Simbrief | Tropo with historical weather

Stu Antonio

HI there,

I asked this over in the simbrief forum but I got no response. So maybe one of you guys know this: 

- When I plan a flight with live/current weather in simbrief, I get different tropopause heights for every waypoint, which is realistic I guess.
- But when I use historical weather, simbrief will always gives me 36000 ft. for the tropopause, over the complete flightplan.

My guess is that ActiveSky (which is the needed source for historical weahter) just doesn't provide this data... Am I correct? 

Thanks for any comments,
Stu

Alexandre Kubatko

Careful with the tropopause, it's not simulated in the FSLabs and known to cause issues (like the CRZ Temp field) so I'm leaving these fields out for now.

First point is correct, for the second I think it's as well correct (I don't even think tropopause is simulated in P3D anyway). You would need to ask HiFi :D

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

Careful with the tropopause, it's not simulated in the FSLabs and known to cause issues (like the CRZ Temp field) so I'm leaving these fields out for now.

First point is correct, for the second I think it's as well correct (I don't even think tropopause is simulated in P3D anyway). You would need to ask HiFi :D

Oh really? Thanks, I wasn't aware that we should leave this alone due to issues. I usually insert the TROPO according th my OFP, although I already suspected that it's not simulated in P3D anyway... but you know... it's part of the prep :)

Okay, I will just ignore it then.

Merci!
Stu

• Like 1