Few questions about the A320-X.

Marton Matyas

Marton Matyas

Hello everybody.

First I need to say sorry because my english is really bad. :( At this time I don't have the A320-X but I want to buy it. I was see the last update post in the "Update A3xx 64Bit" thread and I was read an interesting thing in the text "....on our new A320-X model...." I was see some photo of the A320-X and the fuselage has a faded-plastic-like texture (or I don't know how to say). This model will be have new fuselage textures? Becuse I read and some people recommend to use the TomatoShade for solution but on my PC the Dynamic Reflection "breaking my fps for four piece" and its annoying. :wacko:

Thanks for the replies and have a nice weekend! ;)

Markus Burkhard

Can you be a bit more specific about which screenshots you think the textures look "faded"? 

You don't need any Tomato Shade or other tools for the model and textures to look great. But of course the shader tweaks can make things look better. However that's not because our model or textures have flaws, that improvement applies to all aircraft within P3D. 

• Like 1
Marton Matyas

I asked my friend (he have the A320-X) to make some screenshot. He compared the FSL with the AS. 

-As you can see on the FSL fuselage the colors are faded and the sun reflection is all of the fusealge except on the windows.

-On the AS you can see the colors are more powerful (I guess have more contrast.) and the sun reflection only on some point which makes more realistic.

Both screenshot was maked without HDR lightning.

2019-1-7_19-16-12-827.thumb.jpg.b4d6fd259ba50b167ddc78915ad52840.jpg2019-2-3_21-42-23-363.thumb.jpg.01e4fe62850c3d6beae3e88e95476235.jpg

the bottom one is the aerosoft, my modest opinion: it looks cheap and frankly sloppy. 

just looking at it i'd pick, FSL anytime, if it would be only for the details on the fuselage. 

as Markus said, you can tweak the look with something like tomatoshade or pta etc, but seeing both pictures stock P3D the FSL beats AS on every level.

Edit: you just see the quality difference by just looking at it. AS is just no where near FSL quality of liveries. 

Marton Matyas
17 minutes ago, Mark Visch said:

FSL beats AS on every level.

I know. I was tried this plane on my friend computer and it was amazing what the FSL made with this aircraft (Systems, cockpit, model, sounds, etc.. ARE WOW!) but the fuselage text is a disappointment (for me). I never want to disparagement the FSL works because I see this team works hard with this aircraft... but for me the fuselage text is need a bit more work.:) 

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, James Goggi said:

I hope in the coming update all liveries will have the windows shades...

That would be up to the talented painters.

Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

Norman, please, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks to me that even the official liveries that can be downloaded from this site don't have them?

Norman Blackburn

Not being one to go looking I can't say which do and which do not.  Pretty sure I saw some painted by the community.  

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Vasilis liveries don't have shades. John tavendale and christian mohr do on the other hand show them.

I think its a good thing that we can  have both.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I think that it would be an amazing feature to add "dynamic shades" to have them full open during takeoff and landings even though some passengers don’t do it :p and maybe some of them closed during cruise ;)