P3D v5.4 has been released

Christian Küsters

Dave Taylor

Will this download be compatible with all the A320's family, please?

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Dave Taylor said:

Will this download be compatible with all the A320's family, please?

Right this moment?  No, however a version for 5.4 is with our testers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Maximilian Lappé
44 minutes ago, Sarut Benja said:

Fslap no support 5.4 T_T new install

Did you read what Norman wrote? It is in testing, so it will be out soon for sure ^_^

• Like 1
Dave Taylor
8 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Right this moment?  No, however a version for 5.4 is with our testers.

Thanks for the advice Norm., I wouldn't use it without your valid opinion. Keep well, my friend.

Sarut Benja
6 hours ago, Maximilian Lappé said:

Did you read what Norman wrote? It is in testing, so it will be out soon for sure ^_^

Thk sir im new install P3D5.4 and Fslap but not new install wait update 

Andrey Proshkin

Сan someone tell me whether FSLabs is currently compatible with P3D v5.4 or not. I just don't know if I should upgrade or not?

Johncarlo Maddalena

Not yet. An announcement is made in the announcement forum page when the software is updated and made compatible with new p3d versions

Alexander Hamilton

Has anyone noticed a performance increase in Prepar3D v5.4? Debating wether to download the update or not.

Andrey Proshkin
8 hours ago, Johncarlo Maddalena said:

Not yet. An announcement is made in the announcement forum page when the software is updated and made compatible with new p3d versions

Thank's!!! I'm waiting for announcement.

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
21 minutes ago, Dennis Schmidt said:

We are all waiting... its taking quite long this time...

As Andrew mentioned in another thread, we came across an issue a couple days back which required further testing.  The real beauty of updates is that you don't have to update the moment it is released.

• Like 2
Anirbinna Roy
As Andrew mentioned in another thread, we came across an issue a couple days back which required further testing.  The real beauty of updates is that you don't have to update the moment it is released.

True that … But can you please tell us approximately when are we expecting the update ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norman Blackburn
7 minutes ago, Anirbinna Roy said:

True that … But can you please tell us approximately when are we expecting the update ?

If I had answered that when 5.4 was released we would have missed it.  For sure it will be as soon as possible however we don't give release times.

• Thanks 2
Anirbinna Roy
If I had answered that when 5.4 was released we would have missed it.  For sure it will be as soon as possible however we don't give release times.

No worries .. Hope it gets released soon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Dennis Schmidt
22 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Thats true... and sometimes the beauty of updating is to take the community a bit with you in the progress or give them little updates in how far the progress is going... you see.. it might depend on the the perspective ;);) 

Norman Blackburn
9 minutes ago, Dennis Schmidt said:

Thats true... and sometimes the beauty of updating is to take the community a bit with you in the progress or give them little updates in how far the progress is going... you see.. it might depend on the the perspective ;);) 

Sadly then we run the risk of:
We did some coding - its nearly ready.
Oops, something happened, not today.
Yay, more coding - tomorrow is the day.
Darn, you won't believe something cropped up.
Full steam ahead!
etc etc...

As an end user I much prefer the knowing.  And the only way you know is at the end.  Software development and testing is not set on a linear path.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Dennis Schmidt

I can imagine... but it hurts if you love your products that much... and know hands start shaking because I couldn`t fly my favourite plane since a eternity :D... 

Norman Blackburn
14 minutes ago, Dennis Schmidt said:

I couldn`t fly my favourite plane since a eternity

Roll back to 5.3 and enjoy your FSL planes whilst you wait.    Easy :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Luis Hernández
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Roll back to 5.3

Edit: roll your Client back to 5.3.

For reference, that's what I did: install 5.4, uninstall just the 5.4 Client, and install the 5.3 one. No issues with the FSL buses at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Luis Hernández said:

Edit: roll your Client back to 5.3.

For reference, that's what I did: install 5.4, uninstall just the 5.4 Client, and install the 5.3 one. No issues with the FSL buses at all.

That's really smart! Does ChasePlane work properly with this mixed install?

Luis Hernández
3 hours ago, Simon Tam said:

Does ChasePlane work properly with this mixed install?

I guess so. I mean, it's the same limitation we're working around. Sadly, I can't check: I don't have ChasePlane....

Yannes Börstler
10 hours ago, Luis Hernández said:

Sadly, I can't check: I don't have ChasePlane....

I checked it and it works perfectly with ChasePlane :)

• Like 2
Erik Schlijper
53 minutes ago, Nicolas Hernandez said:

Hi i want to play my fslabs

You'll have to wait, just like everyone else, or just keep using them on 5.3

Nicolas Hernandez
23 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We’re testing some performance updates that have gone out to the teams today. If they don’t find any issues I anticipate we’ll post an update to our experimental channel in the next day or so.

Is fslabs update for p3dv5.4 ready ti install?

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Nicolas Hernandez said:

is fslabs update for p3dv5.4 ready ti install?

When it’s released we will announce here on our forum.  For now continue to use 5.3

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner

The fact it takes longer probably means, there are a lot of changes under the hood of 5.4?