Are you guys still supporting your products

Steven Schalik

On 10/8/2024 at 8:35 AM, Philipp Schwaegerl said:

Yeah and that's right. Even I left P3D behind for MSFS, but I also think that FSL has the best A32X Series. I've never flown a better Airbus with such amazing details. However for me graphics are an important factor in my simworld and I simply can't go back to P3D. 

Why did you condemn P3D, when your still awaiting the A320 FS2020? 

On 10/13/2024 at 8:42 AM, Michele Benedetti said:

Hopefully FsLabs develops Concorde and A330 straight for the 2024 version :) :) :)

Hopefully the Concorde will also be compatible with MSFS. I'm not planning to move to MSFS24 until my most used addons are compatible with it, and I don't have the space to install them side by side.

There's no reason not to be backwards compatible with MSFS as the fundamentals won't change. Microsoft keep reminding us little or no change is necessary. Build it for MSFS then add the new features for MSFS24.

On 10/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Remember the saying “beauty is only skin deep”. Compare the two SDKs and there are considerable differences. Weather and Camera SDKs being two examples.

The camera SDK is not important. The camera system is so flexible there's simply no need for addons for it. As for weather, MSFS24 includes historic weather (for the past 24 hours) and Active Sky have perfected weather injection in MSFS. For me, the built in weather is more then good enough, I haven't bothered with AS.

You've ignored one huge advantage of MSFS over P3D, runway slope. Once you experienced it it's hard to go back to the billiard table flat airport scenery in P3D. Surely you've noticed it yourself flying the 777 in MSFS?

49 minutes ago, Kevin Hall said:

The camera SDK is not important. The camera system is so flexible there's simply no need for addons for it.

It doesn’t answer the question why they haven’t released the SDK for it though. Does it mirror what ChasePlane does? A separate profile for each aircraft with internal and external views?

51 minutes ago, Kevin Hall said:

As for weather, MSFS24 includes historic weather (for the past 24 hours) and Active Sky have perfected weather injection in MSFS. For me, the built in weather is more then good enough, I haven't bothered with AS.

24 hours is very restricted. Some like yourself will be satisfied with 24 hours. Others won’t.

53 minutes ago, Kevin Hall said:

You've ignored one huge advantage of MSFS over P3D, runway slope. Once you experienced it it's hard to go back to the billiard table flat airport scenery in P3D. Surely you've noticed it yourself flying the 777 in MSFS?

I don’t have MSFS and remain satisfied with P3D. I wouldn’t class uneven runways as a “huge advantage”. It increases realism where it exists in the real world.

Let’s use Manchester as a test. Read your altitude at the 23R end and again at the 05L end. What difference is there? And is the hump on that runway 1/3 along from 23R shown?

I really don’t want to get into a simulator comparison because they tend to get shut down by the mods. Suffice to say I’m perfectly happy with my choice of simulator with all its addons and the stability I enjoy with v5.3HF2.

Finally, your sig shows your sims are FSX-SE and P3Dv4. No mention of MSFS.

Hello Gents.

As a polite reminder, the original topic to FSL was "are you guys still supporting your products". We feel that this question has been answered, but please let's not segue into another P3D -vs- MSFS debate.

Thank you

• Like 1
Søren Dissing
5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Does it mirror what ChasePlane does? 

Yes, and much more.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

A separate profile for each aircraft with internal and external views?

Yes

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Søren Dissing, then it must have been improved substantially during 2020’s life cycle because early on it was causing many users a lot of grief.

I don’t think these features have changed since the launch. 
The early grief was more a case of “but this isn’t how P3D/FSX does it!”

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Søren Dissing, then it must have been improved substantially during 2020’s life cycle because early on it was causing many users a lot of grief.

As David said above it was mostly the fact that this was an entirely different approach to camera controls from waht was in FSX/P3D. Took a couple of days of fiddling before it "clicked", but after that - smooth sailing.

Ray Proudfoot
12 hours ago, David Arthur said:

I don’t think these features have changed since the launch. 
The early grief was more a case of “but this isn’t how P3D/FSX does it!”

34 minutes ago, Søren Dissing said:

As David said above it was mostly the fact that this was an entirely different approach to camera controls from waht was in FSX/P3D. Took a couple of days of fiddling before it "clicked", but after that - smooth sailing.

It still begs the question why the SDK wasn’t released. Third party developers virtually always improve on the default offering. Aircraft, airports, weather. What have Asobo to lose by publishing the SDK?

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It still begs the question why the SDK wasn’t released.

I presume they don't want people messing around with a perfectly good system. With an XBox controller, it's a joy to use. 

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot
14 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I presume they don't want people messing around with a perfectly good system. With an XBox controller, it's a joy to use. 

XBox and Concorde? I remember you saying a long time ago Concorde wouldn’t be compatible with an XBox. Confused of Cheadle Hulme. :wacko:

Norman Blackburn
40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

XBox and Concorde? I remember you saying a long time ago Concorde wouldn’t be compatible with an XBox. Confused of Cheadle Hulme. :wacko:

Hopefully this shall aid in removing your confusion.
An Xbox controller is compatible with a PC and, as Andy has said, is a joy to use with the camera system.   No mention was made of Concorde being on an Xbox. 

• Like 5