which one is correct performance page

Ali Davy

Hi . I have problem with page performance in ATSU after update to 440 this problem . if you set config to OPT sometime flap 3 or flap 2 and  another problem is Flex !! sometime is wrong .

this a normal take off but set TOGA !!! (without TL without ...)

my flight today it was better but different between a320 calculator and main fslabs . I attached file .

sincerely

Ali

photo_2020-03-18_23-50-54.jpg

photo_2020-03-18_23-51-05.jpg

photo_2020-03-18_23-51-02.jpg

Sabine Meier

The fslabs performance calculator takes a lot more into account then the wabpro did Like terrain. Keep in mind the calculator fslabs modeled goes for the highest possible TOPL value. You can always force config 1. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, but the fact is i had done the same flight before the last update and all calculation were correct. I've never seen take off config flaps 3 for a320 . 

Robert Ruprecht

You are showing page 3 of the perf page . Flex temp is on page 4, as Koen said there are more factors taken into account than on wabpro.It also shows Flap 1 for take off. That all seems fine. 

• Like 1

Thanku Robert i know flex on page 4 but as i said today my flight was better. but previous flight i set opt with take off flaps 3 or full !!! and toga and wrong take off data ... . I will look at the next flight and report.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:04 PM, Ali Davy said:

Thanku Robert i know flex on page 4 but as i said today my flight was better. but previous flight i set opt with take off flaps 3 or full !!! and toga and wrong take off data ... . I will look at the next flight and report.

Well, if that's the case then flaps config 3 and TOGA thrust was the optimum setting for your takeoff. 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:15 PM, Ali Davy said:

I've never seen take off config flaps 3 for a320

Taken from the FCOM, allowed for takeoff in the A320 family are flaps config 1+F; 2; 3.

Looking at another table, also taken from the FCOM, Airbus recommends conf. 2/3 takeoffs, as well as maximum (TOGA) thrust takeoffs at times.

So it isn't uncommon to have flaps 2/3 as well as TOGA trust takeoffs. I just flew BIO-STR this morning and out of BIO FSL calculated Conf2+TOGA and If I had used a derated takeoff thrust, It would really have been a close one. Not much runway left even with TOGA. 

As stated above the FSLabs takeoff calculations are more comprehensive than any online calculator. Also as stated above if you for whatever reason want to use a different Flaps setting you can do so by manually selecting it from OPT to whatever conf you want. 

And also what exactly do you mean by "wrong takeoff data"? 

• Like 1