A320 performance question

Frederik Verpoest

Frederik Verpoest

Upon visiting the FSLabs stand at the FlightSimShow in Cosford, I was blown away by the A320-X. I currently fly only PMDG aircraft, and would like to expand my fleet to include a320. The amount of realism makes the a320 very appealing. However, before purchasing I had a question about the performance.

I have been told that my computer is capable of running the addon however I wanted to check with other users. 

I currently run FSX:SE on complete default, except for some REX ground and sky textures, as well as some freeware sceneries, (SunSkyJet KPHL), and the UK2000 demo freewares I use.

Specs:

I5-9600k @3.7gHZ

RTX 2060

16gb RAM DDR4

I currently get around 25-32 fps in the PMDG 744 at UK2000 Heathrow and around 27-40 at UK2000 Gatwick, what would be a reasonable estimate for the FSLabs? I am aware this is system dependent.

Also, if you have any FPS tips they would be VERY much appreciated

Thanks for your inputs!

Christoph Sebek

Probably won't have as much fun in FSX as in V4, as Koen mentioned, the 32bit platform easily runs out of memory and is limited. So the FSL probably won't bring you as much joy as you would expect it. But cannot really speak for it because I left FSX behind looong time ago. 

Ramon De Valencia
15 hours ago, Frederik Verpoest said:

Upon visiting the FSLabs stand at the FlightSimShow in Cosford, I was blown away by the A320-X. I currently fly only PMDG aircraft, and would like to expand my fleet to include a320. The amount of realism makes the a320 very appealing. However, before purchasing I had a question about the performance.

I have been told that my computer is capable of running the addon however I wanted to check with other users. 

I currently run FSX:SE on complete default, except for some REX ground and sky textures, as well as some freeware sceneries, (SunSkyJet KPHL), and the UK2000 demo freewares I use.

Specs:

I5-9600k @3.7gHZ

RTX 2060

16gb RAM DDR4

I currently get around 25-32 fps in the PMDG 744 at UK2000 Heathrow and around 27-40 at UK2000 Gatwick, what would be a reasonable estimate for the FSLabs? I am aware this is system dependent.

Also, if you have any FPS tips they would be VERY much appreciated

Thanks for your inputs!

with that system you can really enjoy p3d v4. Also, that CPU can easily overclocked to 4.8ghz which is more than enough to fly the A320X with better graphics that the fsx.

maybe you won't make the decision because of the addons you have already bought for the fsx, and also having a new sim around the corner will not help either. but definitely p3d v4 is the best simulator right now. 

Artur Araripe

The 9600k and the 2060 are more than enough to run the A320-X. But FSX:SE is sort of a dead platform right now, meaning devs will eventually stop (most already did) supporting it. I'd recommend upgrading to P3D v4 and getting the A319-X as well. You won't ever want to fly anything else again. FSL is so complete right out of the box that everything else will look dull and toyish.

You can do pretty much everything that a real pilot needs to do before taking off. It's absurdly immersive. Just like the real thing, except you don't get paid, and can fly to wherever you want when you feel like doing so and make your own "schedule".  Flexible :P

I wouldn't worry too much about MSFS2020 either, despite it being right around the corner. It will take a while until high quality payware stuff start coming out for it, as it takes time for them to convert and also implement the native features like dynamic icing and stuff. So, P3D v4 is still going to be the place to be for study level aircraft for at least 6-10 months after msfs2020 is out. Maybe even more.

FSX:SE, though... I abandoned it myself last year because most of my favorite addon developers were about to drop 32 bit support.

Edgar Luis Predabon Jr

I have a I5-8600K Overclocked to 3.8GHz and a GTX1070.

With P3D V4.5 and FSLabs I can get about 20-30 fps depending on the wheater/scenery.

I recomend you upgrading to P3D too. I would never get this performance and grafics in FSX.

Mar:kus Czie:gler

Hi Frederik,

I also used to fly on FSX for a long time (like most of us have :-) ) but there is no reason to NOT change to P3Dv4.x.

The 9600k can be overclocked to 4GHz+ at least and i think that is necessary for having fun with P3D and FSLabs as well.

Greets,

Markus