Spotlight Error After installing New Version

Aaqib Afzal

Ignacio Allende C.

Exactly this same thing happened to me. Sadly I couldn't recall what caused it and how I managed to solve it a few months ago and instead reinstalled my whole FSX only to remember now how simple it was with your posts (simply uninstall FsSpotlights or have version 22 or earlier). What a HUGE loss of time. I read all the posts and topics about this now and it's sad to see how @Lefteris Kalamaras and others continue to stubbornly incline towards user-end error or bad pc, even completely rejecting the chance that the bug could be on the software sometimes. I'm glad that @etops persisted and was clear and strong enough in believing that the issue was not on his side, wish I'd done that too. Too late for me now and boy, isn't it frustrating.

I am aware you team work hard on solving problems and that you have to cope with many variables when addressing issues, but this is a good lesson to learn from. Sometimes you have to believe in your clients and supporters, there is a chance the bug is on your software, and that shouldn't be the last option to consider.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear @Canalguna,

I appreciate your feedback and acknowledge that sometimes, there is less than immediate response on our end - this is not intentional, nor will we ever try to lay blame on extraneous factors when the software might contain a bug. We always first try to look into the matter and reproduce a reported issue in-house. When we cannot, we then try to look on the customer's computer and see what might be responsible. 9 times out of 10, the problem is an antivirus or a bad install.

In @etops case, the Windows installation on his computer was so badly mangled that even Visual Studio 2015 refused to install, so even though I spent 3 hours trying to fix the reasons, it got to the point where I was wasting both our times and a Windows reinstall was in order.

That's why I am still looking for volunteers who have this issue - and mind you, among the thousands of customers using FSLSpotlights, there are only a few who report MFC80.dll issues, so it *has* to be something out of the "ordinary" - we have not given up on it however, we're still looking into it so it can be fixed.

Carlos Alberto Vieczorek

Hello, my windows 7 was updated by Microsoft for windows 10 via windows update. Looks like this kind of "on top" installation is not the better one. Since than I have issues with windows 10 like the start menu not opening. Most of them I searched on google and manage to solve. But, Lefteris found other problems in my registry that prevents Visual Studio from installing. He fixed a lot of permissions that I didn't have, created registry entries who are not there. In fact, he did a Microsoft W10 support. But at the end, we cannot find a way to install it. So we couldn't began the actual FSL support to chase the bug. 

I'll do a clean install. I'm even thinking to make this less painful by getting a new PC. Hell, if I have to install all again, so let it be in a brand new machine.

Now, I do have some frustrations with FSL support. In my opinion, it's not organized. I think that should exist a ticket system, also a forum only for support. The a320 forum is a mess. Suggestions, repaints requests etc.. 

Take a longtime to the devs to see those costumers that have some problem. And even to locate multiple costumers with the same issue. This is just a constructive criticism.

I brought this plane on early adopter phase. Used it for months without a problem. In this same PC with the same broken w10 updated from w7. The only thing that has changed was my migration from FSX to FSX-SE. So, I don't believe that is a problem only from the systems of the affected costumers. Not everyone in this post has the same problems on w10 as me. 

At the end, when I finally get support, Lefteris did a great effort for us who are getting this errors by tried till the end of his means to fix my system. I'm grateful for that. He is committed to find whatever is causing it and fix it. He just need some other volunteer. And we need to wait a little longer. 

Lefteris Kalamaras

Aidan was gracious enough to offer his time and computer for remote debugging today.

We ran a debugging session and it proved that Malware Bytes is the problem on his end - the very weird thing is that even though we had excluded all spotlights-related files (and the entire FSX folder as well), Malware Bytes continued to create trouble and cause this "MFC80.dll" error.

As soon as Malware Bytes was disabled (or stopped), FSX would load without any problems.

Anyone here getting the MFC80.dll issue - can you please verify that you are running MalwareBytes? Can you stop / quit the app and retry with the latest Spotlights, to tell me how that fares?

18 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Aidan was gracious enough to offer his time and computer for remote debugging today.

We ran a debugging session and it proved that Malware Bytes is the problem on his end - the very weird thing is that even though we had excluded all spotlights-related files (and the entire FSX folder as well), Malware Bytes continued to create trouble and cause this "MFC80.dll" error.

As soon as Malware Bytes was disabled (or stopped), FSX would load without any problems.

Anyone here getting the MFC80.dll issue - can you please verify that you are running MalwareBytes? Can you stop / quit the app and retry with the latest Spotlights, to tell me how that fares?

Stranhge thing, but since latest update I was able to fly once and it worked for me.

But since today I can't start FSX, it gives MFC80.dll file missing

I don't use MalwareBytes, also it is 1st time I do experience this problem.

Actually I want to add, that I don't think it's Spotlight gives a problem, since I installed some other software in between.

The thing is, how to solve that problem. Is it possible to repair registry, also I've seen MFC80.dll repair tool around internet is it safe to use?

Or now only complete reinstall of FSX will solve it.

Best regards.

Seems I was able to fix problem on my system.

So those of you, who want to try, I do enclose MS C++ repair tool.

What I did, simple:

1. Run MS C++ repair tool.

2. Reboot PC

3. Run FSX as admin

Firstly, I tried to start FSX without rebooting, I started to get: "Parallel configuration of FSX is incorrect" and also  "FSLservice not running" messages, but after I rebooted luckily everything works as before.

P.S Ok, for some reason uploading file fails. So here is full name: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2008-2010-2012-2013-2015 [32-64] (09-06-2016).exe

It's about 34.4 mb

Best regards.

No Malware Bytes on my machine.  Reverting to .22 of Spotlights  was the only cure for the issue.  I only had the MFC80 error intermittently... so wouldn't be a good candidate for a debug session.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had the mfc80.dll error after uninstalling the latest version of A320 and Spotlights.  

Tried replacing mfc80.dll manually, this cleared the error, but A320 still crashes immediately after clicking it. 

Link above for MS Visual C++ repair tool doesn't work, no file.  Can't find it on my PC...?