An informed decision

Mike Monk

The FSLabs A3XX series of aircraft are extremely expensive so an informed decision needs to be made before one makes such an investment. Unfortunately this forum does not help any aspiring customer to make that informed decision.

Unlike other developers websites, where one can read through posts made by existing customers on the forum, it is not possible to learn anything on this FSLabs forum.

All the posts that I have read that seek assistance have been directed to support, and the support website, if there is one, denies access. So how do I know that possible issues have been resolved or whether there is an explanation as to why such an issue came about?

How therefore, can I make an informed decision whether to buy FSLab's A3XX series of aircraft?

I doubt very much that FSLabs will offer a refund if the product does not satisfy me.

FSLabs appears, rightly, to be very proud and confident with the quality of its product so why does it not offer a time limited trial for a prospective customer?

Regards

Mike

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Hello Mike,

thank you for posting your thoughts on this topic.

To make an informed decision on whether to buy our products, you can definitely visit the countless YouTube videos that our customers have recorded which show the fidelity of our A32X series. Also, you can visit several Twitch streamers' accounts who have streamed many of their experiences and showcased how close to reality our aircraft are simulated.

There are also countless other forums where customers have posted their thoughts - Google searches will reveal a few.

As long as your computer meets hardware specifications, you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!

2 hours ago, Mike Monk said:

The FSLabs A3XX series of aircraft are extremely expensive so an informed decision needs to be made before one makes such an investment. Unfortunately this forum does not help any aspiring customer to make that informed decision.

Unlike other developers websites, where one can read through posts made by existing customers on the forum, it is not possible to learn anything on this FSLabs forum.

All the posts that I have read that seek assistance have been directed to support, and the support website, if there is one, denies access. So how do I know that possible issues have been resolved or whether there is an explanation as to why such an issue came about?

How therefore, can I make an informed decision whether to buy FSLab's A3XX series of aircraft?

I doubt very much that FSLabs will offer a refund if the product does not satisfy me.

FSLabs appears, rightly, to be very proud and confident with the quality of its product so why does it not offer a time limited trial for a prospective customer?

Regards

Mike

Mike — if you have Discord there is an unofficial FSL server with plenty of people that can help answer your questions. You’re welcome to DM me if you like. I probably won’t know nearly as much as most, but I’m happy to point you in the right direction if I can. Also, I suspect that if you ask more questions here, others will chime in. 

• Like 1

Thanks Daniel, I do not have discord.

There are two issues that concern me which have been mentioned in conversations; one is regarding a comment about the A320 not acquiring the ILS cleanly and not running down the LOC in a straight line, it snakes left and right of the runway alignment, missing the runway at touchdown. No mention was made about whether it holds the GS. I have no further details on this. Whether the problem was a scenery issue or whether it was an issue with the a/c I am not able to say.

Another concern was that the aircraft was very difficult to steer on the ground. Apparently the nose wheel steering control is difficult to manipulate while watching where the aircraft is going. I have the Aerosoft A320 series on my FSX simulator and I do not have an issue with ground steering on that.

I don't know what sim these aircraft were operating on.

Mike

Norman Blackburn

Hi Mike

As you could imagine, if such issues were prevalent, you would read about them everywhere.    

A quick look at either YouTube or Twitch (both are free to view and I believe without need of registration) will show neither of these being an issue and hopefully give you more confidence to make that leap into the unknown. 

Norman Blackburn
5 minutes ago, Mike Monk said:

Thank you for your reply Norman. It does not, however, deny that there are such issues.

In the nicest possible way I can say this Mike, it matters not what I say as you could claim it to be a biased opinion. 

What I am showing you are experiences of real customers - ones of your choosing.

Anirbinna Roy
Thanks Daniel, I do not have discord.
There are two issues that concern me which have been mentioned in conversations; one is regarding a comment about the A320 not acquiring the ILS cleanly and not running down the LOC in a straight line, it snakes left and right of the runway alignment, missing the runway at touchdown. No mention was made about whether it holds the GS. I have no further details on this. Whether the problem was a scenery issue or whether it was an issue with the a/c I am not able to say.
Another concern was that the aircraft was very difficult to steer on the ground. Apparently the nose wheel steering control is difficult to manipulate while watching where the aircraft is going. I have the Aerosoft A320 series on my FSX simulator and I do not have an issue with ground steering on that.
I don't know what sim these aircraft were operating on.
Mike

I am flying the FSL 320 for the last 7 years … Trust me you won’t be disappointed . As far as the aircraft going left and right during final is concerned , it is a result of duplicate scenery in p3d . FSL has nothing to do with it . It happened to me once at KJFK when I was flying the QW787 … You just need to exclude the default scenery so that there are not multiple localisers . Also you can update MAGVAR data of p3d(dm me I’ll tell you how ) and it’ll solve most of the ILS problems …

Trust me FSL really delivers what they promise .. except things a bit longer to come out .. but at the end it’s worth it … 320 series of product from FSL is fully complete so you don’t have to worry about anything .. If you run into any issues just put it into the forum and we’ll be happy to help you out ..

Regards
Anirbinna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
32 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

In the nicest possible way I can say this Mike, it matters not what I say as you could claim it to be a biased opinion. 

What I am showing you are experiences of real customers - ones of your choosing.

Why would I say it is a biased opinion? I am seeking guidance, nothing else.

What has impressed me is the support that my query has received from users....

The mere fact that you are not prepared to discount my concerns suggests that they might be well founded!

Mike

Søren Dissing
1 hour ago, Mike Monk said:

There are two issues that concern me which have been mentioned in conversations;

Conversations with who?

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Mike Monk said:

What has impressed me is the support that my query has received from users....

Which is what we prefer.  Customer voices should - and do - speak much more than we as a team can ever do.

3 minutes ago, Mike Monk said:

The mere fact that you are not prepared to discount my concerns suggests that they might be well founded!

Concerns that are clearly shown as being unfounded.  One thing to bear in mind is your choice of sim.

If you are buying for FSX please bare in mind that this product has not recieved any updated for quite a few years nor will it as it reached - and often exceed the limits possible within a 32bit environment.If you were to take a singular piece of advice away today, it is to buy the P3D version.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Which is what we prefer.  Customer voices should - and do - speak much more than we as a team can ever do.

Concerns that are clearly shown as being unfounded.  One thing to bear in mind is your choice of sim.

If you are buying for FSX please bare in mind that this product has not recieved any updated for quite a few years nor will it as it reached - and often exceed the limits possible within a 32bit environment.If you were to take a singular piece of advice away today, it is to buy the P3D version.

I now have P3Dv4.5.

I have a couple of heavies and would like something smaller. The 737 is an option that I am also considering.

Mike

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Mike Monk said:

I have a couple of heavies and would like something smaller. The 737 is an option that I am also considering.

Both aircraft are great and in general do similar things.  It's really up to you as to which direction you take. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike Monk said:

I now have P3Dv4.5.

Mike

Mike — I have the PMDG 737 and the iFly 737. In my opinion, the FSL A32x is a far more complete package for the price. Moreover, FSL is still supporting its P3D products. PMDG has abandoned its P3D line of products. 

If you want, arguably, one of the best A320 out there, FSL is the way to go. 

To see the FSL A32x in action, I highly recommend Blackbox711's YouTube and Twitch channels.  Here's an example: 

• Like 1

OP, do you currently use or plan to move to MSFS in the future? If so, it's hard to recommend buying FSL right now. To be honest, I can't imagine dropping this much money on P3D these days in any case but if you're sticking with it, go ahead and move forward with buying into FSL. Just know that they're supposedly also planning to release the NEO for P3D but that was a year+ ago when they last said that so who knows what's actually happening. 

• Like 1

I am a long term customer of FSL and keep this short am very happy with their creations and i can say their after sales support has been superb. I would love to see them enter the V6 platform but that is to be a corporate decision of their's.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2023 at 11:44 AM, Daniel Jaffe said:

Mike — if you have Discord there is an unofficial FSL server with plenty of people that can help answer your questions. You’re welcome to DM me if you like. I probably won’t know nearly as much as most, but I’m happy to point you in the right direction if I can. Also, I suspect that if you ask more questions here, others will chime in. 

can you give me the link or send me an invite to the discord server..user name stevespeak.. cheers

steve

Michael Petersen

FSLA32X series combined with P3D5.4 is the best simulation i ever had and i have pretty much tried the most.

So you are in for a treat. I have a custom steering tiller and everything is amazing. Never seen ILS issues related to the bus.

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

@Mike Monk..i have had fslabs since FSX..this simulation is the best i have ever had..and getting better..with the NEO's coming along sooner or later..P3D v5.4 really does the immersion..with GSX levels 1&2..activesky p3d this thing rocks..and no i'm neither a salesman or developer i have a part skalarki cockpit that really helps with the immersion..there's loads of liveries you can download for free..it never ends..just make sure you're system is up to spec and you won't have any problems..the ils problems you heard about were probably someone with an under par system that was stuttering and not keeping up

good luck with your decision

steve

• Thanks 1
Ahmed Ahzaam Mohamed 1836
46 minutes ago, stephen speak said:

@Mike Monk..i have had fslabs since FSX..this simulation is the best i have ever had..and getting better..with the NEO's coming along sooner or later..P3D v5.4 really does the immersion..with GSX levels 1&2..activesky p3d this thing rocks..and no i'm neither a salesman or developer i have a part skalarki cockpit that really helps with the immersion..there's loads of liveries you can download for free..it never ends..just make sure you're system is up to spec and you won't have any problems..the ils problems you heard about were probably someone with an under par system that was stuttering and not keeping up

good luck with your decision

steve

I only stick to P3Dv4.5 HF3.

25 minutes ago, Ahmed Ahzaam Mohamed 1836 said:

I only stick to P3Dv4.5 HF3.

Nothing wrong with that..everyone to their own..if it works for you it works..enjoy 

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Dave Taylor
On 9/7/2023 at 9:55 AM, Anirbinna Roy said:

I am flying the FSL 320 for the last 7 years … Trust me you won’t be disappointed . As far as the aircraft going left and right during final is concerned , it is a result of duplicate scenery in p3d . FSL has nothing to do with it . It happened to me once at KJFK when I was flying the QW787 … You just need to exclude the default scenery so that there are not multiple localisers . Also you can update MAGVAR data of p3d(dm me I’ll tell you how ) and it’ll solve most of the ILS problems …

Trust me FSL really delivers what they promise .. except things a bit longer to come out .. but at the end it’s worth it … 320 series of product from FSL is fully complete so you don’t have to worry about anything .. If you run into any issues just put it into the forum and we’ll be happy to help you out ..

Regards
Anirbinna

How DO you get rid of default scenery, please?

Anirbinna Roy
How DO you get rid of default scenery, please?

You can use ADE to exclude the default scenery and then compile that into .BGL file .

Follow this video

Regards

• Thanks 1
Dave Taylor
On 4/6/2024 at 5:44 AM, Anirbinna Roy said:

You can use ADE to exclude the default scenery and then compile that into .BGL file .

Follow this video

Thankyou.

Regards