GSX

Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Does anyone know why GSX is such a pain?

Even though I have previously run the update, I always get a warning telling me that the GSX update needs to be run. To do this you have to quit the sime and run the update.

It happened again so you go through all the rigmarole again, reboot the sim and then you get the same message!  To top it all, I am given a RW10 arrival at EIDW and it doesn't exist?

I'm 81 years and wondering If I am losing it.  Norman, your voice is part of GSX so you may have the answer?  I realise that Support is not expected here but just wonder if you or someone else is happy with it?

Norman Blackburn
5 hours ago, Dave Taylor said:

Norman, your voice is part of GSX so you may have the answer?

It isn’t.  

• Confused 1

I'm 70 years old Dave and i have given up with it already, waste of time and money.

I guess GSX are working hard behind the scenes to fix it but for now i dump it.

Would just like to know,does it work in MSFS ok?....just asking:D

I think Norman is in Airline packs,but he will probably tell me i'm wrong too :D Only guessing

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

I’m 72 soon and don’t have any real issues with GSX. But I don’t have FSL Airbuses. I use PMDG737 and things seem fine.

@Dave Taylor, are you running the update with admin privileges? And remember, you’re not just updating GSX but all your FSDT scenery too.

There is no Rwy 10 any more at Dublin. It was changed to 10R / 28L several months ago. What scenery are you using for Dublin? Default or 3rd Party?

I’m running P3D v5.3HF2.

Dave Taylor

Hello Ray and thank you for your interest.

Everything in my P3Dv5 is already running with admin agreements. my scenery is the 'MK Dublin' payware.

For me, GSX has always been a problem and never works like shown in the many video's.

Ray Proudfoot

Dave, I have MK Dublin too. Do you have v5? If so check the runway configuration. It's definitely 10R / 28L. There is a new northern runway now but it seems unlikely they'll update their P3D package.

Where do you have FSDT Live Update installed? The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Is that where yours is installed? Do you have a  desktop shortcut for it? Right-click it and see if the default action is Run as Administrator.

• Like 1
Keith Giannoni

Dave,

Couple of thoughts. When you get the updater warning, you do not need to restart the sim. You can select "Ignore this update" and continue as normal. It will not affect GSX currently installed and you can continue your flight. There are a number of ways to update GSX when you have the warning. The full install/update. There is also a live updater option. See This PC-Windows(C):Programme files (86): Addon Manager. You will see a number of GSX files. Find the Couatl_Updater.exe. I suggest pinning it to the start or a short cut on your desk top. Then use that to update GSX when you are asked too and sim is not running.

You may also get an update warning if you have new scenery and see a Jetway exclude warning. If you are getting this, let me know. I will give you the solution.

I am 65 in October so no, you are no losing it!! I have had very little issues with GSX with P3DV5.2. 

Best,

Keith

Dave Taylor
4 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dave, I have MK Dublin too. Do you have v5? If so check the runway configuration. It's definitely 10R / 28L. There is a new northern runway now but it seems unlikely they'll update their P3D package.

Where do you have FSDT Live Update installed? The default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Is that where yours is installed? Do you have a  desktop shortcut for it? Right-click it and see if the default action is Run as Administrator.

Hi Ray, Mine is in, C:|Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\LockheedMartin\Prepare3Dv5\SimObjects.  I will try your tip, Thank you.

Ray Proudfoot
1 minute ago, Dave Taylor said:

Hi Ray, Mine is in, C:|Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\LockheedMartin\Prepare3Dv5\SimObjects.  I will try your tip, Thank you.

Dave, if that's the location of the FSDT Live Update  executable that is not where it should be installed. I suggest you uninstall, reboot and install again but this time go with the default location. It really is the best place to ensure problem-free operation.

• Like 1
Bryan Richards

Gsx in my experience has been quite a sus piece of software on my particular system. When it doesn't need an update it works fine. If there's an update I can ignore the update about two times in a row before, for no apparent reason other than the conspiracy in me thinks it's to force me to update, it starts to act up for no apparent reason until I update and it's fine again. 

Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Bryan Richards said:

Gsx in my experience has been quite a sus piece of software on my particular system. When it doesn't need an update it works fine. If there's an update I can ignore the update about two times in a row before, for no apparent reason other than the conspiracy in me thinks it's to force me to update, it starts to act up for no apparent reason until I update and it's fine again. 

Given the user has to run an executable to update FSDT products, not just GSX, I fail to understand how the update could be forced. I don’t recall it happening to me.

This page shows the update history. https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Ray Proudfoot
41 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

Yesterday I had a Couatl crash -_-

So did I but chose to restart and it was fine thereafter. Probably best to report this on the official forum.

• Thanks 1