Considering to buy A320 / Some questions.

Arthur van Ancum

Arthur van Ancum

Hi,

I consider to buy the beautifully A320 but I have some questions:

According to the recommended system requirements a CPU with Passmark score 8000 should be sufficient. I have a new AMD Ryzen 5 2400G cpu. According to the Passmark score it should be around the 9000 . Personally I'm afraid it is still the limit. Are there any other users who are using this CPU?

Besides that I have an GPU GTX 1080 (not the Ti) version.

What do you guys think? OK enough to fly the A320?

On the other hand I'm wondering if the A320 is provided with a tutorial flight manual for the first steps. I always use those tutorials from other add-ons as a good starter.

Thanks in advance for any reply's.

//Arthur

I have a i7 6700k (not OC). It's absolutely fine. FSL is one of those developers where it is more important to have your whole system (windows, P3D, Graphic card) match well and run smooth rather than shooting the CPU to the stars. If you experience stutters or lags don't go for other hardware at the first place but look into your system where and how you might be able to tweak. The NVIDIA Control Panel is a very good tool for you to make P3D run smoothly. With your Graphic card and that CPU you really should go well. Make sure though that you have sufficient RAM. I personally wouldn''t go below 16GB with a good speed. And then of course an SSD is a big win.

Edit: and yes, there is a very good tutorial flight. But make sure you read the intro manual and the installation guide. they are really important. There is no FCOM included but honestly.. It's an A320... Google finds everything. 

Arthur van Ancum

Thanks Marc for your help. I agree with your remark about a balanced system. I have 16 Gig of fast ram and 2 ssd's.

Nice to know that there is a tutorial flight/manual. It seems that I can hurt my creditcard now ;-)

//Arthur

• Like 1
Leon Weischenberg
On 11/10/2018 at 11:06 AM, Arthur van Ancum said:

Hi,

I consider to buy the beautifully A320 but I have some questions: 

According to the recommended system requirements a CPU with Passmark score 8000 should be sufficient. I have a new AMD Ryzen 5 2400G cpu. According to the Passmark score it should be around the 9000 . Personally I'm afraid it is still the limit. Are there any other users who are using this CPU?

Besides that I have an GPU GTX 1080 (not the Ti) version. 

What do you guys think? OK enough to fly the A320?

On the other hand I'm wondering if the A320 is provided with a tutorial flight manual for the first steps. I always use those tutorials from other add-ons as a good starter.

Thanks in advance for any reply's.

//Arthur