Cosford Flight Sim Show 2023

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

Just Flight are in discussions with the authorities at RAF Cosford regarding this year’s show usually held in October.

There is considerable upheaval in Hangar One and Cosford can’t be definitive whether a show is feasible.

What is needed is for them to be persuaded there is considerable interest from the flight sim community and that Cosford is the ideal location.

If you want to attend the show this year would you please send a polite request to Cosford convincing them the museum is the ideal location and if enough of us do it it will hopefully convince them it’s worthwhile.

Write to midlands@rafmuseum.org

Many thanks.

Ray Proudfoot

Rob, I imagine most attendees would fly there given the size of the country. Does that make it more difficult for exhibitors? I was in Washington DC for the 2006 AvSim conference. The flight sim show was quite small. Nice dinner though and I enjoyed my 3 day visit courtesy of John Dekker and Doug Thompson of JDTLLC - AKA Radar Contact.

You would imagine the first show after MSFS has come out would be a winner.

Dave Taylor
On 3/2/2023 at 5:26 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just Flight are in discussions with the authorities at RAF Cosford regarding this year’s show usually held in October.

There is considerable upheaval in Hangar One and Cosford can’t be definitive whether a show is feasible.

What is needed is for them to be persuaded there is considerable interest from the flight sim community and that Cosford is the ideal location.

If you want to attend the show this year would you please send a polite request to Cosford convincing them the museum is the ideal location and if enough of us do it it will hopefully convince them it’s worthwhile.

Write to midlands@rafmuseum.org

Many thanks.

Yes I would like to have one but would prefer it much nearer to the southwest, If possible as i live in Torbay.

Ray Proudfoot
28 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Yes I would like to have one but would prefer it much nearer to the southwest, If possible as i live in Torbay.

The Midlands has generally been the preferred area for shows as it’s central for the country plus has decent road and rail links plus a nearby airport. Are there flights from Exeter to Birmingham?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ChristopherLow

I have to travel 150 miles down to RAF Cosford from my home town of Ulverston in Cumbria, but I would not miss it for the world. I really hope that JustFlight get the clearance that they need to organise a show this year.

• Like 1