How is the A321 coming along?

Marc Stanford

Marc Stanford

Hey family

How is the A321 coming along? will we see a release maybe before or at summer? I'm going to assume the silence is because the team is busy.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Remains one last question: Why is @Andrew Wilson not sharing it to us yet....

Good question, Andrew has definitely got my attention 

IMG_20190205_083752.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lars Hajema said:

Good question, Andrew has definitely got my attention 

IMG_20190205_083752.jpg

Thats surely a better meme though :D Awesome and made me laugh even at work :D

Marc Stanford

There was a stream about a FMGS with ground temp values and a bit of the A321 so now we know its in a flyable state, maybe the next few months?

Really want the A321 especially for this summer

Bill Brewer

Any plans of doing the Neo planes in future ?  My understanding my 2nd Favorite Airline JetBlue has bought NEO version planes with those Bigger Engines on them.. They have them on order.. Just wondering after A321 if you plan on bringing on the NEO as well so I can add them too my JetBlue Fleet.. 

Also hint hint.. I think you guys would do an awsome A220 aircraft.. Hope maybe see a A220 in future time from FSLabs..  JetBlue is also got them on order as well.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Very much doubt the 220 would ever be taken up. It’s basically a completely different aircraft. Wasn’t it Bombardier? Whatever it is, it isn’t a ‘bus in the truest sense. 

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
3 hours ago, Bill Brewer said:

Its ok.. Someone told me of couple places making the A220.. My focus for these guys after 321 is getting a NEO done, now that is an Airbus..

After the neo they will do the winglet variants. Then, i will tell them to do the 330. After that? Im yet to make my mind but most likely the A350. No promises. Im yet to decide. 

Matthew Simmons
6 minutes ago, J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S said:

After the neo they will do the winglet variants. Then, i will tell them to do the 330. After that? Im yet to make my mind but most likely the A350. No promises. Im yet to decide. 

If that was a joke, it flew right over my head, but they aren't your slaves ;).

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
54 minutes ago, Matthew Simmons said:

If that was a joke, it flew right over my head, but they aren't your slaves ;).

Ours. I can share :)

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S said:

? I think they will do the winglet version before any NEO.
But nevermind - it makes no sense about guessing whats next etc. as they never said something :D

Lets just wait for the next update + the A321 which is already A LOT! :)

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
30 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

? I think they will do the winglet version before any NEO.
But nevermind - it makes no sense about guessing whats next etc. as they never said something :D

Lets just wait for the next update + the A321 which is already A LOT! :)

Ohhh you're right, my bad :wacko: i got confused. 

What i wanted to say was that after the 321 they will do the winglet variants.

• 2 weeks later...
David Norfolk

Just so people know, a NEO variant hasn't been confirmed. I do believe that Andy said something like it could be a possibility as it's something he'd like to do. But don't expect anything like that until the shark variants are done at least

Frederic Nadot

NEO aircrafts have exactly the same cockpit as CEO excepted some more push buttons and EIS software.

Timm Rehberg
10 hours ago, Frederic Nadot said:

NEO aircrafts have exactly the same cockpit as CEO excepted some more push buttons and EIS software.

Cool info. So the changes in the system or the buttons will take their time to programm.
Every more function has several impacts to others.
In addition there are new engine types, improved fuel burn, and all the NEO benefits.

And in fact that FSL will only do the Sharklets versions, I think to speak about the NEO already is quiet early.

Luca vom Bruch
16 hours ago, Frederic Nadot said:

Yeah but new cockpits look new.

Frederic Nadot
8 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Cool info. So the changes in the system or the buttons will take their time to programm.
Every more function has several impacts to others.
In addition there are new engine types, improved fuel burn, and all the NEO benefits.

And in fact that FSL will only do the Sharklets versions, I think to speak about the NEO already is quiet early.

On CEO aircrafts, it is possible to get the "Backup Seed Scale"  feature by switching all ADR OFF. On NEOs, a push button has been added on each side just beside the PFD.

Another "cool" feature is only present on PW aircrafts: the dual cooling feature witch allows to crank both engines at the same time on start sequence. Sometimes, this procedure can take up to 2 minutes/engine. On the very first engines (already 3 years ago, this could take up to 7 minutes/engine). Imagine pilots mind when pushing back from the gate already late and having to wait almost 15 mn for all engines running.

The dual cooling feature divides by 2 the startup time. 

170709101150928007.jpg

258 A320NEO cockpit.jpg

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
Norman Blackburn
20 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Any progress, it must come this year.

Hello Marc,

Work continues.  We don’t have a timescale.

• Like 1