Misbehaving at low fps.?

Jlund

I have always said I don't want to pay as much as FSlabs and PMDG's are charging for their products, but after getting sick and tired of the support and the performance of Aerosofts airbusses, I' m almost ready to get the FSL A320 instead. So a question for you who have been flying the FSL bus for a while now, Is it misbehaving in cruise if the fps gets under a certain number?. The AS one starts jumping up and down and is almost unable to recover again, and the AS dev team says that if fps gets under 15  to 20 it will do this. I've never heard such a lame excuse before, If it can't update systems etc at low fps, surely they must be able to freeze the sim for a couple of seconds, till it catches up again, instead of it being uncontrollable. 

Have you ever experience anything similar with the FSL busses?

BTW. Do I need to buy the A319 to get the A320 (I hope not)?

Regards Jlund

7 minutes ago, Jlund said:

I have always said I don't want to pay as much as FSlabs and PMDG's are charging for their products, but after getting sick and tired of the support and the performance of Aerosofts airbusses, I' m almost ready to get the FSL A320 instead. So a question for you who have been flying the FSL bus for a while now, Is it misbehaving in cruise if the fps gets under a certain number?. The AS one starts jumping up and down and is almost unable to recover again, and the AS dev team says that if fps gets under 15  to 20 it will do this. I've never heard such a lame excuse before, If it can't update systems etc at low fps, surely they must be able to freeze the sim for a couple of seconds, till it catches up again, instead of it being uncontrollable. 

Have you ever experience anything similar with the FSL busses?

BTW. Do I need to buy the A319 to get the A320 (I hope not)?

Regards Jlund

You need to have the a320 as that functions as the base package. Look at the system requents but overall 30fps is a minimum for stable performance imo.

There have been reports of erratic behavior in low fps situations. If your system does not meet the requirements I would say don't expect to much. Maybe better don't buy at all. 

Matthieu Crouzet

Hello,

Personally no problem with Fslabs, below my config if it helps.

I7 4790K with HT on Off, GTX970 with resolution in 1980x1080 blocked at 30fps, RAM 16G, Windows 10 and zero antivirus etc ...

Turns with AS16 + Orbx Ftx global pack and Orbx + Rex4 + GSX libraries.

For info if you have Fps problems with Aerosoft attention Fslabs requires a lot of resources to see more ...

And the A319 and the A320 from FSLABS THIS IS HAPPINESS ;-)

cordially

===

Google translated

Hello,

Personally no problem with Fslabs, below my config if it helps.

I7 4790K with HT on Off, GTX970 with resolution in 1980x1080 blocked at 30fps, RAM 16G, Windows 10 and zero antivirus etc ...

Turns with AS16 + Orbx Ftx global pack and Orbx + Rex4 + GSX libraries.

For info if you have Fps problems with Aerosoft attention Fslabs requires a lot of resources to see more ...

And the A319 and the A320 from FSLABS THIS IS HAPPINESS ;-)

cordially

My PC is  an I7 4790K with GTX970  16GB DDR, running at 2560x1440, Wn 10, P3Dv4.3

I Besides the AS busses, I only have the QW787 which runs fine. I must admit I NEVER (honest) check the fps, so whether my AS A320 has been under 15-20, I don't know. As long as my sim runs smoothly without stutters, freezing etc, I really don't care if the fps is 10 or 100. If it's not smooth, I know it's time to adjust my P3D settings.

Nils Unger wrote "There have been reports of erratic behavior in low fps situations. If your system does not meet the requirements I would say don't expect to much."  Does that mean it needs a min. fps to run or there might be the same behavior as the AS ones?

Jlund

I have a pretty old trusty 2600K processor along with the 1080 and run the A320/A319 pretty well at 2560x1440. The only area where your 970 might lack horsepower is dynamic lighting, although a lot depends on the rest of the addons you are using and your overall settings.

What might happen in a low fps situation is to have your autopilot disconnect and have to re-engage it. Or have the autobrake mode dis-selected during an approach and have to re-select it. These are the only two issues I have encountered when approaching a heavy addon airport and my sim freezes for a couple of seconds while loading it.

2 hours ago, Mike Ionas said:

The only area where your 970 might lack horsepower is dynamic lighting, although a lot depends on the rest of the addons you are using and your overall settings.

Your hardware is slightly better than mine. You should have no problems running the add-on, I never had. I can maintain 30 fps except in heavy dynamic light situations. What Mike said...

I wonder why you have problems with the aerosoft bus with your setup??? Do you have very high settings in the sim or lots of visual goodies like AI and such?

Yes, I DO have a lot of AI traffic, so that might have something to do with it, but I still find it funny that I haven't heard of users of FSlabs and PMDG, complaining about erratic behavior if the fps drops. And the fact that AS won't listen to customers that suggest that MAYBE there's something wrong with it, and do something to fix it.

After an install of a M.2 ssd, I'm in the process of reinstalling P3D and FTX Global, Vector and LC_Europe, and then give AS another try on a "clean" P3D. If it still have the same behavior I'll probably buy the FSLabs, allthough the price is waaayyy over what I normally will pay for an addon.