New MS FSim

phil highton

phil highton

I've spent literally thousands of £'s on P3D and FSX over the years , what are we  going to do when this thing comes out ?, I will obviously wanna have it , but not wanna have . Lockheed up the game fellas , my wife will divorce me ! B)

• Haha 1
Artur Araripe

I'm gonna wait for a bit before getting it. Are they gonna release a proper SDK? Are we gonna have nice study level addons there? It's too early, still. I know, 2020 is right behind the corner, but then again, a lot could happen in the meantime. What if Lockheed Martin buys the code again for Prepar3d, releasing their own version focusing solely on actual simulation rather than simulation and entertainment? It's a possibility. Fact is, it's gonna be huge. It's undeniable. Whether it's gonna be huge for us actual simmers or for casuals, that's a whole new question. But from the casual standpoint i'd say it's gonna be a huge success. I really hope they embrace the hardcore simming community and provide a proper SDK. Imagine Flight Sim 2020 with the FSL Airbus in 4k, 60 fps and that AMAZING world scenery. Boy, I would kill for that!

Gotta give it some time. Only the future will bring the answers we have been waiting for. Thanks god we have something pretty good to keep us distracted as we wait ;) 

phil highton

I agree with more IS better and flight simming has never been better I love it right now, but can we really support yet another platform , not sure if  the community is big enough to support P3D / XP/ and around the corner MS, don't get me wrong I hope the new MSFS is a success , but I've invested Sooooo much now in P3D Iam kind of sad that all the money and time I've spent getting my simming experience to the best it can be , I n the end may overshadowed by the new boy on the block , not sure if I can justify to myself starting  all over again with MS :(

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

If you think about it, you are already gonna be saving on scenery (whole world streamed in real time), aircraft (default planes won't be that bad). And once it's out, it doesn't mean P3D v4.5 and X-Plane 11 will be rendered useless. Not at all! It's just another option for us to choose from! Doesn't mean you wasted money on P3D addons or anything. It will remain a pretty solid simulator, and the FSL bus you have for it will remain excellent and definitely better than any aircraft that MSFS2020 might have. The games can coexist. 

Also, if it's something that makes you happy, like it makes most of us, it's never a waste of money. Let's call it an investment ;) 

Peter Pukhnoy
7 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

FSL bus you have for it will remain excellent and definitely better than any aircraft that MSFS2020 might have

Surely not better than the FSL bus for MSFS 2020?

Artur Araripe

We don't even know if it's gonna happen yet. What if it's a completely different engine and porting it over takes too much effort? Only the future will tell.