Control through LVARS?

Bill Hamilton

Bill Hamilton

Is there any way, either currently existing or planned, to control these beautiful lights through existing cockpit switches, or through an LVAR?  That would top-off this thing with a cherry!  I could reprogram the existing switches to control various groups and replace the nasty cockpit and cabin lighting in my modifications.  I do major modifications (freeware) primarily to Carenado products. 

• Like 1
Bill Hamilton

I was more referring to clickable cockpit switches, not hardware switches.  In other words, using an existing cockpit lighting switch in the VC to control FSL Spotlights rather than or in addition to the OEM lighting in the add-on.  I can go into the model with a hex editor (I have Carenado's permission to do this as long as my mods are freeware, which they are) and change variables for just about anything.  If I had an LVAR that would control FSL Spotlights, I could assign it to a VC clickable light switch.  If desired, the user could assign an FSUIPC macro for hardware control, but it wouldn't be required.  Most OEM lighting is so nasty and convoluted, this program would essentially take over cockpit lighting IMO.  It certainly would in my mods. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Boris Pilecki

I use Spotlights with PMDG's NGX, and it's a huge improvement over the OEM cockpit lighting :mellow:

As I am also building a "semi" hardware cockpit and the question has already been raised, I use this topic: Is it possible to control Spotlights though LVARS or offsets to attach hardware switches (and maybe even dim controls)?

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
Alexey Klyuchko

Hello. I also join the question of colleagues. I am developing a new model for P3D v4.xx and I would like to use these wonderful effects in it. The first page says about the programming interface (API), but nowhere is there a description of the functions or the correspondence of programmable commands. Could the developers help us do this with at least a small SDK on the interface? And if it would be possible to control through LVAR variables at least groups of elements, then it would be generally wonderful.
Regards, I think from all the developers.

2019-11-11_062330.png

• 2 weeks later...
Alexey Klyuchko

M_i_k_e_V_o_g 

Prior to that, I was involved in porting and modifying the SCS Tu-134A-3 model in FSX / P3D v .3. And now I am creating a new model of this aircraft. In it, I would like to make it possible to install and configure FSL Spolights from a virtual cockpit, as in a real prototype, without resorting to the Spotlights window menu. I think that introducing L: variables or the possibility of assigning them for fire control would be a very good factor that is likely to increase the demand for FSL Spolights, and its donation system will increase due to the spread to other additions that point to this.

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

@KAI31

This is obviously not for me to answer (or know), but I didn't see any indication that they are going to open any hooks or Lvars for the utility.

If I remember correctly, the SCS 134 was mostly built around XML gauges and some of Stepan Gritsevskys gauges from the AN-24. I wonder if there is a chance of porting those over to the 64 bit platform or if everything needs to be built again from scratch

Alexey Klyuchko
2 hours ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

This is obviously not for me to answer (or know), but I didn't see any indication that they are going to open any hooks or Lvars for the utility

Yes. And, unfortunately, the developers did not.

2 hours ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

If I remember correctly, the SCS 134 was mostly built around XML gauges and some of Stepan Gritsevskys gauges from the AN-24. I wonder if there is a chance of porting those over to the 64 bit platform or if everything needs to be built again from scratch

XML works regardless of the bit depth of the platform. And the entire navigation complex SCS is written in C ++ with devices by Stepan Gritsevsky. I will convert all C ++ devices to XML and will only read the RSBN navigation database using XML Tools. I started writing new devices in C ++, but as a result of monitoring XML had less impact on FPS, so in the end I will focus on XML.

Alexey Klyuchko
30 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@KAI31

Please change your forum name to be your real name thanks.

KAI31 is my nickname on all forums. My name is Alexey Klyuchko. If it’s convenient for you, I’ll change my nickname in a name after 30 days.