Metar Screens

David Norfolk

David Norfolk

Hello all, 

I've noticed for a while that the a320x doesn't have the metar screens by the ecam displays & was wondering if this is something you guys plan on adding in? 

D

• Confused 1
Marc Düsing

This just an feature in the jar Design Airbus for Xplane. This system doesn't exist in the real aircraft. 

As Till said, thats the CPDLC and it's used for communication with ATC

David Norfolk
Just now, Marc Düsing said:

This just an feature in the jar Design Airbus for Xplane. This system doesn't exist in the real aircraft. 

As Till said, thats the CPDLC and it's used for communication with ATC

oh...well learn something new everyday 

Till Lukas

Personally I like to idea of having the METAR there. However, it contradicts FSLs commitment to realism.

They do not fancy stuff somewhere which does not exist in RW just because it is nice :D

I imagine that if someday VATSIM updates its old infrastructure that we might see something there...

Jouka Ahponen
Just now, Till Lukas said:

Personally I like to idea of having the METAR there. However, it contradicts FSLs commitment to realism.

They do not fancy stuff somewhere which does not exist in RW just because it is nice :D

I imagine that if someday VATSIM updates its old infrastructure that we might see something there...

Or wait for POSCON to revolutionize the way we fly on online networks ;)

Till Lukas
17 minutes ago, Jouka Ahponen said:

Or wait for POSCON to revolutionize the way we fly on online networks ;)

Mmmh - I learned not to wait for things in flight simulation. I just believe what is released and usable.

Tobias Gövert
24 minutes ago, Till Lukas said:

What about IVAO? They are working on a new pilot client as well. The new ATC client is already CPDLC capable. :) No ETA for that new pilot client though.