Autobrake not working

Thomas Franckaert

Thomas Franckaert

Hi Folks,

I have the latest version installed of the Fslabs 320 for P3D4.5. I arm the spoilers and set autobrake to max. When I close the throttles the blue light switches off and the plane is not decelerating unless I apply brakes myself. I use the thrustmaster T1600M set. 

Does anyone could help me out.

Thanks a lot.

Christoph Sebek

Hey Thomas,

You might want to post it in the Master Series section, as no support is given in the general forum.

Perhaps an admin can move your topic to the suitable section.

Autobrake max is not suitable for landing and as far as im aware not selectable. 
probably due to software limitations you can select it but wont work on landing. 
its not boeing ;). Medium is more than enough for any runway a 320 can land. 

Ah okay :) 

i suspect maybe a lag spike from your hardware what could cause it. As a simple test you could play around with the deadzone on your brake axis and see what happens. 
ive not seen this happen in my sim. 
worth a try :)

Chris Frasure

Mine don't work on landing anymore either.  I've found that they do work for me if I wait for them to engage before reverse thrust.  If I add reverse thrust before they engage, they will not come on...

Alexandre Kubatko
2 hours ago, Chris Frasure said:

Mine don't work on landing anymore either.  I've found that they do work for me if I wait for them to engage before reverse thrust.  If I add reverse thrust before they engage, they will not come on...

Just to make sure, you do know that the "DECEL" green light has nothing to do with the autobrake "working" or not, right ?

Chris Frasure
Just to make sure, you do know that the "DECEL" green light has nothing to do with the autobrake "working" or not, right ?

The light on the switch itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alexandre Kubatko
2 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

No!!!!!! Please enlighten me.

I've always found this odd from Airbus to do this.

When you select autobrake LO or MED, you command a deceleration rate. If you engage full reverse thrust, the plane will use less brake for instance (if need be).
The DECEL green light indicates that 80% of the selected deceleration rate is reached, so it may take some time to show sometimes.

Btw, when pilots say "Spoilers, reverse green, decel" they do not refer to the green light (or should not) but rather to the deceleration felt + confirmed by the PFD speed trend :D

• Like 1
Chris Frasure
I've always found this odd from Airbus to do this.

When you select autobrake LO or MED, you command a deceleration rate. If you engage full reverse thrust, the plane will use less brake for instance (if need be).
The DECEL green light indicates that 80% of the selected deceleration rate is reached, so it may take some time to show sometimes.

Btw, when pilots say "Spoilers, reverse green, decel" they do not refer to the green light (or should not) but rather to the deceleration felt + confirmed by the PFD speed trend

So yes I knew the end of your explanation. I didn’t know about the light! Thanks so so much. No wonder it comes on if I wait to add reverse. Lol

• Like 1