A320 Antivirus?

Dave Rogers

Dave Rogers

Considering getting the A320... but does it require any extra steps?

Like disabling antivirus, or editing another addon?

I have the Aerosoft A320, and i'm considering the FSL.

I have seen other posts of Concorde being buggy, and i'm kinda scared if my A320 will break. (Assuming if i get it.)

Norman Blackburn

Hello Aaron,

Some Anti Virus products can be quite aggressive however on my machine, running just defender, things are fine.  I haven't had to edit anything.

A great start would be to tell us the kind of system you have - CPU, GPU, RAM and which versions of Flight Simulator you intend to use it with.

Markus Burkhard

Aaron,

as long as you don't expect to run with all the scenery out there and highest settings, you will be able to run the A320-X. You asked if you needed to edit any other add-on to use ours, might we ask what other add-ons you use? Do you run other complex aircraft add-ons?

Personally I use Windows Defender on Windows 10, no special settings required for installation. After installation of the product, you might have to exclude certain simulation folders from real-time protection, for better performance and compatibility. Real-time anti-virus scanning takes up a lot of CPU power, especially if the system you use is not of the latest generation. But you don't need to disable your antivirus software.

What Windows version do you run?

Dave Rogers

I use Windows 10 and updated it to the fullest. I’ve heard posts about the Concorde-X will not function on certain updates. Is this the case with the A320? Also, I use PMDG 777/737/747, Aerosoft A320/CRJ, Majestic software Q-400, QW 757, Captainsim 737-200, A2A C172 / C182, and the CLS DC-10 / 747-200/300. So I yes I use high powered addons. But I do get around 20 to 39 FPS which is acceptable and very much playable. But I do have to turn off hardware tessellation because it does cause a 5-10 framerate decrease. Not to mention I also have scenery addons too. FlightBeam KSFO, KDEN, and KMSP. FSDreamTeam KMEM, KJFK v2, KIAH, KLAS, and GSX. FlyTampa St. Maarten, LatinVFR KSNA / KMIA v2. ImagineSim KSJC / KATL. Last but not least I use ORBX FTX Global + Vector and openLC NA. I also have ORBX LOWI and KSAN. Those are all the addons I have so I will try and see my exact FPS. 

Just did a test, and I got around 25 FPS with the PMDG 747 at KSFO.

Dave Rogers

Oh and I forgot to ask, is there a demo so I can try out the A320? I don’t want to spend $140 and if my computer could barely run it then I’ll just have to get a new computer. So is there a demo for this aircraft?

Aaron,

I have a GTX970 but beside that the same hardware. I run the A320 at a minimum of ~20FPS at demanding airports like FlyTampa Amsterdam and over ORBX Germany (very demanding too) and at locked 30 without any stutters at the rest of the world. I think you should be fine. 

Though, I am on P3Dv4.

• Thanks 1
Dave Rogers
4 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

Aaron,

I have a GTX970 but beside that the same hardware. I run the A320 at a minimum of ~20FPS at demanding airports like FlyTampa Amsterdam and over ORBX Germany (very demanding too) and at locked 30 without any stutters at the rest of the world. I think you should be fine. 

Though, I am on P3Dv4.

Does using P3Dv4 help reduce OOM errors?

Benedict Cooper
Does using P3Dv4 help reduce OOM errors?
Well it switches the restriction from a hard limit to it being dependent on the amount of memory you've got left.
I've not had a single one since switching and if I'm honest, less crashes overall too.

Aaron,

you can use all your available RAM with a 64 bit environment. 2^64 is a number that is far beyond anything our addons can fill up. P3Dv4 can use all available RAM. 

2^32 limits the usable memory to 4GB, no matter how much you actually have. So if you use all those scenery addons together with the A320 there is a high probability that you will run into OOM in P3Dv3.