A319 Max Weight Issue

JoeFremont

I run a website called FSAirlines.net which is a platform for running virtual airlines.  I have had several of our users using your A319 report that our client was not allowing them to use it.  I think I tracked it down to the max_gross_weight property in the aircraft.cfg file.  Our client program uses the weight to determine if the pilot is actually using the correct aircraft, if the aircraft is too light they are likely trying to cheat by using a smaller aircraft that will use less fuel.   In the data I saw the aircraft.cfg file had this value

[weight_and_balance]
max_gross_weight = 125663.49

Which equates to 57000kg.  According to the airbus specifications the MTOW of the A319 should be between 64000kg (141,096 lb) and 75000kg (166,449 lb).  The max_gross_weight value found seams more like MZFW and is actually less than the specified max landing weight.

Would there be any downside to advising our users to increase the max_gross_weight to a more accurate number?  Could FSLabs in a future update to this product to have the correct max weight in a future update?

This is not the only property we use to determine if they pilot is using the correct aircraft but in this case it is the one our client stumbled on.

The airbus specs we used can be found here https://www.airbus.com/content/dam/corporate-topics/publications/backgrounders/techdata/aircraft_characteristics/Airbus-Commercial-Aircraft-AC-A319.pdf

Thanks in advance,

Joe Fremont

Markus Burkhard

Joe,

the entry specified is not correct. The repaint should contain the following 4 weight entries:

empty_operating_weight=
max_zero_fuel_weight=
max_takeoff_weight=
max_landing_weight=

This was done to be able to simulate ANY of the certified weights out there. So you may use an MTOW of up to 75500kg or the equivalent in lbs.
If these entries get deleted, default values will be added automatically the next time the simulation is run.

If you discover that the painter has made an error in these values, please let them know directly so they can update the repaint.
16 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Joe,

the entry specified is not correct. The repaint should contain the following 4 weight entries:

empty_operating_weight=
max_zero_fuel_weight=
max_takeoff_weight=
max_landing_weight=

This was done to be able to simulate ANY of the certified weights out there. So you may use an MTOW of up to 75500kg or the equivalent in lbs.
If these entries get deleted, default values will be added automatically the next time the simulation is run.

If you discover that the painter has made an error in these values, please let them know directly so they can update the repaint.

Markus, thanks for your reply, I will pass the information on to our pilots.