Ctd On Fsx Startup

Krzysztof Jasinski

my exe.xml file, all enabled. I've disabled all one by one and the issue is still there.

Couatl

as_btstrp_config_manager

EZdok camera addon

VFXCentral

my other dll.xml files are just backup's

dll.xml.ASbackup

dll.xml.raaspro_backup

dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager

DLL_preFSLSpotLights

my other exe.xml files backups as well

EXE.xml.fsfx.bkp

exe.xml_Before_Addon_Manager

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK,

do this then:

disable EVERYTHING in dll.xml and exe.xml EXCEPT for FSLSpotlights.

Run FSX with DX10Fixer installer and run it in DX10 mode.

I did that on my end and everything works as expected.

(Also- please add your hardware and software installation characteristics in your forum signature, like others have done, so we have a good idea what they are).

Lefteris Kalamaras

ok - I think we need to take this one-on-one. Send me your Skype details over PM and download Teamviewer so I can take a look (won't be before tomorrow unfortunately).

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved.

After some hours digging in my computer, Lefteris made Spotlight work in my PC. The problem was that i didnt have updated W7 for a long time and I had FRAPS installed. Seems that FRAPS has an issue with old dxgi.dll files so when W7 was updated all has been working perfect.

I have to say that Lefteris has been working hard to solve my particular issue and that's something that you don't always find when you have problems with FSX or addons out there. He's very good people.

So I've tried Spotlight, it worked, I liked so I'll purchase a copy.

Thanks for all!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Thank you for the kind words Carles, I am simply happy that you were able to enjoy our product in its fullest.

I'll try to ensure that the next Spotlights version can detect older dxgi.dll versions and complain before a crash.

EDIT: That's not going to happen, as there are too many different version numbers floating around (especially when tools like ReShade supply their own dxgi.dll with their own version numbers).

Thank you for the kind words Carles, I am simply happy that you were able to enjoy our product in its fullest.

I'll try to ensure that the next Spotlights version can detect older dxgi.dll versions and complain before a crash.

EDIT: That's not going to happen, as there are too many different version numbers floating around (especially when tools like ReShade supply their own dxgi.dll with their own version numbers).

can you tell what version Dxgi.dll stable works. I've two in my windows\System32 and \Wow64 folders, and it can be much old

Lefteris Kalamaras

They have to be dated 2013 or newer. (this problem is mostly for Windows 7 users - later Windows have this fixed).

They have to be dated 2013 or newer. (this problem is mostly for Windows 7 users - later Windows have this fixed).

could you provide version via file properties? ( something like 6.1.7601.17514)

Yep-

the dxgi.dll that should work is 6.2.9200.16492 and later.

ок. Thank you!

UPD. Looks like work!!! Really, i have older version Dxgi.dll. DirectX update not help. And i just install Windows 7 SP1 update Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64 (windows autoupdate is disabled for me). Dxgi.dll is updated with it to 6.2.9200.16492 version. Now P3d is starting without crashes! Spotlights works, but need time to discover settings.