92 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary FS platform?

• FSX
    • X-Plane
    • P3D
    • Other

Karl Schaller
2 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

I think the results you will get here are going to be skewed, given that our products are P3D mainly and FSX secondarily...

... and You (Philippe) should add a 5th choice: P3D v4.x (64bit)

Philippe Dosne
7 hours ago, Charly Schaller said:

... and You (Philippe) should add a 5th choice: P3D v4.x (64bit)

I didn't really want to dive down into versions. I was mostly interested in knowing how many people were still using the FSX platform versus others. I like numbers so that is very interesting. It's also interesting to note the X-Plane number.

8 minutes ago, Philippe Dosne said:

I didn't really want to dive down into versions. I was mostly interested in knowing how many people were still using the FSX platform versus others. I like numbers so that is very interesting. It's also interesting to note the X-Plane number.

Navigraph just published the results of their survey. Which can be seen on their blog. This also shows what the main sims are currently.

Norman Blackburn

I would caution treating any survey that doesn't authenticate submissions.   Statistics from VAs and online multiplayer networks would suggest something very different from the above survey.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I would caution treating any survey that doesn't authenticate submissions.   Statistics from VAs and online multiplayer networks would suggest something very different from the above survey.

True but let’s not get into research design and ethics.

Karl Schaller
12 hours ago, Dmitrij Nazarenko said:

...  but also thinking about giving X-Plane a try (again).

I think also, but the addons for XP11 are very sparse at the moment. Maybe in one year there will be on the same level like P3D v4.x

Next is, I payed many hundreds of Euros for P3D-addons... :/

Dmitrij Nazarenko
7 hours ago, Charly Schaller said:

I think also, but the addons for XP11 are very sparse at the moment. Maybe in one year there will be on the same level like P3D v4.x

Next is, I payed many hundreds of Euros for P3D-addons... :/

Nah, XP addon collection isn't as bad as it used to be and with rise in popularity its addon collection is contentiously growing. Let's also not forget a lot of high quality freeware addons. Maybe there's nothing like FSL A320 series on it, but it has its strengths in other places, i.e. retro jest (727, 737-200).

My plan for now is to stick to freeware mainly, luckily there's no shortage there (Zibo 737, plenty of high quality freeware sceneries), with maybe an exception for a few paid addons (i.e. ASXP), and see how it goes from there.

I too have a big collection of P3D addons, but if I end up liking XP11 more, I may leave P3D there it is, and focus on XP11, with P3D left to fly the aircraft which are not available on XP11 in a quality I would like them to be in.

I love XP too but I have to say the payware addons support is terrible. I have Airfoil C172 and FFA320 and I haven't heard of them almost in a year(there is no competition), also I can't live without my PMDG 777 and 747.