Development and the future

Guest Paul Smith

Guest Paul Smith

Hi Guys:

Every forum should have one, so i thought i would kick it off with a couple of requests, although i obviously realise that the team are going to be kept, ooh, just a tiny bit busy with Concorde-X....

I was always a fan of the PSS Triple7, although i found it buggy as hell and not really complex enough for my liking. We know that there are a couple of developers working on the A380, and possibly the 747-800 but i have not heard of anyone doing a B787 yet. So what are the chances.

Secondly, anyone know where i can get an Aerosoft 747 MCP?

Cheers

Paul

Sven Goericke

Hi Paul,

just like to tell my thoghts about the 787:

I my opinion it is a very nice Airplane, maybe the best new one :-). But in fact, currently it doesn't fly in the real world. I think it's difficult start developing on an Airliner-Simulation for MSFS where the real one is still on ground.

Development on great (and "as real as it gets") Airliner-Simulation requieres not only good people doing the work, it also requieres good in-detail documentation for the Airplane. Also, some technical advisors and/or real pilots flying the aircraft are very helpful.

We certainly think it's a good choice of aircraft to develop... the future will show.

Best Regards

Lefteris Kalamaras
Posted By Paul Smith on 07/26/2008 12:59 AM
Hi Guys:

Every forum should have one, so i thought i would kick it off with a couple of requests, although i obviously realise that the team are going to be kept, ooh, just a tiny bit busy with Concorde-X....

Hi Paul-

a heartfelt welcome to our forums from me as well!

We're very busy with the Concorde-X development, but we hope to always have time to reply to our friends and customers!?smile.gif Thanks for the good words!

I was always a fan of the PSS Triple7, although i found it buggy as hell and not really complex enough for my liking. We know that there are a couple of developers working on the A380, and possibly the 747-800 but i have not heard of anyone doing a B787 yet. So what are the chances.

The B787 is definitely a maybe ;-). There are a couple other projects that haven't been announced yet, but are in the works, so keep checking back for more news soon!

Secondly, anyone know where i can get an Aerosoft 747 MCP?

Cheers

Paul

I would send you mine, but then our customers will complain that I
don't reproduce their situations ;-). On a more serious note, though, look through eBay - the units are in demand, so they go quickly but keep checking back from time to time, you're bound to find something there!

I too would like to wish you every success for the future and look forward to an exciting many years with the further developments within FSX.

John Barnes

Richard McDonald Woods

Hi Paul!

I would agree with you about the priorities of B744 and B787, regardless of developer. Howver, I would only purchase such sims based on detailed manufacturer specs and feedback from real-world pilots.

Suppose we have quite some waiting to do.

Cheers, Richard

Senior Captain, British Airways Virtual

George Marinakis

Hi Lefteris:

I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate both you and the team on the launch of Flight Sim Labs and to wish you all much success.? I am sure that it is an exciting time for all of you.? I join what is certainly many others in our community who are eagerly awaiting your first project.? I have no doubt that it will be only the first of many to follow!

Once again, congratulations to you all.

George S. Marinakis

co-Founder, VATSIM

Guest Paul Smith

Good responses so far.... but what do you mean you're not willing to give me your mcp Lefteris? ;)

Sven, i appreciate your point and fully agree, no point developing something that doesn't yet fly! But looking forward to the possibility that someone may be willing to a pmdg / level d quality release of it...

Cheers

Paul

Lefteris Kalamaras
Posted By on 07/27/2008 5:32 PM
Hi Lefteris:

I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate both you and the team on the launch of Flight Sim Labs and to wish you all much success.? I am sure that it is an exciting time for all of you.? I join what is certainly many others in our community who are eagerly awaiting your first project.? I have no doubt that it will be only the first of many to follow!

Once again, congratulations to you all.

George S. Marinakis
co-Founder, VATSIM

George-

thank you for your kind wishes! we'll be working hard so that the VATSIM community can enjoy our products as soon as possible!

Best to you,

Lefteris Kalamaras
Posted By Paul Smith on 07/27/2008 6:44 PM
Good responses so far.... but what do you mean you're not willing to give me your mcp Lefteris? ;)

Sven, i appreciate your point and fully agree, no point developing something that doesn't yet fly! But looking forward to the possibility that someone may be willing to a pmdg / level d quality release of it...

Cheers

Paul

Paul-

I am glad you mention that. We're also looking forward to maintaining the quality that we're already known for as developers!

I am sorry I can't give you my MCP, but you're welcome to come use it from time to time ;-).

Best regards,

Hi Guys

Great to see someone is developing the Concorde and then it's not just anyone, it's Lefteris and the team! I want to wish you all the success in the world and I hope to see you all around for many years to come. With talk of FS11 already I can just see great things to come.

Do you guys think that DirextX10 will be sorted out for FSX or will that be a goal for the new FS11??

Best Regards

Johan Viljoen

Guest Paul Smith

Hi Johan:

I was under the impression that DX10 was already operational on Vista with Accelleration / SP2 installed. However, i am also 99% certain that further work on FSX has been stopped, and that the team have already moved on to FSXI....

If i am wrong, i am sure that i shall be corrected, but having trawled the blogs and forums quite extensively over the past few weeks, it seems that this is the case...

Cheers

Paul

DX10 in FSX was nothing more than an experiment (IMHO, see my recent blog posts on the subject) and will not be worked on any further.

And yes, FS11 is already in the works..... for a year or so wink.gif

Posted By Francois on 07/31/2008 11:55 PM

DX10 in FSX was nothing more than an experiment (IMHO, see my recent blog posts on the subject) and will not be worked on any further.

And yes, FS11 is already in the works..... for a year or so wink.gif

Great! Now maybe a product you guys can look at developing is something like FSNavigator for FS9 to be used with FS11. We like to do air races at our flightsim club and FSNavigator was very helpful in planning our race routes etc. :D

As far as I know the FSNavigator guys did not do anything for FSX but I'm open for correction.

Keep up the good work!:P

Johan

Interesting thought ;-)

FYI, FSNavigator was designend and maintained by one person only, Helge Schroeder, and he has 'retired from the hobby' recently.