P3D v6

Jack Kenov

Dave Taylor
On 6/25/2023 at 12:41 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Our customers who have since migrated to MSFS (a significant proportion) could equally put forward a similar argument. Our business decisions are not engineered around customer loyalty - they are built upon market research and ROI. Like it or not, the community base using P3D is reducing rapidly and this latest release from LM will not alter this trajectory.

I'm very sorry to read these words. I have been with P3D since it started and before that FSX and as far back as FS9 etc. I am rapidly approaching my 82nd birthday and reading this makes me feel that, I am on the scrap heap. 

I have actively promoted and reccomended your product including fighting the bad publicity that spreaded about the 'so-called' virus that blocked pirated access, to your products.

Now don't get me wrong, I tried the top version of MSFS and just didn't like it. It was akin to looking at Google earth, street views. 

Because it was built as a game, our 'Top Hat' control wasn't even recognised. I read that it still has essential effects missing and isn't even close to the reality P3D. I don't fly now as much as I used to because of the, (for me), opinions 

• Like 1
Craig Baillie

But unfortunately evolution is the eternal problem.

Platforms come and go, I’ve been on the go since FS95. I hate to think the amount of money I’ve spent buying the same thing for different versions :P!

Developers have to go where the customers are and, whether we like it or not, the bulk of the customers are with msfs now. One of the VA’s I’m with have seen a huge reduction in P3D use (over 80%).

On the topic of v6 - To me if you have a lot invested in P3Dv5 then I don’t really see what the point of v6 is. I have REX, Activesky & RealTurb so don’t see the need for atmospherics! That said if, down the line, things are easily ported & users say it’s worth it, then I might pay the $60 but it’s a slim if. Particularly with MSFS products on the horizon and 2024.

edit: Just want to add that this is not a dig at any sim. Just my read of the situation. I’ve got both and I see the merits of having both for the time being.

• Like 3
Duncan MacKellar
44 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

I'm very sorry to read these words. I have been with P3D since it started and before that FSX and as far back as FS9 etc. I am rapidly approaching my 82nd birthday and reading this makes me feel that, I am on the scrap heap. 

I have actively promoted and reccomended your product including fighting the bad publicity that spreaded about the 'so-called' virus that blocked pirated access, to your products.

Now don't get me wrong, I tried the top version of MSFS and just didn't like it. It was akin to looking at Google earth, street views. 

Because it was built as a game, our 'Top Hat' control wasn't even recognised. I read that it still has essential effects missing and isn't even close to the reality P3D. I don't fly now as much as I used to because of the, (for me), opinions 

There has been no announcement as to v6 plans from us. Regardless of any such announcement, P3Dv5 will remain as it is. Extremely usable. Scrap heap is certainly not the case @Dave Taylor

• Like 2
Stefan Nirschl

I also like the graphics of MSFS, especially the weather effects and clouds. But I recently reinstalled P3D and experienced the good old feeling of using a pure flight simulation. Starting quickly, no fancy layout menus, no tons and tons of options, no market place with 99% of non-complex or -detailled stuff to pay for. Just pure flight simulation with still the freedom to decide all time wheater i want to use new updates or not. Did a short leg in the fs labs bus and really enjoyed the mix of using (in my opinion) still the most immersive Airbus addon on the market combined with the advantages of a non-arcade simulation. MSFS is pure entertainment in every second with all it`s plus and minus. P3D is different and for me still has it`s advantages compared to MSFS, doesn`t matter if 9/10 flightsimmers only using MSFS these days. 

• Like 6
Richard Portier
1 hour ago, Allan RG Kidd said:

Have FSL announced if the new Concord will be available for P3Dv6?

Read two posts above...

Richard.

Allan RG Kidd
On 6/25/2023 at 11:01 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Appreciate that. I’m just setting expectations. We can discuss more openly after the 3rd.

• Like 1
stephen speak
2 hours ago, Allan RG Kidd said:

Have FSL announced if the new Concord will be available for P3Dv6?

They haven’t announced whether anything will be available for v6 yet..FSLabs are notoriously slow on announcing anything due to the fact everything has got to be more or less spot on before they announce or release anything 

• Like 2
Timm Rehberg
On 6/29/2023 at 4:50 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

We are maybe a little more fortunate than most since we get to play with a number of our own addons in MSFS :P 

In Germany we used to say "Angeber mag niemand" :P :D 

• Like 1
Pablo Prada
On 6/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, Ben Mathon said:

Here is a comparaison between P3D V5 and MSFS for the new A300B4 addon in development, let's see what V6 will allow the dev in term of modeling and texturing.

A300.jpg

To be honest, I don't see much difference. Maybe one is more used than another...

Duncan MacKellar
3 hours ago, stephen speak said:

They haven’t announced whether anything will be available for v6 yet..FSLabs are notoriously slow on announcing anything due to the fact everything has got to be more or less spot on before they announce or release anything 

Sorry for being notoriously Slow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
stephen speak
27 minutes ago, Andy Smith said:

Does this mean NEO's for P3D5 out of the window as well?

Just asking.

I wouldn’t have thought so..lefteris made the announcement last may that Concorde..NEO and A330 were being released on p3d first..that was obviously before the advent of v6..I just hope that rings true as it’s been a long time in development 

• Like 1
Anirbinna Roy
Does this mean NEO's for P3D5 out of the window as well?
Just asking.

Same question . Waiting for the NEOs !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christopher Bull

P3Dv6 remains a vital element in our long-term platform strategy, and we look forward to exploring its potential in due course.”

Finally some good news! Fully understand the need to get the MSFS stuff out the door, I hope some other top developers, A2A PMDG etc take the same view. 

• Like 1
Callum McLoughlin
15 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

The point is you aren’t still running FS9, are you? You have moved sim platforms and versions several times already. What’s new or controversial? Why you feel like you’re on the scrap heap I am not very sure.

FSLabs will continue - that is something we are all here for.

To quote an old Prime Minister and to apply those words to P3D’s downward trajectory: This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

• Like 1
Dan Cushing
4 hours ago, Pablo Prada said:

To be honest, I don't see much difference. Maybe one is more used than another...

Seriously...

The MSFS textures are so more detailed and in-depth it's unreal.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
Jose Rodrigues

I don't mind the priority being on MSFS as long as the promise of support for v6 in the future is kept. P3D v5.4, aside from the issue with antialiasing, is 'fine' for me.

Anirbinna Roy
I don't mind the priority being on MSFS as long as the promise of support for v6 in the future is kept. P3D v5.4, aside from the issue with antialiasing, is 'fine' for me.

Are you facing any issues with 5.4 ?? I am planning to update to 5.4 now that the problems with the buses are solved .. please let me know your experience 5.4

Thanks

Marc Fuolega
On 6/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, stephen speak said:

As it says on the header p3d v6..the other platform users hijacking this at weekend with the we want it and want it now attitude..like yours got it locked for a while..if you’ve nothing positive to say or want to discuss the other platform..open another thread 

I am an FSLabs customer just as you are. I have spent money on their products just like you have.

And I would like their products to be available on the platform I use (MSFS) just like you do (P3D). There is nothing that says your asking for continued development for P3D is any more relevant than me asking for them to release their products for MSFS.

I believe it is important for FSLabs to not only hear their P3D users but also hear from their customers who have abandoned P3D and who still would like to continue supporting FSLabs and their products.

The market for P3D has shrunk enormously, that is no secret. And I'm voicing my interests here just as you do.

• Like 6
Jose Rodrigues
1 hour ago, Anirbinna Roy said:

Are you facing any issues with 5.4 ?? I am planning to update to 5.4 now that the problems with the buses are solved .. please let me know your experience 5.4

I just don't like the antialiasing, which seems almost non-existent. I hope to find a solution someday, maybe with the future 4060Ti/4070 and SSAA.

I "tolerate" TrueSky and/or EA with VC off.

The rest works just fine.

Anirbinna Roy
I just don't like the antialiasing, which seems almost non-existent. I hope to find a solution someday, maybe with the future 4060Ti/4070 and SSAA.
I "tolerate" TrueSky and/or EA with VC off.
The rest works just fine.

So extremely jaggy edges as compared to 5.3?

stephen speak

5.4 on my system is pretty much spot on..smooth good graphics and if you’re a frame chaser a lot better on frame rates..apparently..my system is set to 30 fps as the human eye can’t see much beyond that so pointless stressing out your graphics card when there’s no need 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Trevor Hannant
2 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

5.4 on my system is pretty much spot on..smooth good graphics and if you’re a frame chaser a lot better on frame rates..apparently..my system is set to 30 fps as the human eye can’t see much beyond that so pointless stressing out your graphics card when there’s no need 

I updated my frame rate to 40fps but don't see the need to go beyond that for the reason above.  I know my card will handle way more but what's the point...

I've got one leg of a 777 Cargo "world tour" with a VA to complete (just shy of 34,000 miles) and P3D with the exception of one flight has been solid as the whole time.  

• Like 1
Anirbinna Roy

So you guys are suggesting that I should upgrade ? And performance better than 5.3, correct ??

stephen speak
Just now, Anirbinna Roy said:

So you guys are suggesting that I should upgrade ? And performance better than 5.3, correct ??

Well I seen a marked difference straight away..but you’ve got to realise every system is different..different settings..hardware etc..my system is built specifically for P3D by myself so I know it intimately..what works for me might not be the same for the next man..all in all though most of what I’ve seen have been positive 

• Like 1
Anirbinna Roy
2 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Well I seen a marked difference straight away..but you’ve got to realise every system is different..different settings..hardware etc..my system is built specifically for P3D by myself so I know it intimately..what works for me might not be the same for the next man..all in all though most of what I’ve seen have been positive 

I am using an i7-10870H with a RTX 3060..

Steven Agre
37 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

If I hear "The human eye can't see past 30fps" one more time... :lol:

The difference between 30fps and 60fps (and 120fps even) is so obvious that I can't believe people still say this.

• Like 3
stephen speak
15 minutes ago, Anirbinna Roy said:

I am using an i7-10870H with a RTX 3060..

Ryzen 5..3600x clocked to 4.2ghz..32gb ddr4..2666 ram..Nvidia gtx1080ti water cooled graphics card..Samsung 4tb ssd..Samsung 1tb ssd

stephen speak
7 minutes ago, Steven Agre said:

If I hear "The human eye can't see past 30fps" one more time... :lol:

The difference between 30fps and 60fps (and 120fps even) is so obvious that I can't believe people still say this.

Only quoting off an ophthalmic surgeon I know..now if you know better..please enlighten us..can’t wait for this one

On 6/29/2023 at 5:51 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

It would never work with any Airbus.

???!!! Why is it that my 14 GoFlight modules do work with Airbus planes via FSUIPC then (P3D and MSFS)?

Timm Rehberg
7 hours ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Sorry for being notoriously Slow. 

Time to switch onto a faster plane ;):P 
What about something with a Trent XWB engine? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Steven Agre
40 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Only quoting off an ophthalmic surgeon I know..now if you know better..please enlighten us..can’t wait for this one

Here's a browser test showing motion at 60fps, 30fps, and 15fps.

https://www.testufo.com/

It's a pretty obvious difference.

It's probably also worth pointing out that a camera recording at 30fps can *also* tell the difference between 30, 60, and 120fps - because the 1 or 2 extra frames will still appear, making motion visible the same way our eyes can use that information to gather extra information about motion.

Here's a simple diagram:

ScreenShot2023-07-04at13_34_16.png.195edcec19743efafad126917151889c.png

Hence, even if it is true that our eyes can only see in 30fps, there is still extra information about the direction of motion being presented to your brain at higher framerates. And again, anyone who has used a 120hz screen or been annoyed by the "Soap opera effect" can tell you, it's VERY noticeable.

• Like 6
Ray Proudfoot
19 minutes ago, Jean-Claude Bailly said:

???!!! Why is it that my 14 GoFlight modules do work with Airbus planes via FSUIPC then (P3D and MSFS)?

If you read my post again I was clearly referring to the MCP.

stephen speak
2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you read my post again I was clearly referring to the MCP.

Ray..have you noticed as well people only cherry pick what they want to see

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
13 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

Hard to say from a single incident.

• Like 1
Jens Baumeister
1 hour ago, stephen speak said:

Looking at this summary, current research seems to put the number at around 75 fps for processing the content of an individual frame, and that the general impression of smoothness of motion might even benefit from frame rates slightly higher than that. 

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, stephen speak said:

No need to be sarcastic Stephen, please stick to facts, I am willing to help if I can.

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I was clearly referring to the MCP.

Perhaps you can tell me what in the MCP is not working for you and I could confirm if I did find a solution or not. I don't mind a personal message as this is a P3D6 thread and we should remain on topic. 

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Jean-Claude Bailly said:

Perhaps you can tell me what in the MCP is not working for you and I could confirm if I did find a solution or not. I don't mind a personal message as this is a P3D6 thread and we should remain on topic. 

I don’t have any Airbus aircraft. The MCP is designed for Boeing and I use Pollypot software for a perfect mapping of all its buttons and switches to the PMDG737 NGXu. Thanks for the offer though.

Timm Rehberg
23 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t have any Airbus aircraft. The MCP is designed for Boeing and I use Pollypot software for a perfect mapping of all its buttons and switches to the PMDG737 NGXu. Thanks for the offer though.

Hi, my name is Timm Rehberg. I am not a official FSL marketing manager. May I present you a fantastic product line called "Airbus A32x by FSL"? It features not only most accurate airbus simulation but also fantastic immersive features such as airline packs for each airline, dynamic window shades and seamless integration with GSX. You should try! In case you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :D :D 

How dare you being not a Airbus customer :blink::ph34r::lol:

Oh and I forgot: you also get a huge list of forum badges to your profile. This not only shows how much money you've spent but it also boosts your ego tremendously! :D 

• Haha 5
Ray Proudfoot

Nice effort @Timm Rehberg:D

I notice you’re missing a badge too. Happy to fly at Mach 0.82 when Mach 2 is available? Pardon my boom as I overtake you at Mach 1.18. ;)

• Haha 5