Are you guys still supporting your products

Steven Schalik

Steven Schalik

Are you guys still supporting your products? any intention of coming to MSFS 2020 or 24? over even updating to P3Dv6? i been looking for info but can not find anything? its been almost a year since anything was said

Daniel Jaffe

Sir. There are plenty of conversations about MSFS in this forum. FSL has stated multiple times that they are full steam ahead on MSFS. No timing or exact products (other than Concorde) have been mentioned for MSFS. FSL are keeping quiet due to competitive forces. P3D v6 is off the table at this point. That said, they are still supporting the current FSL products. 

As an example: 

Norman Blackburn
22 hours ago, Steven Schalik said:

Are you guys still supporting your products? any intention of coming to MSFS 2020 or 24? over even updating to P3Dv6? i been looking for info but can not find anything? its been almost a year since anything was said

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your interest and welcome to the forum.

@Daniel Jaffe has already covered everything brilliantly already.

• Thanks 1
Maximilian Lappé

This will be interesting to see how you will bring the FSLabs Airbus family into MSFS

Instead of bringing the cash cow to MSFS you focused on a super complex Aircraft that has a smaller user base to a sim that only has its hardcore fans left.

2020 is out almost four years now and more than a Controll Center with an empty MSFS Option has yet to be seen…

Regards,

Max

Norman Blackburn

Hello Max, thanks for your comments.

5 minutes ago, Maximilian Lappé said:

you focused on a super complex Aircraft that has a smaller user base to a sim that only has its hardcore fans left.

Correct - as was our choice as there were many who had been wanting this for many years.  In short we chose to support the customer wishes over other things as ultimately we are flight simmers first and foremost.  We hope our passion is evident though our work.

5 minutes ago, Maximilian Lappé said:

2020 is out almost four years now and more than a Controll Center with an empty MSFS Option has yet to be seen…

When the time comes then you shall see more.  For now however things continue as normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Maximilian Lappé

Thank you for your reply…

Don‘t get me wrong, the FSL Busses have always been my most preferred Aircrafts in P3D, they are probably among all sims the reference for Airbus products.

But your development speed is like flying a Cessna from Aukland to London from a non Dev perspective.. ;)

Regards,

Max

"Correct - as was our choice as there were many who had been wanting this for many years.  In short we chose to support the customer wishes over other things as ultimately we are flight simmers first and foremost. "

I would wager that the number of flight simmers who want FSL Airbus product in MSFS far, far outnumber those who want the Concorde.

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
7 hours ago, Bob Zolto said:

I would wager that the number of flight simmers who want FSL Airbus product in MSFS far, far outnumber those who want the Concorde.

Hi Bob,

That may be so however those waiting for the Concorde had been around waiting for a long long time.  Longer than anybody has been waiting for our Airbus products to come to MSFS.  

• Like 5

I agree they have been waiting for a long time, but their numbers probably pale in comparison with those for simmers waiting on the Airbus.  Those numbers are probably falling as they give up on FSL.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

No one was forced to uninstall P3D. You could retain it and use it to fly the Airbus fleet.

From 6 miles up I’m not sure there are any great differences between the various sims anyway.

Michele Benedetti
14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No one was forced to uninstall P3D. You could retain it and use it to fly the Airbus fleet.

From 6 miles up I’m not sure there are any great differences between the various sims anyway.

Trust me Ray, the difference is abnormal. It's embarassing to say the least for P3D. MSFS is just another league, no matter the location, altitude or time of day. But that's to be expected. P3D is an old platform while MSFS is the gold standard of today's tech.

• Like 7
Ray Proudfoot

@Michele Benedetti, I can see I’m not going to convince you or others so I’ll keep it objective…

If you need to edit an AFCAD you can only do that with unencrypted BGLs. Why some decided to encrypt such a file is beyond me.

There’s no equivalent of ChasePlane. The camera SDK has not been released.

You do now have AS available which gives you historical weather. I’m sure Damian has done as well as he could without sight of the weather API or SDK. Why won’t Asobo release those SDKs?

Users are reliant on the servers being available. I’ve seen several instances where users have reported problems on AvSim. Server down means no flying.

Now that P3D can take advantage of Lossless Scaling the advantage MSFS had has been lost. With Concorde over central London I can get 60fps inbound to Simwings Heathrow. Previously just a pipe dream.

I see MSFS on a regular basis and it’s just never appealed. I accept plenty think it’s brilliant but flying at six miles up I’m not sure the advantages are that obvious. With Concorde there even less as there’s little to see other than water.

But you pays your money and you take your choice. I hope you get Concorde before you become an old man like me. :D

• Like 3
stephen speak
On 9/25/2024 at 12:41 AM, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Bob,

That may be so however those waiting for the Concorde had been around waiting for a long long time.  Longer than anybody has been waiting for our Airbus products to come to MSFS.  

@Norman Blackburn..the same can be said for p3d users who have had the A320x series for years..some like me since the days of fsx..and want the NEO or A330 on that platform..just an observation 

steve

Norman Blackburn
Just now, stephen speak said:

@Norman Blackburn..the same can be said for p3d users who have had the A320x series for years..some like me since the days of fsx..and want the NEO or A330 on that platform..just an observation 

Whilst I understand what you are trying to convey, its not quite the same.  Since FSX users had their 320, those with Concorde were stuck in a 32 bit platform whilst the 320 made its way through versions 3, 4 and 5 of P3D.  That often mis quoted old adage springs to mind about pleasing all of the people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Ryan Argue
On 9/25/2024 at 7:00 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I mean, when your default looks like this in P3D, let me know...

Screenshot 2024-09-02 153524.png

• Like 5
Ray Proudfoot
31 minutes ago, Ryan Argue said:

Ever heard the saying “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”? If looks was my highest priority I would have bought it by now.

But it isn’t. Stability and having all the aircraft I want to fly in a single sim is the most important thing for me. The coastlines in v5 are as accurate as any other sim.

I have a first class ATC program in Radar Contact. Aivlasoft’s EFB works perfectly with P3D.

I don’t get any CTDs. After waiting years for Concorde I’m now enjoying it to the full.

I forgot one and probably the most important. Mandatory updates! That is a real turn-off for me. I’ve seen multiple posts on AvSim from people tearing their hair out because all their custom settings were lost.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Additional info
  • Like 3
Ryan Argue
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ever heard the saying “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”? If looks was my highest priority I would have bought it by now.

But it isn’t. Stability and having all the aircraft I want to fly in a single sim is the most important thing for me. The coastlines in v5 are as accurate as any other sim.

I have a first class ATC program in Radar Contact. Aivlasoft’s EFB works perfectly with P3D.

I don’t get any CTDs. After waiting years for Concorde I’m now enjoying it to the full.

I forgot one and probably the most important. Mandatory updates! That is a real turn-off for me. I’ve seen multiple posts on AvSim from people tearing their hair out because all their custom settings were lost.

Sure have, but you said "not sure there are any great differences between the various sims anyway" when that is 100% not the case, since the visuals are on a whole other world than P3D.

I've never had MSFS crash in over a year.  Never had anything go wrong with the mandatory updates.  Which include these free scenery, airport, and world updates.  I just click update and let it do it's thing.  I'm currently sitting at almost everything on Ultra settings, in the MD-11, over Egypt and getting over 60 FPS.

People on Avsim still post about "uninstalling windows" and things like that like it's 1999 again.  I installed MSFS over two years ago, set my settings, and have not been back to the options page except to set up controls for new airplanes as they come along.  No tweaking, no fixing things, nothing.  It just works.

When the Concorde comes (will it ever?), I really REALLY hope you check it out, because with MSFS24's historical weather, it's right up your alley.  

• Like 6
Michele Benedetti
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Michele Benedetti, I can see I’m not going to convince you or others so I’ll keep it objective…

If you need to edit an AFCAD you can only do that with unencrypted BGLs. Why some decided to encrypt such a file is beyond me.

There’s no equivalent of ChasePlane. The camera SDK has not been released.

You do now have AS available which gives you historical weather. I’m sure Damian has done as well as he could without sight of the weather API or SDK. Why won’t Asobo release those SDKs?

Users are reliant on the servers being available. I’ve seen several instances where users have reported problems on AvSim. Server down means no flying.

Now that P3D can take advantage of Lossless Scaling the advantage MSFS had has been lost. With Concorde over central London I can get 60fps inbound to Simwings Heathrow. Previously just a pipe dream.

I see MSFS on a regular basis and it’s just never appealed. I accept plenty think it’s brilliant but flying at six miles up I’m not sure the advantages are that obvious. With Concorde there even less as there’s little to see other than water.

But you pays your money and you take your choice. I hope you get Concorde before you become an old man like me. :D

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Ray, I am not saying in any way that MSFS is perfect. It isn't, by any means. It lacks Chaseplane, dual jetways, weather radar etc. BUT, in my view, its capabilities far surpass any shortcoming. I am waiting for FsLabs to bring their Concorde over to finally uninstall P3D from my pc. I have never ever had any CTD with MSFS, with P3D it's almost sure I'll get one once a month if not more. And I repeat, when you take off and take a look outside, the comparison is just...embarassing. Can't wait for MSFS 2024 and I really really hope that FsLabs will quickly release Concorde and the A330 asap for MSFS 2024. Who cares of A320/Neos?????? ( :)  ;)

stephen speak

Imo..I think when anything happens it will be in November when msfs24 is released..by now all the devs will have their hands on the sdk’s and will be furiously making sure things work as and when it’s released..I don’t expect a reply from FSLabs as they have NDA’s to consider 

Trevor Hannant

I do love when discussions on one query become a "my sim is better than your sim" discussion... :rolleyes:

• Haha 2
Ray Proudfoot
22 minutes ago, Trevor Hannant said:

I do love when discussions on one query become a "my sim is better than your sim" discussion... :rolleyes:

But it hasn’t. My sim is DIFFERENT to your sim. Big difference.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Michele Benedetti said:

Ray, I am not saying in any way that MSFS is perfect. It isn't, by any means. It lacks Chaseplane, dual jetways, weather radar etc. BUT, in my view, its capabilities far surpass any shortcoming.

That’s a subjective call which I have no argument with. I have different priorities.

1 hour ago, Michele Benedetti said:

And I repeat, when you take off and take a look outside, the comparison is just...embarassing.

Don’t try that with Concorde. Your attention should be 100% on flying the aircraft. Even with the current version that does so much for you I rarely look out of the window for long. Remember the golden rule…

Aviate, Navigate, Communicate, look out of the window. In that order. ;)

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Ryan Argue said:

When the Concorde comes (will it ever?), I really REALLY hope you check it out, because with MSFS24's historical weather, it's right up your alley.

Unlikely. I already have it in the sim of my choice and with Active Sky I already have historical weather. ;)

Matt Crick

Gentlemen,

Lets please try and stay on the original topic please. This thread need not be an excuse to enter into debate as to which sim is "better". "Better" is subjective and we all have perfectly valid, personal reasons as to why we've picked one sim over another and lets leave it at that.

Thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot
8 minutes ago, Matt Crick said:

This thread need not be an excuse to enter into debate as to which sim is "better"

I never said P3D is “better” than any other sim. I said it was different and those differences are the reason I have stayed with it.

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

I never said P3D is “better” than any other sim. I said it was different and those differences are the reason I have stayed with it.

Nobody has said you have Ray.  Unfortunately I can't say the same for some other people in this thread.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Trevor Hannant
On 9/26/2024 at 9:22 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

But it hasn’t. My sim is DIFFERENT to your sim. Big difference.

It was a generic comment Ray, I didn't name/quote you - or anyone else...

Dave Taylor

My friend 'Blackbox 711' told me the other day that, 'FSL' still have the best A320 in the sim world.

Lovely words, I'd say from a Captain who flew them in reality.

Sadly, he fly's the '787' now.

• Like 1
Anirbinna Roy
8 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

My friend 'Blackbox 711' told me the other day that, 'FSL' still have the best A320 in the sim world.

Couldn't agree more !!

Philipp Schwaegerl
10 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

Yeah and that's right. Even I left P3D behind for MSFS, but I also think that FSL has the best A32X Series. I've never flown a better Airbus with such amazing details. However for me graphics are an important factor in my simworld and I simply can't go back to P3D. 

• Like 2
Malcolm Rouse

Really looking forward to your A330 ,I was looking forward to Aerosofts Version but after yesterdays ( lets keep it clean ) debacle i hope you guys deliver some news pretty soon .

• Like 1
Brad Barns
On 9/27/2024 at 3:21 AM, Ryan Argue said:

Screenshot 2024-09-02 153524.png

I dunno ...  I'd suggest this is pretty darn close (FSDG Paro scenery in P3Dv4).  With selected various scenery addons and enhancements installed in to a "default" P3D, you can certainly get it to look mighty fine indeed.

Still running P3D v4.5 with HF2.  Still enjoying it.  Still using and flying the FSLabs a320 and A321 in it.  Still very much enjoying those.  And other well-known study sim aircraft as well.  I don't have or use shader enhancements.  I have Active Sky and EZDok.  They work great.  I haven't touched a slider, a setting or done any upgrades or tweaks to it in years.  It stays stable on my machine.  I get great frame rates.  Navigraph keeps my STARS, SIDS and charts up to date.  I keep my airports and AI as up to date as I want, when needed, using ADE and AIFP.  It continues to provide me with hours of fun and entertainment.  At this stage, with what I am getting out of P3D v4, I have no plans to change, yet, to MSFS.  I guess it's a personal choice.

image.thumb.jpeg.59db06f72d41a24c0edbb23ba722e9a3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
Robert Sutherland
13 hours ago, Brad Barns said:

I dunno ...  I'd suggest this is pretty darn close (FSDG Paro scenery in P3Dv4).  With selected various scenery addons and enhancements installed in to a "default" P3D, you can certainly get it to look mighty fine indeed.

Still running P3D v4.5 with HF2.  Still enjoying it.  Still using and flying the FSLabs a320 and A321 in it.  Still very much enjoying those.  And other well-known study sim aircraft as well.  I don't have or use shader enhancements.  I have Active Sky and EZDok.  They work great.  I haven't touched a slider, a setting or done any upgrades or tweaks to it in years.  It stays stable on my machine.  I get great frame rates.  Navigraph keeps my STARS, SIDS and charts up to date.  I keep my airports and AI as up to date as I want, when needed, using ADE and AIFP.  It continues to provide me with hours of fun and entertainment.  At this stage, with what I am getting out of P3D v4, I have no plans to change, yet, to MSFS.  I guess it's a personal choice.

image.thumb.jpeg.59db06f72d41a24c0edbb23ba722e9a3.jpeg

The point that Ryan makes is that the MSFS screenshot is _default_ -- so no addons needed, no scenery, no weather. You don't need enhancements to make MSFS look great.

I absolutely appreciate that you have a sweet spot with P3D, so that's fair enough :)

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

The point that Ryan makes is that the MSFS screenshot is _default_ -- so no addons needed, no scenery, no weather. You don't need enhancements to make MSFS look great.

I absolutely appreciate that you have a sweet spot with P3D, so that's fair enough :)

Yes.  I did understand that was Ryan's point.  And I agree with him.  He is 100% right.  MSFS does look truely amazing.

I simply saw his image and thought, "I know he says 'default', but I think P3D can match that, albeit with add-ons" ... and when I saw how my Paro looked in my P3D, and was a nice enough comparison, I couldn't help myself and wanted to show a screenshot. If my post gave a wrong impression, then that was not intentional. No harm, no issue, all friends. I just wanted to share a comparison screenshot. :)

• Like 5

I am with Ray here, I must say. I love MSFS and think it’s beautiful, without a doubt. But I went back to P3D recently to fire up the FSL A320 and had forgotten what an unbelievable addon it is. OK, the visuals outside aren’t brilliant, but when you’re flying in the airway, that’s of little importance. What’s important is the realism and functionality of the addon, and the FSL Airbus is a real joy. AND P3D has proper weather functionality (with AS, of course).Different cloud types, properly simulated weather, and a working wx radar! I love MSFS, but I really urge you all not to delete P3D just yet, because the FSL Airbus can still give a great deal of enjoyment.

• Like 3

I don't really care what other people fly or think,I just fly whatever I like whenever I like. It's my choice.

But..... I just need to make a point here.......If you have abandonded P3D,that means your not flying FSL Aircraft,so what are you doing on here criticising?

Just saying

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Andy Smith said:

I don't really care what other people fly or think,I just fly whatever I like whenever I like. It's my choice.

But..... I just need to make a point here.......If you have abandonded P3D,that means your not flying FSL Aircraft,so what are you doing on here criticising?

Just saying

I'm here to try and find out what's happening with Concorde for MSFS. I've not so much abandoned FSL as they've abandoned me. FSL development is so slow. The last official FSL announcement is from 2023. Concorde X skipped my version of P3D and I'm not buying v5 just to fly it. I can fly it in FSX but it isn't a happy experience any more (partly my fault but it will take too much time to sort out). The graphics are very dated now anyway. 

I think FSL have missed the boat with the A320 series in MSFS. Few will want to pay FSL prices to fly a slightly better simulation. They could still score heavily with Concorde though as there is no competition currently. Please get a move on and release it for MSFS.

16 hours ago, John Price said:

I am with Ray here, I must say. I love MSFS and think it’s beautiful, without a doubt.

Remember the saying “beauty is only skin deep”. Compare the two SDKs and there are considerable differences. Weather and Camera SDKs being two examples.

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
22 hours ago, Andy Smith said:

Just saying

My interest is in FSLabs, who are working on MSFS products. I don’t have to prove my support of or trust in FSLabs, every product I’ve bought is listed under my profile. 

I find discussions around the topic of simulators interesting. It’s fair to say that each has its own benefits. I’ve always been conscious not to be overtly critical of P3D users, because I liked the platform and used it for years. But I’ve moved on to MSFS and I’m really excited to see what FSLabs do with it. 

• Like 3

While FSLABS is in P3D, I won’t move to MSFS. I really enjoy the Labs, never seen something similar in the industry. I remember when the 767 PIC came out into FS2002. They just make the change in industry. Now FsLabs made the new change.  Someday we will wake up and have the surprise from Fs labs

• Like 3
While FSLABS is in P3D, I won’t move to MSFS. I really enjoy the Labs, never seen something similar in the industry. I remember when the 767 PIC came out into FS2002. They just make the change in industry. Now FsLabs made the new change.  Someday we will wake up and have the surprise from Fs labs

Really hopeful…. It’s October already :(((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
On 10/11/2024 at 8:56 PM, Pablo Prada said:

Ah such great memories Pablo! I remember being amazed by the 767 back then. FSLabs were as instrumental as that, if not more, with their A320 series. Such an amazing addon. And they will do the same for MSFS, I have no doubt whatsoever.

• Like 3
On 10/11/2024 at 8:56 PM, Pablo Prada said:

i had the Level D 767..that was a ground breaker as in systems and full glass cockpit