Would this Laptop work?

Caleb123

I'm searching for a cheap laptop for school and P3D/FSX. Does anyone have any ideas on the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop? 

Here's the Link:

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/cai157w10p7s514?cid=312465006&st=&VEN1=suLALPqQm,256709990530,901pdb6671,m,&VEN2=,&lid=59673390020&dgc=st&dgseg=dhs&acd=1230923830920560&VEN3=236404330999980463 

My goal is to run the graphical ALMOST maxed out around 30-40fps and the building, trees, etc. at medium settings... would this work? Thank you!

Markus Burkhard

Hi,

please use your real name as user name in this forum, thanks!

Am I right in assuming that you want almost maxed out sliders in P3D, AND complex airliner add-ons with that? I'm afraid you can't do that on a 1000$ notebook PC. With the linked notebook you'd probably be unable to use dynamic lighting, since the video card only has 4GB of memory. 8GB of RAM is on the low side as well, you'd need at least 16GB to enjoy flight simulation with todays standards.
And unfortunately the CPU is on the slow side as well. 

More RAM is the most important thing. It might work with the other issues mentnioned, but you may not be able to have almost maxed out sliders I'm afraid.

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
11 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Hi,

please use your real name as user name in this forum, thanks!

Am I right in assuming that you want almost maxed out sliders in P3D, AND complex airliner add-ons with that? I'm afraid you can't do that on a 1000$ notebook PC. With the linked notebook you'd probably be unable to use dynamic lighting, since the video card only has 4GB of memory. 8GB of RAM is on the low side as well, you'd need at least 16GB to enjoy flight simulation with todays standards.
And unfortunately the CPU is on the slow side as well. 

More RAM is the most important thing. It might work with the other issues mentnioned, but you may not be able to have almost maxed out sliders I'm afraid.

While i agree with mostly everything you said there, i have to point out that i have a 4GB video card and i can use dynamic lighting in the airbus just fine in a complex airport like mineapolis.

Jude Bradley

You cannot overclock a laptop either 3.5 Ghz is on the very low side for Prepar3D. You need an overclock such as Juan has. and about over 16GB RAM. 

Markus Burkhard
12 hours ago, J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S said:

While i agree with mostly everything you said there, i have to point out that i have a 4GB video card and i can use dynamic lighting in the airbus just fine in a complex airport like mineapolis.

But the OP is looking for an almost maxed out sliders config. I'd fear that maxing out sliders AND add dyn. lighting on top of that with a 4GB card will eventually just be too much for a mobile system.

• Like 1
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
27 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

But the OP is looking for an almost maxed out sliders config. I'd fear that maxing out sliders AND add dyn. lighting on top of that with a 4GB card will eventually just be too much for a mobile system.

You're right. I do enjoy DL but i have balanced settings.