will only lettered gates show up in the arrival gate info?

Hardik Ramnani

Hardik Ramnani

So I am working on stands.ini for an airline, and am kinda stuck on VRMM airport since they don't really have any proper mentioned stands instead its usually called open1, open2, if i enter "VRMM=OPEN1,OPEN2" will this show up in the atsu for arrival gate info? can other stuff be typed in as well to replace?

Markus Burkhard

In cases like VRMM with no gates designation, don't put that airport into the stands.ini file at all. IRL you would not get a message with a gate info for that airport, simply because there's no info to send. You just land, ATC tells you something like "vacate via taxiway x, taxi to main apron and look out for marshaller". 

So simply ignore all airports with no published stand numbers.

Hardik Ramnani
2 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

In cases like VRMM with no gates designation, don't put that airport into the stands.ini file at all. IRL you would not get a message with a gate info for that airport, simply because there's no info to send. You just land, ATC tells you something like "vacate via taxiway x, taxi to main apron and look out for marshaller". 

So simply ignore all airports with no published stand numbers.

roger

Alexandre Kubatko

@koen meier @Hardik Ramnani

So I tried to input a space and it works.

image.png.eaa35cdf491a240f22f92c75b3136ca4.png

@Markus Burkhard Although, would the crew receive this kind of message ? Or would it be either a message with a stand number or no message at all ? 
In Innsbruck as there are no published stands I guess we wouldn't receive anything at all as you said above, but let's assume we land into an airport with published stands.

Hardik Ramnani
2 hours ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

@koen meier @Hardik Ramnani

So I tried to input a space and it works.

image.png.eaa35cdf491a240f22f92c75b3136ca4.png

@Markus Burkhard Although, would the crew receive this kind of message ? Or would it be either a message with a stand number or no message at all ? 
In Innsbruck as there are no published stands I guess we wouldn't receive anything at all as you said above, but let's assume we land into an airport with published stands.

Thanks so just to confirm the format would be XXXX=BY ATC