Recommended GSX Setting

Hardik Ramnani

Hardik Ramnani

Hello!

I went through the recommended GSX settings for the latest update, is it possible to leave the density settings at "very dense"? how does it affect fslabs? since Normal takes hell loads of time to load in the PAX

Regards

Markus Burkhard

You may use whatever density settings you like. It's just that with using "very dense" the boarding process is completed quite a bit faster compared to a real aircraft.

Hardik Ramnani
Just now, Markus Burkhard said:

You may use whatever density settings you like. It's just that with using "very dense" the boarding process is completed quite a bit faster compared to a real aircraft.

thanks! i'll leave it as mentioned in the manual then 

Markus Burkhard
Just now, Hardik Ramnani said:

thanks! i'll leave it as mentioned in the manual then 

We're actually thinking about amending the manual to recommend "normal" or "dense", as the latter can also be considered as a realistic boarding time.

Hardik Ramnani
4 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

We're actually thinking about amending the manual to recommend "normal" or "dense", as the latter can also be considered as a realistic boarding time.

Yep I think that is something that should be done as well to avoid any confusion :)

• Like 1
Simon Dettling

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Where exactly is the Passenger Density Slider located? I can't find it anywhere in the GSX Settings.

Or is this setting specifically for GSX Level 2? I'm currently using v1.

Thanks.

Sabine Meier
3 minutes ago, Simon Dettling said:

Sorry for hijacking this thread. Where exactly is the Passenger Density Slider located? I can't find it anywhere in the GSX Settings.

Thanks.

it might just be for gsx level2 because that has animated passengers.

Simon Dettling
Just now, koen meier said:

it might just be for gsx level2 because that has animated passengers.

Thought that. Thanks for the reply.

Hardik Ramnani
7 hours ago, Simon Dettling said:

Thanks.

only for GSX L2 mate

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Eamonn Jawhary

I am using the latest version of the a320/a319 (352). When i use Dense setting in the GSX settings the performance weight estimations are incorrect (above the max allowed). Anyone else have this issue?

Sabine Meier
1 minute ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

I am using the latest version of the a320/a319 (352). When i use Dense setting in the GSX settings the performance weight estimations are incorrect (above the max allowed). Anyone else have this issue?

Have a look at the atsu section there is a post about zfw above max zfw

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Peter Pukhnoy

Before using Level 2 I configured the settings so that boarding would be completed in 15-20 minutes and deboarding in 5-10 minutes depending on the passenger numbers. Now with Level 2 it seems that deboarding isn't much faster than boarding. Am I mistaken in assuming it should be faster? Can someone familiar with the real world operations comment?

Artur Araripe

It's usually not faster. People trying to get their bags from the overhead bin, blocking others that already got theirs, leading to a 15 minute jam that feels endless. Been there done that. It's the worst part of flying TBH

So I think it evens out ;)

• Like 1
phil highton

yes the timings set at dense are more realistic , as been said before at least with gsx you don't lost/late passengers, dispatchers with incorrect load sheets other unexpected delays, yeah dense seems pretty good to me, I find set at normal its a little tedious !

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

Normal setting feels like it's a bunch of 90 year olds trying to board the plane. Takes an eternity :lol:

I have been using Dense for a while and it's realistic enough. The only thing that triggers me is that sometimes the first bus is actually a small van that somehow fits over 40 people in there :blink:

phil highton

Yeah it is lol , it's like the Guinness book of records show when they squeezed 23 Chinese gymnasts in a mini :D, my old school bus was like that lol

• Like 1
Artur Araripe

My university bus is always like that when i am not like 10 minutes late at least. PACKED. Twice as much as it should actually carry. Sardine Can Experience Simulator 2019 haha

phil highton

Also looks like the aircraft toilets are U/S looking at the pax when they disembark :huh:, but hey still love it lol

• Like 1