Extremely quiet?

Steve Browne

Norman Blackburn

Gents

We appreciate any and all enthusiasm for our products but the honest answer is right now there is nothing more to tell you than our last statement and roadmap

When this changes of course we will make announcements.  

Thanks.

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic
  • Andrew Wilson unlocked this topic
David Norfolk
14 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Just to add - we are quiet, but that is because lot of work is going into Concorde at the moment. 

Is development going well so far?

Ray Proudfoot

The last Concorde update was in June in the Announcement section. Whilst not demanding weekly updates it would be appreciated if some indication of how much progress has been made and how much remains were given.

I am planning on buying a new computer and probably a UHD TV to show Concorde off to its best but won’t commit to any purchase until Concorde 64-bit is either released or goes into beta so I know it’s definitely happening.

With the cessation of CPS-X development some indication of whether that will be compatible would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
Steve Browne
On 8/13/2018 at 7:48 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Just to add - we are quiet, but that is because lot of work is going into Concorde at the moment. 

....Really?  Omg I forgot about that post, soooooo long ago..come on fsimlabs, starting to mimic stories of vapour ware

I do not understand the continuous silence , what are you trying to achieve from this?  :rolleyes:

Lars Hajema
8 minutes ago, Steve Browne said:

what are you trying to achieve from this?

Getting work done instead of answering the questions here on the forum ;) Just remember the more time Andrew and the rest have to put into answering the forum question the les time they have to develop the Concorde for V4

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Konstantin Didushok
5 hours ago, Lars Hajema said:

Getting work done instead of answering the questions here on the forum ;) Just remember the more time Andrew and the rest have to put into answering the forum question the les time they have to develop the Concorde for V4

Good point. The Concorde-X forum is literally bursting from user questions regarding a 64-bit version, taking months of time to answer these questions by the developers. So go ahead guys and don't post any more questions - that way, we may get a new Concorde quicker on the table ;)

On 8/13/2018 at 11:48 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

I never got to fly it, can’t wait to buy it!  Good news!

Ray Proudfoot
8 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Good point. The Concorde-X forum is literally bursting from user questions regarding a 64-bit version, taking months of time to answer these questions by the developers. So go ahead guys and don't post any more questions - that way, we may get a new Concorde quicker on the table ;)

I don't think any sensible person would expect a weekly progress report but one every 6 months via the Announcement section - not replying to posts - would be helpful. I was more vocal than most because I'd heard from a source that there was some doubt as to whether a 64-bit version was going to be released.

Let us remember this is not a new version. Although I'm not a C++ programmer I would imagine a fair bit of 32-bit code could be used so development time should be far less than the original.

All I wanted was confirmation the project was still active. Andrew and Lefteris have said work continues so I'll take them at their word.

• Like 1
Steve Prowse

I would like to think that Konstantin’s post is very much tongue in cheek (sarcasm).....FSL have said they are working on all the projects that they have already announced.  So, as Ray said, we will have to wait and see.  What I actually think....well.....nah doesn’t matter, I’ll wait....

• 2 months later...
Steve Browne

Surely if your in the business of being a software developer , that has always run along side customer communication within their forums. I do sense something a little odd, ......as mentioned, only takes seconds to put one general post out, to "defuse" all inquisitve  folk.

Ray Proudfoot
5 hours ago, Steve Browne said:

Surely if your in the business of being a software developer , that has always run along side customer communication within their forums. I do sense something a little odd, ......as mentioned, only takes seconds to put one general post out, to "defuse" all inquisitve  folk.

Don’t hold your breath.