Trueglass

António Abreu

António Abreu

Hi,

congratulations on your excellent work. Despite some rocks in the way, you are managing to get through. Make no mistake: you have the best A320 and, by far, one of the best aircrafts in the market ever (I've been around with simulation for avout 30 years now!).

Now the question: are you planning to integrate Trueglass? I prefer the good old water to bugs, you know!

Keep it up!

Andrew Wilson

Hi Antonio,

We've developed our own infrastructure to support windscreen effects, including rain. These will feature initially on the A319-X.

IMG_80.jpg

• Like 10
António Abreu

Excellent, thank you for the quick answer. I look forward to the day we have A319/A320/A321 (and NEOs) all at the same level (the same as the current A320 would be more than good enough). If we can have it at the same level of the comming A319 ... better yet. The keyword is "soon". Aerosoft is coming to town ... and I suspect they will bring the whole family. :)

• Like 2
Wayne Klockner

The FSL rain effects are the best of any in P3D that I've ever seen, and I've tried them all, including Trueglass.

But see for yourself here:

Antonis Kastrinakis
16 hours ago, Antonio Abreu said:

Excellent, thank you for the quick answer. I look forward to the day we have A319/A320/A321 (and NEOs) all at the same level (the same as the current A320 would be more than good enough). If we can have it at the same level of the comming A319 ... better yet. The keyword is "soon". Aerosoft is coming to town ... and I suspect they will bring the whole family. :)

The Aerosoft offerings are targeted at a different market. If you want the best A32x available for FSX/P3Dv.x the FSLabs ones are a no-brainer.

António Abreu
1 hour ago, Antonis Kastrinakis said:

The Aerosoft offerings are targeted at a different market. If you want the best A32x available for FSX/P3Dv.x the FSLabs ones are a no-brainer.

Hi Antonis,

agree with you. But I have used both and I can also tell you that on normal operations the difference is not that huge. In normal operations you spend most of the time in autopilot so the handling is not that important (as it is not in the real aircraft, remember it is a fly-by-wire one so all the feeling is mostly filtered. All the key systems, e.g. MCDU, FMGC, etc work well in both cases. FSL adds the simulation of failures. Yes and it is important for people using it as a chip procedures trainer for the real aircraft. But not all of us want to do that, despite enjoying an "as real as it gets" aircraft. I suspect most of the people just want to fly BA123 from XXXX to YYYY reliably and that can be done with both AS and FSL. Don't get me wrong, I love FSL A320 and ever since I bought it I've never used any other one (also because I moved to P3DV4). What I don't like is the spirit of announcing new features that arguably add little to the overall experience (e.g. “bugs”) instead of focusing on releasing the other members of the A32x, even if they were released in the same level as the current A320. NEOs would be good. An A330 would be a winner. An A350 would be a killer. Putting energy on … “bugs” or even icing!? Just my 5 cents to the discussion.

All the best.

Philipp Schwaegerl

31 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

Hi Antonis,

agree with you. But I have used both and I can also tell you that on normal operations the difference is not that huge. In normal operations you spend most of the time in autopilot so the handling is not that important (as it is not in the real aircraft, remember it is a fly-by-wire one so all the feeling is mostly filtered. All the key systems, e.g. MCDU, FMGC, etc work well in both cases. FSL adds the simulation of failures. Yes and it is important for people using it as a chip procedures trainer for the real aircraft. But not all of us want to do that, despite enjoying an "as real as it gets" aircraft. I suspect most of the people just want to fly BA123 from XXXX to YYYY reliably and that can be done with both AS and FSL. Don't get me wrong, I love FSL A320 and ever since I bought it I've never used any other one (also because I moved to P3DV4). What I don't like is the spirit of announcing new features that arguably add little to the overall experience (e.g. “bugs”) instead of focusing on releasing the other members of the A32x, even if they were released in the same level as the current A320. NEOs would be good. An A330 would be a winner. An A350 would be a killer. Putting energy on … “bugs” or even icing!? Just my 5 cents to the discussion.

All the best.

For this I have to disagree. Bugsplatters or a detailed rain effect and the icing simulation are much more immersive than you might think. For me I don't get the whole coffee cup thing and paper stuck between the thrustleavers.

Icing happens almost on every flight. More over the winter month, yes, but it happens also during summer.

I always loved the details FSL brings to us. 

I'd rather wait a little and get a stunning aircraft. I don't like the rushy and buggy aircrafts out there.

António Abreu
7 hours ago, Philipp Schwaegerl said:

For this I have to disagree. Bugsplatters or a detailed rain effect and the icing simulation are much more immersive than you might think. For me I don't get the whole coffee cup thing and paper stuck between the thrustleavers.

Icing happens almost on every flight. More over the winter month, yes, but it happens also during summer.

I always loved the details FSL brings to us. 

I'd rather wait a little and get a stunning aircraft. I don't like the rushy and buggy aircrafts out there.

Yep, understand your point of view and even agree with it. As long as we'll have an A319 before the real thing goes out of service ... ;) I wonder in what ... decade will we get an A350 ... Suspect I'll be retired by then ... LOL