Chase Plane Cabin Views.

Anatoly Briskin

Anatoly Briskin

So after three days of up and down searching I still cannot find an answer to my issue.  I am attempting to set up some cabin camera views in 320 using Chase Plane.  An no matter how I move the camera around it is clipping thru.  I.e. I get parts of the otside bleeding over parts of inside and parts of inside bleeding over each other.  Any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Would love to have myself a nice window seat for longer hauls over orbx areas. Thank you.  

353974825_2021-07-1509_31_38-LockheedMartinPrepar3Dv5withWideServer_waitingforclients.thumb.png.6cb5da91478e7b23d8ed042eb0d99f1d.png

Stu Antonio

I'm afraid this can't be avoided.

The "cabin"-view is essentially just an external view with the camera inside the model. This is not comparable with internal camera views.
I brought this up three years ago in this forum as well (screenshots not available anymore), there are suggestions to try to improve the effect with the clipping override in the camera.cfg, but it won't solve the problem completely.

See this thread for more info.

Anatoly Briskin

Yikes this kind of stinks. Guess modeling in P3D is different from XP where you have much thicker walls and actually have to go thru them to no clip thru.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cabin modeled then. 

Stu Antonio
19 minutes ago, Anatoly Briskin said:

Yikes this kind of stinks. Guess modeling in P3D is different from XP where you have much thicker walls and actually have to go thru them to no clip thru.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cabin modeled then. 

While there are highly detailed cabins (internal views) in for example in Carenado aircraft and others, I guess it would simply be to heavy on performance to model a complete cabin for the FSLabs. A sophisticated cabin most certainly isn't the biggest selling point here. 

Anatoly Briskin
45 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

While there are highly detailed cabins (internal views) in for example in Carenado aircraft and others, I guess it would simply be to heavy on performance to model a complete cabin for the FSLabs. A sophisticated cabin most certainly isn't the biggest selling point here. 

I know it's a very minor inconvenience.  I was just going thru a bit of an OCD moment trying to match up my experience between two sims. Same airports, same scenery, same keyboard and joystick shortcuts, same views :).