Getting excited for the Concorde v4 reboot..

John Moore

John Moore

I’ve been watching a documentary on Concorde titled “Concorde: The World’s Greatest Airliner” on YouTube and after watching it I’m extremely, incredibly, excited to fly Concorde in v4, probably more excited than Ray is (if that’s even possible:lol:). Can’t wait to see what FSL has up their sleeves, and the potential for airframe icing like the A319! Bring it on!!

Ray Proudfoot

:D Is that the one introduced by Noel Edmunds? A series of 4 I believe showing the flight from Heathrow to Washington. Do you think FSL can simulate the delta swirl that occurs when landing? Now that would be clever.

Yes, patiently waiting for some news on progress. What might be nice is a list of what's been completed and what's outstanding just so we can judge how progress is going,

And every day I get a little bit older. Just a reminder to Andrew I'm mortal. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot
20 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Isn’t the delta swirl on the current version? Pretty sure it is?

Dunno. I'm usually busy trying to perform a decent landing. :D  Would that be recorded and viewable on the Replay option in FSX/P3D?  That feature cannot show the landing gear in its original position -only its current one so replaying take-offs look odd with no gear visible.

And does the swirl require certain weather conditions? High humidity?

Andrew Wilson

No I don't think so, as it's tire smoke - so it should show regardless of conditions (maybe less if it's wet).

And no, unfortunately the replay system in P3D hasn't received any attention for yonks from either MS or LM.

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Andrew. So the only way to see the swirl is to land in spot plane mode. Hmmm, tricky.

I agree a lot of ‘bugs’ are still present in FSX/P3D which really are carried over from ESP. Annoying but the upside is many scenery / airport packages remain compatible.

As mentioned earlier if you can find time to list what’s done and what’s remaining would be appreciated. :)

• Like 1
John Moore
36 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

As mentioned earlier if you can find time to list what’s done and what’s remaining would be appreciated. :)

+1 even though I know it’s a long shot:lol:

Ray Proudfoot
14 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

No I don't think so, as it's tire smoke...

Andrew, tire? TIRE??? :D Change your language setting. ;)

• Haha 3
Vimal Anandharaman

What about doing an autoland to observe the smoke? Was always curious whether this addon had the delta swirl so its cool to hear that it has it. Might give it a shot the next time i fly!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Martin Richards
On 5/24/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Dunno. I'm usually busy trying to perform a decent landing. :D  Would that be recorded and viewable on the Replay option in FSX/P3D?  That feature cannot show the landing gear in its original position -only its current one so replaying take-offs look odd with no gear visible.

And does the swirl require certain weather conditions? High humidity?

I have no idea whether it would show the effect or not but I believe that the Chaseplane Camera addon provides a fairly neat replay option, will certainly give it a go myself when I upgrade to P3D v4 in the next few weeks. Might be what you're looking for with regards to recording the Concorde to get the effects in real time.

• Like 1
Martin Richards
On 6/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Martin,

I managed to grab the moment using full autoland and a ChasePlane external view...

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/17434-concordes-delta-swirl-on-landing/

That's great to see, shame about what looks like a visual bug on one side but glad it could be done.

Ray Proudfoot

Could just be an anomaly. No reason why it shouldn't show on both wings. In reality, until we get a Flight Recorder that can cope with Concorde it's one of those Easter Eggs that will be rarely seen.

• 4 weeks later...
Will Thomas

Hello, Everyone:

I'm new to FS Labs so my apology if I have broken any rules of etiquette. I found the A320 while searching for an Airbus version compatible with Prepar3D v4.X . Thanks to FS Labs for making the paint kits available: I like to look at them before purchase as they usually give a good indication of how well the product is made. From what I've seen so far it looks really good and appears to be a top shelf kit. I've been reading the forums to get a general feel for the aircraft and support as this aircraft is on the pricier side. I'm OK with that so long as the plane works and has the features which justify the cost.

I've purchased other high end planes from a particular developer because I trust their products and it looks like FS Labs may well be in the same league in my opinion.

Anyway, I loved flying the Concorde and kind of miss it as there doesn't seem to be a good model out there for the flight sim community. I see FS Labs has a FSX and P3D v3 model for the Concorde but since I don't want to run both versions of P3D I only use v4. With that being said, will there be a discount for current owners of the FSX version to upgrade to P3D v4 when it's released? If so, any thoughts on how much?

Again, I'm a newbie with FS Labs so my apologies if I've said/done anything wrong.

Thanks ;-)

John Moore
3 minutes ago, Will Thomas said:

will there be a discount for current owners of the FSX version to upgrade to P3D v4 when it's released? If so, any thoughts on how much?

I don’t think so unfortunately, the price was quoted to be around $100 when the reboot was announced. There very well may be a discount, but I wouldn’t personally expect it to be more than $20-30.

Ray Proudfoot
6 hours ago, Will Thomas said:

Thanks, John. 

Any idea when it might be released? Thinking about the A320 vs Concorde. 

My own personal guess (no inside info) is early next year. But that's just a guess.

A320 versus Concorde? Hmmm, depends on how quickly you want to get to your destination. For sheer excitement you can't beat Concorde - 1300mph versus 550mph. Even subsonic Concorde flies 100mph faster than a Boeing / Airbus. :D