TCA Thrustmaster, is it worth it?

Phil Tereny

Tom van der Elst

The downsides are the relative small travel when using the throttles for manual thrust

( but on this forum is a thread with a mod for the throttle by Holger Teutsch which I have too and is excellent)

and while the stick is pretty sturdy in feel the throttles feels somewhat more flimsy.

It is no Vier Im Pott or Skalarki stuff.

All in all I am very happy with it though.

I might even get the flaps/parkingbrake addition.

For tips on the stick installation and operation check here :

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Tom van der Elst said:

The downsides are the relative small travel when using the throttles for manual thrust

( but on this forum is a thread with a mod for the throttle by Holger Teutsch which I have too and is excellent)

and while the stick is pretty sturdy in feel the throttles feels somewhat more flimsy.

It is no Vier Im Pott or Skalarki stuff.

All in all I am very happy with it though.

I might even get the flaps/parkingbrake addition.

For tips on the stick installation and operation check here :

Agreed! I am super happy with the purchase since I only fly a couple of days a week, for that the feeling is definitely there. Of course not like the real thing (not a real life Airbus pilot here) but for the desktop, perfectly fine. I also have the mod for the throttle which makes the throttle set feel much more sturdy if that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

I only own the stick and I like it! I am not a real life pilot but, for the first time, I enjoy hand flying the bus up to FL100 without problem. I also use it to fly gliders in Condor 2, very pleasant!