Airbus A321X Technical Specifications (MTOW, TCAP)

Alexander Polcher

Alexander Polcher

Good Evening,

As I am already preparing configuration files for simbrief and obviously waiting kindly for the release of the A321X, I am curious about which versions will come along.

I am planning to introduce this aircraft with flights from Helsinki (EFHK) to Gran Canaria (GCLP) (Finnair) and I found Simbrief already struggling to calculate these flights. Therefore I am currently asking for information's about the expected MTOW and max. Tankcapacity (TCAP).

It would be great to get these details in advance! Thanks so far,

Alexander

Arto E.P. Karhu
14 hours ago, Alexander Polcher said:

I am planning to introduce this aircraft with flights from Helsinki (EFHK) to Gran Canaria (GCLP) (Finnair) and I found Simbrief already struggling to calculate these flights. Therefore I am currently asking for information's about the expected MTOW and max. Tankcapacity (TCAP).

In reality, for that route, Finnair uses only some of their A321ies (LZG thru LZL I think remembering), which specifically are equipped with Sharklets and two ACTs (extra fuel tanks in the rear hold).

20 minutes ago, Arto E.P. Karhu said:

In reality, for that route, Finnair uses only some of their A321ies (LZG thru LZL I think remembering), which specifically are equipped with Sharklets and two ACTs (extra fuel tanks in the rear hold).

Yeah from LZG the ones are the A321-231 and use the IAE. The older ones use the CFMI engines.

Arto E.P. Karhu
2 hours ago, koen meier said:

Yeah from LZG the ones are the A321-231 and use the IAE. The older ones use the CFMI engines.

Yep. I don't remember though which all were ACT-equipped. First several ones starting from ZG are for sure, I think at least up to the ZL.

Alexander Polcher

Good evening,

thanks for all your answer's.

I could already check out that Finnair uses their A321-231 with IAE engines and equipped with Sharklets on these kind of extended routings.

However, I don't have information in regards which aircraft is equipped with the ACT STC. Nevertheless, I neither found information's about the max. TCAP of the A321-231.

Best Regards,

Alex

You can actually find a lot of technical specifications on the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) of EASA. It notes all the weight informations and fuel capacities.

Alexander Polcher

You are right in regards of the MTOW, which I could already verifiy.

But the max. TCAP is usually stated in the Operator's OM-B Volume I / II which is originally located in the FCOM / AFM.