2D panels / gauges freeze in black, followed by DU freezes and non-responsive sim menu

Ziga Cernivec

Ziga Cernivec

Hi.. 

A week or something ago, I begun encountering weird problem.. upon turnaround, when I'm about to start new flight (enter it via AOC-INIT), and when printer should print out (POS58), it just doesn't do that and windowed MCDUs become black.. If I want to go to p3d's menu from here (to save flight/reset it), it just does CTD. 
At attached image (2nd - lower one) you can see blacked out MCDUs. If i keep opening other displays, it becomes more and more messy (1st image).

How can POS and this be related in any way, since it was working fine for more than half year? Only thing changed a week ago was new headphones for comms... But can it be related in any way?

Thanks for help...

Best,

Ziga

image.thumb.png.8437f449dba552dca83deda4b34ae3ff.pngimage.thumb.png.12798d551e3736db46b87431de886c8b.png

• Ziga Cernivec changed the title to 2D panels / gauges freeze in black, followed by DU freezes and non-responsive sim menu

I've had much the same thing recently, which included POS58 printing half a page, blank. Three flights today with the same result, fixed by a 320 reinstall.

Ziga Cernivec

So it is a POS thing? Because it actually happens when it should print something.. Still dont know why, since, i used POS for last 2 years without problem.. 

I also reinstalled FSL but it didnt resolve it :/

Ziga Cernivec

Testing it now with unselected POS printer and all print function set to OFF... 4 rotations good so far.. Problem might actually be in POS, but how?

Ziga Cernivec

Koen, yup, had several updates last week.. However, I restored windows to date pre-updates, so that I could test if they were reason behind this problem... 

6th rotation tested without freezes, so we could confirm it is a POS thing. Don't know how, since its driver wasn't "touched" at all? 

Lorenzo Nesta

With further investigation it seems like I am unable to select the print function on the Data page on the MCDU. Is anyone else getting this?

Regards

Lonz

Norman Blackburn
20 minutes ago, lonz1988 said:

With further investigation it seems like I am unable to select the print function on the Data page on the MCDU. Is anyone else getting this?

Regards

Lonz

Please change your forum name to be your real first and last name.  Thanks.

Lorenzo Nesta
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Please change your forum name to be your real first and last name.  Thanks.

Done.

To continue with the issue. I am unable to deselect or change printer as the page wont load up.

Cheers

Lonz

• Thanks 1
Norman Blackburn
11 minutes ago, Lorenzo Nesta said:

Done.

To continue with the issue. I am unable to deselect or change printer as the page wont load up.

Cheers

Lonz

Support is not offered in the General Forum Lorenzo.  Please post in the appropriate forum.

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Lorenzo Nesta said:

Is it worth moving this thread into the appropriate forum?

If you were the OP sure.  Ive closed this one.

• Norman Blackburn locked this topic