GSX

Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

How many of you still use it and how many, like me, have given up completely?

I'm fed up with Couati reports, etc.

MSFS users needen't bother commenting. I'm referring to P3D users only.

Ray Proudfoot

@Dave Taylor, I’ve had GSX / GSX Level 2 for several years. Very few issues. It remains central to my enjoyment of P3Dv5.

If you’re having ongoing problems it suggests a problem with your setup rather than with the product itself.

Stephen Cooke

Use GSX all the time across a range of aircraft, integration with FSL A32* series fully functional.

Andy Smith

Me,on P3D5.

Always get probs, so only use certain aspects of it...fuel,catering.

Asked for a stand-alone P3D5 installer and updater to no avail.

No probs on MSFS.

Graham Collins

It's much more stable in MSFS than P3D - it almost never worked properly there and almost always works perfectly in MSFS 2020 - I trust it will continue to do so in MSFS 2024

• Thanks 1
Dave Taylor
On 4/28/2024 at 10:25 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Dave Taylor, I’ve had GSX / GSX Level 2 for several years. Very few issues. It remains central to my enjoyment of P3Dv5.

If you’re having ongoing problems it suggests a problem with your setup rather than with the product itself.

I'm a little surprised that you should say that, Ray. You have been around a long time and I have supported you elsewhere.

Certainly, your 'setup' reply, was not expected, without knowing.  You only need to checkout the FSDG forum to realise that I am just, one of many. The product is FAR from perfect.

Ray Proudfoot
4 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

I'm a little surprised that you should say that, Ray. You have been around a long time and I have supported you elsewhere.

Certainly, your 'setup' reply, was not expected, without knowing.  You only need to checkout the FSDG forum to realise that I am just, one of many. The product is FAR from perfect.

Dave, I’ve looked through the first five pages on the P3D section and can’t see any posts in your name unless you’re using a different one.

You don’t list what version of P3D you’re running or what other FSDT products you might own. GSX only or Level 2? What problems precisely are you experiencing and with what aircraft.

Your first post was missing so much important info.

Ørjan Polman

I am on P3Dv4.5. I have had GSX for quite some years and had very little issues. From the top of my head I think there was 1 or 2 updates along the way that messed up some stuff, but as I never update things the same day it's published I got a warning from a fellow sim friend that I should wait until they fixed it. So I never had big issues.

To me it's been working very good and I have enjoyed it very much, both with PMDG and specially the integration with FSLabs A32X.

However I have noticed that there are users who are having issues, not getting it to work properly.... I really hope you get it sorted, it's very good when it works.

Cheers

Dave Taylor
Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 11:15 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

You don’t list what version of P3D you’re running or what other FSDT products you might own. GSX only or Level 2? What problems precisely are you experiencing and with what aircraft.

Your first post was missing so much important info.

I am running P3Dv5.3 and the level 2 version having also started with the level 1. Because the A320 family is so interesting I only fly them.

Edited by Dave Taylor
Added reqd., info
Ray Proudfoot
18 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

I am running P3Dv5.3 and the level 2 version having also started with the level 1. Because the A320 family is so interesting I only fly them.

Dave, what problems and have you posted them on the support forum?

• Like 1
Dave Taylor
23 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dave, what problems and have you posted them on the support forum?

Can we discuss this via email please, Ray? As it's not a subject for this forum, I believe it would be more appropiate?

I will PM you my email?

• Like 1
peter kelberg

be  good  if  you post  the  solution might help others  with the  same  issue

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, peter kelberg said:

be  good  if  you post  the  solution might help others  with the  same  issue

I was able to assist Dave but I’ll leave it to him to post the details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1