CTD Question

Brad Zimmer

Brad Zimmer

I fly the 320/319 exclusively so that is why I am posting here but I can say this is a non FSlabs related issue.  I just wanted to post here to get a feeling for what you all think.  My last 2 flights I got a ctd shortly after takeoff and right before.  Both were out of different airports with different weather conditions.  I think it is because I increased my display setting around to match R&Ds setting from his site.  Could a ctd happen because my settings are too high for my pc?  If not, how can I figure out what caused this?

Sabine Meier

Well out of memory crashes arent removed with v4 of p3d but reduced. High settings with an aircraft requiring quite some power could result in an OOM. Do check the event viewer in windows that gives a clue as well.

Brad Zimmer
1 hour ago, koen meier said:

Well out of memory crashes arent removed with v4 of p3d but reduced. High settings with an aircraft requiring quite some power could result in an OOM. Do check the event viewer in windows that gives a clue as well.

Ok.  What should I be looking for in the event viewer that would help me determine?  Also, I don't think I got any OOM warnings like I have in the past.  I'm not too technical so when I look at things like that it might be foreign to me.

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

CTDs can stem from a wide variety of reasons and the more addons you have, the more likely it is something will go wrong.

No one can seriously hunt down the reason for your crash without any further details. Most importantly the addons you were using and the changes you had made to any default settings, and that may include hardware tweaks (OC?) as well.

Even then, there's a good chance you won't be able to get to the root of it.

I'd first try with a list of your addons (not just scenery) and with an attempt to recall when did those CTDs start, and what exactly did you add just prior to that.