• Haha 2
Markus Burkhard
17 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

If someone promises me that the Airbus will come faster for MSFS, I'll buy it!

No promise needed since this is one of the basic laws in the universe; If a company earns more money it can develop products faster at higher quality. The question is, can you measure that difference of a single additional sale :D Probably not, which means I could promise you anyway to get that sale and you couldn't prove me wrong afterwards ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Maxime Guy
43 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No promise needed since this is one of the basic laws in the universe; If a company earns more money it can develop products faster at higher quality. The question is, can you measure that difference of a single additional sale :D Probably not, which means I could promise you anyway to get that sale and you couldn't prove me wrong afterwards ^_^

Let me give you my money ASAP ! :lol:

Timm Rehberg
6 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

I am not sure if you got my sale already or I need to apply as a marketing manager! :P In any case: can you release the Concorde please do get to know more about your timeline, etc? :D
Take that post as a approval to the concorde release! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
M_i_k_e_V_o_g
On 7/6/2023 at 12:06 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

My major concern with msfs isn't with graphics or performance - those are its stronger points! My doubts revolve around its ability to simulate accurate dynamics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Steven Agre
12 minutes ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

My major concern with msfs isn't with graphics or performance - those are its stronger points! My doubts revolve around its ability to simulate accurate dynamics.

I don't think this is a concern any more than it was in P3D (or X-Plane, for that matter). MSFS has a lot of good technology under the hood to accurately simulate flight dynamics, and it's just up to developers to make the best use of it. Like with X-Plane and P3D, some addons do a very good job, and some do a terrible job.

That said, I do think MSFS leans a bit more toward the X-Plane side of the spectrum where it's ability to simulate outside-the-normal-envelope flight dynamics also means it's harder to make sure you're hitting every book number inside the normal envelope.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Weather! That’s the problem if you want to depart from airports well away from your time zone.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Weather! That’s the problem if you want to depart from airports well away from your time zone.

New drinking game. Take a shot every time Ray mentions historical weather.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
Ray Proudfoot
23 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

Nothing constructive to add to the discussion Alex? No, I thought not. And I never included “historical” in my post. :lol:

• Like 1
Ramon De Valencia
1 hour ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

Flying "at night" with mid-day temperatures. What a simulator, gentlemen!

wake at little bit earlier or stay awake longer at night so you can match live timing with live weather.

I live in the middle east, flying right now from EDDL to EGSS with live weather and live timings, what is the problem? If want to fly in the US I will wait until the night. 

that is just an excuse to keep bashing MSFS

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
stephen speak
2 hours ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

Flying "at night" with mid-day temperatures. What a simulator, gentlemen!

Have you ever heard of active sky..try it I’m sure you’ll like it..updated weather on a regular basis..had it for 20 years..never missed a beat 

• Like 2
stephen speak
Just now, Jose Rodrigues said:

I use ASP3D @stephen speak

Unfortunately "ASMSFS" does not exist.

Well that’s a shame..a developer not going to the dark side :rolleyes:..asp3d is as good as it gets with weather generators..you can’t blame p3d for that..that runs independently of the platform..the same as any other platform..now if you’re getting mid day temperatures at midnight..you need to look at your simconnect 

Ray Proudfoot
4 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Well that’s a shame..a developer not going to the dark side

To gain access to the weather API requires Asobo to provide the relevant info in the SDK. Up to now Hi-Fi requests have been ignored / refused.

So much for cooperating with third parties.

• Like 3
stephen speak
18 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

HiFiSim cannot create "ASMSFS" because Asobo/Microsoft/wtv won't let them do it. The SDK is closed @stephen speak

That’s probably because msfs has its own weather generator..that must be pants

Ray Proudfoot
8 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

That’s probably because msfs has its own weather generator..that must be pants

I don’t know how difficult it would be for Hi-Fi to generate weather. But I’m pretty sure they’d be able to create cirrus clouds which continue to defeat the current providers. They’re experts having worked on FSX / P3D for over 20 years.

Steve Prowse

Fact is FSX/P3D had…have let’s say a less than satisfactory weather system, absolute pants!  Just like the pants scenery and airports.  So AS is a must have for the old simulators etc.  

2 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Here we go again...

FSL needs to release Concorde if only to give these people something else to talk about.

• Haha 2
Steve Prowse
6 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

FSL needs to release Concorde if only to give these people something else to talk about.

Nah waiting for the MSFS version….and it is going to be fantastic……

• Like 4
David Gray

does p3d still have that weird glitch from early V5 where at certain times it would rapidly flash back and forth between full rain and no rain in like a millisecond or did they finally get that resolved?  That used to drive me crazy. Or the weather being sent to the sim would show rain but it strangely wasn't actually raining?

Steven Agre
10 hours ago, stephen speak said:

Have you ever heard of active sky..try it I’m sure you’ll like it..updated weather on a regular basis..had it for 20 years..never missed a beat 

I'll take MSFS live weather over AS thanks... I enjoy actually being able to see distant fronts, rain, and visibly changing weather patterns while I'm flying :D

• Like 4
Steve Ruiz
On 7/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, Alex Pugh said:

Considering Ray's main signature link flows to the neighborhood's weather outlook, you can hardly fault this man for tying his heartstrings to clouds and storm cells from weeks ago ;)

• Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Steve Ruiz said:

Considering Ray's main signature link flows to the neighborhood's weather outlook, you can hardly fault this man for tying his heartstrings to clouds and storm cells from weeks ago ;)

That’s my weather station that has been running continuously since May 2009. So yes, you could say I have a higher interest in the weather than the average simmer. 5173 days of records and counting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Raphaël Fontaines
5 hours ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

But what is the problem that some people prefer something else?

I don't want/use Live Weather either.

Historical weather is incredible. I can't get back to MSFS just because of his poor weather engine.
The depiction is awesome and the live weather is good (except when transition get buggy), but features are way under ASP3D possibility.

Using METAR database and regular expression research i'm able to find the weather i want to fly for any airport, historical weather is a fantastic tool.

Jeffry Babb

Sad day for me today as FS Labs has parted ways with the ESP lineage.  I got P3D v6 and I see that FSLabs won't be paying attention to this release.  Went ahead and removed the control center and everything.  Life is short and I understand that FSLabs probably need to pay bills and MSFS is the way that flight sim developers pay those bills.  MSFS isn't for me, and will never likely be (my bias tells me how making software gaming console compatible ultimately compromises things).  FSLabs provided me many, many hours of joy with the Airbus family and I am sure they will provide so many others with that joy in their focus on MSFS.  Take care FS Labs and best of luck to you. :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Stefan Blei

Sadly Parallel 42 announced the end of service for Chase Plane. No updates even for P3D V 5.4 and no support of P3D V6 anymore. EZCA is an option, but there are no information, if it will be updated to V6. The community ported the V5 version already to V6 without any issues so far.

Anyone here knows an alternative for those cameratools for V6?

Regards

Stefan

stephen speak
1 hour ago, Jeffry Babb said:

Sad day for me today as FS Labs has parted ways with the ESP lineage.  I got P3D v6 and I see that FSLabs won't be paying attention to this release.  Went ahead and removed the control center and everything.  Life is short and I understand that FSLabs probably need to pay bills and MSFS is the way that flight sim developers pay those bill.  MSFS isn't for me, and will never likely be (my bias tells me how making software gaming console compatible ultimately compromises things).  FSLabs provided me many, many hours of joy with the Airbus family and I am sure they will provide so many others with that joy in their focus on MSFS.  Take care FS Labs and best of luck to you. :)

us simmers need to pay our bills as well..and having to up sticks because certain developers are going for the cheaper to develop more profitable option doesn't pay our bills when we have to pay for another sim..probably the one you don't want..in all fairness to fslabs they said the road map is to possibly develop for v6 at some point in the future..i just hope as promised last year the concorde..A320 NEO series and A330 are released first for p3d..i have V5.4 and its working fine..msfs for me is a none starter as you can't do a home cockpit as it doesn't do multi monitor support and you can't remove the dash from the screen..so in my case i might as well buy a chocolate fireguard and place it in front of a roaring furnace for all its worth

steve

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Stefan Blei said:

Sadly Parallel 42 announced the end of service for Chase Plane. No updates even for P3D V 5.4 and no support of P3D V6 anymore. EZCA is an option, but there are no information, if it will be updated to V6. The community ported the V5 version already to V6 without any issues so far.

Anyone here knows an alternative for those cameratools for V6?

Regards

Stefan

There is an update for v5.4.

There was an extensive discussion on AvSim about CP working with v6. If Keven Menard is the developer as I think he is, this post gives you an insight into his attitude to all his customers hoping for an update. I’m sure the vast majority would have been happy to pay for the update given there can’t have been wholesale changes to the camera API.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/635659-parallel-42-chaseplane-dev-statement-on-p3d-v6/?do=findComment&comment=4984042

I intend staying with the perfectly satisfactory v5.4 unless he has a change of heart.

• Like 2
Steven Agre
10 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

msfs for me is a none starter as you can't do a home cockpit as it doesn't do multi monitor support and you can't remove the dash from the screen

Hate constantly having to do this... but you can do literally all of these things in MSFS. This guy has a full 737 home sim running FS2020: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rookie2008/submitted/

I think the only feature MSFS still doesn't have is historical weather, but that's because the weather engine is based on real-time satellite data as opposed to interpolating between METARs.

Not saying you have to switch to MSFS, but at least know that it's perfectly capable as a serious simulator, just with different strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
stephen speak
1 minute ago, Steven Agre said:

Hate constantly having to do this... but you can do literally all of these things in MSFS. This guy has a full 737 home sim running FS2020: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rookie2008/submitted/

I think the only feature MSFS still doesn't have is historical weather, but that's because the weather engine is based on real-time satellite data as opposed to interpolating between METARs.

Not saying you have to switch to MSFS, but at least know that it's perfectly capable as a serious simulator, just with different strengths and weaknesses.

Well I’ve heard and seen different..someone posted on Facebook yesterday I think that they can’t get rid of the dash on the screen..and was also trying to get 3 projectors to knit together without any success..someone said with 2020 it’s not possible unless another update sorts it and maybe 2024 might be better..everyone to their own I suppose but v5.4 works for me..would have liked v6 but not until FSLabs support it as a very expensive skalarki cockpit depends on it

Duncan MacKellar
12 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Well I’ve heard and seen different..someone posted on Facebook yesterday I think that they can’t get rid of the dash on the screen..and was also trying to get 3 projectors to knit together without any success..someone said with 2020 it’s not possible unless another update sorts it and maybe 2024 might be better..everyone to their own I suppose but v5.4 works for me..would have liked v6 but not until FSLabs support it as a very expensive skalarki cockpit depends on it

100% you can do multi monitor, and 3 - projector setups (I have set one up previously - and i had it looking perfectly seamless). You can also remove the dash (the in game on screen one if that’s what you refer to). 

• Like 6
stephen speak
1 minute ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

100% you can do multi monitor, and 3 - projector setups (I have set one up previously - and i had it looking perfectly seamless). You can also remove the dash (the in game on screen one if that’s what you refer to). 

Well that’s a revelation..someone was really panning it as complete garbage saying there’s no way you can do a home cockpit with this..it wasn’t FSLabs software..don’t think it was airbus tbh..but I think he was at the point of giving up 

Ray Proudfoot
4 hours ago, Steven Agre said:

I think the only feature MSFS still doesn't have is historical weather,

Has the problem of no cirrus been resolved?