What would you like to have?

Daniel Reber

What would you like flightsimlabs to do after they´ve finished the A321 and A319  

199 members have voted

1. 1. So come on. What would you like to see. I´m very interested:)

• Airbus A318
    • Airbus A340 (-300/-500/-600)
    • Airbus A330 (-200/-300)
    • Airbus A380
    • Airbus A350 XWB

3 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

Yes I always say that, too. But even if. The A330 is still my second favorite plane. nly A340 can beat her.

Simply more than only pure elegance: 

There is no more beautiful plane than this massive big bird. Love her:wub:

Simply look at those pictures and you should be able to know why I do.

Yeah, sure I can see how some people might like A340 more, but to me it looks kinda "oversized" and too much "elongated", I'm strange that way, cuz I don't like for instance 747(two floored fuselage is not my cup of coffee) and 777 from a known developer solely because of the size of the birds.

There's only one exception to that rule, the magnificent IL-96(and then again, only its first modification, without artificial elongation):

Картинки по запросу il-96

Todd Harrell
17 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

@twharrelloh no. I don´t think that there will be a Concorde v2. There wouldn´t be many orders. I think many of us weren´t able to navigate trough the cockpit of a concorde simply because the old systems. I will never be able to fly a Concorde. I don´t know where you have to look at to make sure that the plane follows the route and so on and so on.

Well, you are probably right that it wouldn't get as much interest as the Airbus series, but that is nothing new. The newest and shiniest will always sell better.  As for Concorde having old systems, well that's what makes it challenging and fun for those who are passionate about it.  Navigation requires more work and attention for sure, but that's why it's enjoyable. You actually do have to navigate and fly. The INS is a very capable navigation system as long as you stay on top of it. And as for how you know the plane follows the route, well you do it the way all pilots did it back then - you use a map.  No magenta line. If that isn't challenging enough, you can add the duties of the flight engineer. It's not for everyone, but it's a kick in the pants for those of us who enjoy it. Flying from Heathrow to Dulles at Mach 2, in under 4 hours, is still pretty sweet.

17 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

FSLabs spent so much time doing the A320 and that´s definitely not the right way. Well, the next step after A320 family would be A330 and A340 family. There is so much interest on these planes. No doubt. If FSLabs announces the A330 and I would open a new poll, I´m quite sure, the most of all, voted for the A330 in this poll will vote for the A340 in the next one. And I know that that´s not only little differences between A330 and A340 BUT... There is more difference between A320 and A321 as it is between A320 and A319 so it´s wise that FSLabs makes the A319 next and the A321 afterwards. There is also a very very big difference between A320 family and A380/A350. So A330 and A340 would be wise. There are much more differences between A330 and A380/A350 that between A330 and A340. If they do a A330 and A380/A350 afterwards we would have a very very long development time between A330 and A380/A350. AND: Imagine the costs without A330 and A340. A A350 would cost over 280 Dollars surely. 

FSLabs is a quite new development team. I mean. Concorde X and A320X. They simply don´t have so much experience. A A380/A350 would be too much at the time (realistic thinking). We can´t expect a A380/A350 within the same simulation level as the A320. A330 and A340 are a nice step in between and I think they should go this step. They should do them to get over the "bridge"

Jumping over the water would be quite risky. 

Between Concorde and the A320, FSLabs has captured a unique market. Sometimes it's best to be great at only a few things.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted for the elegant a340 even though i'm pretty sure there's little chance fslabs will make it, that is because its a plane that is being phased out owing to its uneconomical fuel consumption and due to the fact that we are living the twin engine generation, paving the way for more etops certified aircrafts. i've been analysing customer behavior and most are dissing the a340, i was really hoping for aerosoft to do the a340, thought they were gonna escalate their a330 project to a340 but they officially said there won't be any a340. I don't understand where the hates coming from since a340 has good safety record and still preferred on long routes by some companies, agree those cfm aren't powerful but its still a very comfortable plane to travel with. I also want to point out that fslabs is not really customer affected when it comes to release, they will release what they are good at but i concur it would be logical to go for the a330 since a330 and a320 despite their differences have great things in common, without undermining their effort, there won't be too much coding involved i think. That said, would love to see a340-300 coming as an expansion to the a330 too.

17390774_1020380421439972_2094785997872847829_o.jpg

• Like 1
Daniel Reber

Thanks @dharyn. Very nice to have somebody new voted for the A340. Would prefer to have a complete alone standing A340 addon because of the three different active A340 versions.

• Like 2
Dean Johnston
15 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Thanks @dharyn. Very nice to have somebody new voted for the A340. Would prefer to have a complete alone standing A340 addon because of the three different active A340 versions.

same applies for the a330

• Like 1
Nuno M Pinto
On 3/5/2017 at 5:12 PM, Daniel Reber said:

Haha. What about A321. Aren´t you interested in that beauty?

Too big, ugly.

Then the A330, if they ever make one, that's one awesome aircraft. Asking for a 340 would be too much.

Dean Johnston
7 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Why too much?

Best thing would be A330 base pack with a A340 expansion pack in my opinion as the A340 shares Identical Systems with A330 for the most part without stating the obvious 

• Like 1

Hi Folks

Rather than thinking wayyyyyy ahead of yourselves , I would rather see the Small and big bug fixes, as well as the  Secondary flight plan come out  for the A320X first.

Tidy Up the loose ends on this project so well that the new projects can get all the attention they deserve.

That is my priority, then they can put out any other Airbus product.

We need a Secondary flight plan and things fixed first.. Way ahead of yourself in this one..

Speaking of new fixes, and I know they are working on an SP etc etc ...but when are we going to see that come our Way Lefteri??

Is anyone thinking the same ? or I'm the only one???

Patiently awaiting news abt SP1 and Fixes!!!!!

Thanks

• Like 3
Daniel Reber

@A320cptain, yes that´s right. But the topic is about: What would you LIKE to see developed by FSLabs after finishing of the A320 family.

Of course things have to be fixed, but thats definitely no new product.

@DeanJohnston2717, right, too. But it really has to be a big expansion pack because it has to include several extensions for the A340 itself.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:09 AM, DeanJohnston2717 said:

As FSL already have a BaseLine for the Airbus it would be wise to now do the A330/340 now....  many of us would rather see these developed by you than you's bring out the A320 NEO

Agree ....and i believe that if FSL team start building a330 or 340,wouldn't take them 6 years to come up with the product, since the team now is more capable and more familiar with airbus, i mean they have more experience than ever.. I guess.. 

Regards to all. 

• Like 1

Why the a330? Aerosoft is developing it!!! And the a340 (awesome aircraft I agree) is going to die, infact all airlines with some a340 in their fleets are purchasing new 777 or a350 to replace it. I would absolutely prefer to see a next generation aircraft like a380. Just to have a little change ;)

This is only my opinion. I don't want to offend anybody with this message. But an FSLAB a380 would be amazing!!!

• 2 months later...
Arto E.P. Karhu

With A350 and A380, it is a real-life consideration as well that they are in many respects "non-conventional". Their system architecture departs quite a bit from earlier airplanes, in particular in hydraulic and electrical systems - and in systems interconnection and interfacing. If one sees behind the FBW, which tends to grab much of attention when speaking of A320-series, the airplane is actually quite conventional, with very little fancy in it in comparison to the other few computerized designs of roughly 1990ies. A330/A340 as well compares with the era, being relatively straightforward in design, perhaps slightly under-built in structures, but otherwise a solid good airplane from technical point of view. When these started to replace MD-11s in passenger service here, some folks have quoted that they didn't actually bring much new to learn, albeit obviously being much different, and in areas being actually more straightforward and of common sense than their predecessors.

In case of A350, one often hears that "too much is attempted" in its design, and everything is built too lightly and all the interconnected systems make it a troubleshooting nightmare. (And that it attracts lightnings while withstanding them poorly and so on and so on.) Of course, we grow into it, and the plane evolves as well. But in comparison, I'd say the step from A300 to A330 (or to A320) is smaller than from the A330 to A350.

-Esa

Ray Proudfoot
On 18/02/2017 at 7:50 PM, Daniel Reber said:

Hey guys,

I´m very interested what you would like to see, after Fslabs has finished A321 and A319. As I now found out how to make a poll I thought: Why shouldn´t I give it a try

:)

You missed an option. Conversion of Concorde to 64-bit would be my choice and probably that of many other Concorde owners too. ;)

Daniel Reber

I thought about the new projects without mentioning that. But I think, conversion of the Concorde will most likely not happen. 

(And hopefully it won´t)

Craig Read

It's hard to know what to want next.. when we have so many options now for our sims.. great 737, 747, 777 renditions.. now.. at last.. a truly study level A320.. those 4 really do tick the majority of boxes for me.  

I did dabble in the Concorde back in the day, I have the SSTSIM Concorde knocking around somewhere for FS9.  I wanted to master it, but I just kept getting drawn back to the heavies.  Same with the Q400, again I dabbled quite a lot with it, did some flights (more after I'd actually flown on it in reality) but I still went back to my heavies.

Weirdly.. and only speaking for myself.. I rarely flew the NGX, for a long time it sat unused in my P3Dv3 build, it was only when I joined a community VA that I actually used it more.  The A320 really brought me into the short haul though, I was 'stuck' in long haul most of the time, but I must say I thoroughly enjoy the A320X.  Just patiently waiting till the P3Dv4 version comes out (I wiped my PC recently to start a fresh, and won't be installing P3Dv3 now I have v4).

Anyway, I'm very keen on expanding my Airbus knowledge and experience, and would love to fly one of their 'heavies'.  Although nothing would please me more than to have the entire fleet, the A340 was my vote (not that this means much, I am pretty sure I will be buying whatever they release whatever it is).  I flew on one on the way back from South Africa (Johannesburg), on South African.. was a great way to round off the holiday.. My other half thought it `quite sweet` when we were walking to the gate the A340 was parked there waiting and my excitement peaked, I was so convinced it would be an A330.   Notes from the ride?  The take off roll seemed to take longer than the cruise, must have been some de-rate (we weren't heavy, I was laid out in the back across 4 seats at one point without neighbours so we weren't full).  It seemed to drag itself into the air, and again it seemed we spent considerable time on the departure from Johannesburg with flaps extended and low but it's hard to tell if you're not at the front.

Anyway, A340 gets my vote, but I'd like to see anything that extends my Airbus hanger.. frankly whatever it is I will get it.

Regards

Craig Read

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot
51 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I thought about the new projects without mentioning that. But I think, conversion of the Concorde will most likely not happen. 

(And hopefully it won´t)

What is your evidence for coming to that conclusion? Or is it just a gut instinct?

I think FSLabs are doing great work and I'm very happy to FINALLY have a very faithfully recreated A320. For me and most of my domestic U.S. flying, A319/20/21s are common enough for the carriers I usually like to fly. 319s and 21s are a bit more common on some so I like the order that FSLabs is releasing models. 

As for what I'd want? I'd love an A380 but understand the complexities. I'll take whatever Aircraft they can create with the same fidelity as the A320. :-)

Aaron