A320X Performance discuss

Larry Shao

Hello there,

I've been working on the sim tweak ever since I started flight sim. The process was enjoyable, especially when the performance heading to the right way. For P3Dv4, I made the sim just smooth like silk with all favorite addons installed. But until I met Fslab A320, It gave me hard time since I really like it.

If you have tried to improve the performance for it, you should've noticed that no matter what settings you set in the sim will not give you any satisfactory. (you might have a bit better fps with lower settings, but not stable like others).The MSAA and SSAA made it no difference, to me at daytime, SSAA works better than MSAA for any other A/C addon. I also tested when I installed it into a new clean p3dv4 environment with everything default. The result was not acceptable.

By the way, just clarify that I'm locking my fps at 31 with the monitor refresh rate at 30hz. (I think Luke had a topic about it.), So I am not looking for higher fps but stable fps. A320x is the best addon aircraft every on the market, BUT, if the fps can not stay at 30, everything is just a waste.

i7-6700K (OC @ 4.5GHz)/GTX 1080x2(SLI) /Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7/32GB Ram DDR4/CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115iPRO 

It's not a super high end PC since in 2019, However, I have my other aircraft running solid. I mean fslab is flyable, but with those stutters since fps up and down, I wouldn't have it out of the hanger. 

So, I just want to ask any of you who running your fslab products smooth or having fps right about 30 or above just like you PMDGs? 

Any info or experience would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Larry

1 hour ago, Danny Wright said:

Why lock the fps? Depending on where I am with heavy cloud ect my fps can drop to 15/20 with no stutters everything runs smooth as silk.

As I set the monitor refresh rate to 30, then Vsync is on. All I need is no more than 31 fps to get smooth performance. I set at unlimited at first, honestly there's no too much difference. But everything beyond that point is a waste, though. There is nothing would really affect the performance since it's not too hard to reach 30 fps. Fslab320 though, different story. That's why I am looking for a solution. 

Matt Piotrowski

I have the same problems as you. Every aircraft from qualitywings to pmdg run beautifully on my system and butter smooth. Once I fly the FSlabs my sim runs bad with a lot of stutters. It's not unflyable but it takes away from the experience. I tried HT on and off, while HT off is better but still not smooth. I tried SSAA and MSAA and I see no difference.

• Like 1

My experiences are higher fps generally with the setting at "UNLIMITED". And even when fps drops temporarily below 30 or even 20 its smooth with the Bus.

PC: HT Off, P3D-V4.4, i7-4790, 16GB, GTX1080Ti

Matt Piotrowski
51 minutes ago, Hajo Horst said:

My experiences are higher fps generally with the setting at "UNLIMITED". And even when fps drops temporarily below 30 or even 20 its smooth with the Bus.

What HZ monitor do you use?

Ramon De Valencia
On 4/1/2019 at 10:48 PM, Larry Shao said:

Hello there,

I've been working on the sim tweak ever since I started flight sim. The process was enjoyable, especially when the performance heading to the right way. For P3Dv4, I made the sim just smooth like silk with all favorite addons installed. But until I met Fslab A320, It gave me hard time since I really like it.

If you have tried to improve the performance for it, you should've noticed that no matter what settings you set in the sim will not give you any satisfactory. (you might have a bit better fps with lower settings, but not stable like others).The MSAA and SSAA made it no difference, to me at daytime, SSAA works better than MSAA for any other A/C addon. I also tested when I installed it into a new clean p3dv4 environment with everything default. The result was not acceptable.

By the way, just clarify that I'm locking my fps at 31 with the monitor refresh rate at 30hz. (I think Luke had a topic about it.), So I am not looking for higher fps but stable fps. A320x is the best addon aircraft every on the market, BUT, if the fps can not stay at 30, everything is just a waste.

i7-6700K (OC @ 4.5GHz)/GTX 1080x2(SLI) /Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7/32GB Ram DDR4/CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115iPRO 

It's not a super high end PC since in 2019, However, I have my other aircraft running solid. I mean fslab is flyable, but with those stutters since fps up and down, I wouldn't have it out of the hanger. 

So, I just want to ask any of you who running your fslab products smooth or having fps right about 30 or above just like you PMDGs? 

Any info or experience would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Larry

I had these problems before.

I also has my TV at 30 and Vsync & TB On. With all other aircraft I lock the FPS at 33 (you use 31 which is almost the same) but with the A320X I just run unlimited keeping Vsync and TB ON, you will still have your FPS running at 30. For some reason A320X runs a lot smoother and you will get rid off the annoying stutters and will hardly drop from 30.

Now, By running unlimited I started to have the blurry terrain issue after 1-2 hours into the flight because I had unlocked the FPS (Still Vsync and TB ON with my TV at 30), therefore my only solution was to move the autogen distance to normal as well as veg and buildings sliders to the left. It improved a little bit but at the end the blurries where annoying.

What I am doing now is locking the fps at 33 (Vsync and TB ON) and I am running Dynamic FFTF with 0.01 at ground and 0.20 above 3.000ft. that has helped me a lot keeping an stable and stutters free A320X.

I still hope that with the new update coming "soon" we can have some improvements in performance. But anyway this is the best add-on by far in P3D.

Matt Piotrowski
14 hours ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

I had these problems before.

I also has my TV at 30 and Vsync & TB On. With all other aircraft I lock the FPS at 33 (you use 31 which is almost the same) but with the A320X I just run unlimited keeping Vsync and TB ON, you will still have your FPS running at 30. For some reason A320X runs a lot smoother and you will get rid off the annoying stutters and will hardly drop from 30.

Now, By running unlimited I started to have the blurry terrain issue after 1-2 hours into the flight because I had unlocked the FPS (Still Vsync and TB ON with my TV at 30), therefore my only solution was to move the autogen distance to normal as well as veg and buildings sliders to the left. It improved a little bit but at the end the blurries where annoying.

What I am doing now is locking the fps at 33 (Vsync and TB ON) and I am running Dynamic FFTF with 0.01 at ground and 0.20 above 3.000ft. that has helped me a lot keeping an stable and stutters free A320X.

I still hope that with the new update coming "soon" we can have some improvements in performance. But anyway this is the best add-on by far in P3D.

Do you use the in-game limiter or Nvidia Inspector?

On 4/4/2019 at 2:45 AM, Hajo Horst said:

It seems like with HT off A320x doing a lot better in VC. However meanwhile, you might lost fps outside of airplane since those virtual threads were supposed to load scenery much faster. Plus, with HT off from my side, I no longer can run other addon a/c smooth like before. I would say, unless you got at least 6 cores with minimum stable 4.5ghz at the clock, you have to change the settings or pick the performance side before you jump into the cockpit.