Question before purchase

Chris Eggleton

Chris Eggleton

Hi guys,

I'm stood here with my card in hand ready to purchase the FSLA320X after reading reviews about it online. (I also wasn't put off by the recent events and believe no harm was done and the problem is now resolved). Just a couple of questions before I go ahead and make my order:- 

1) With the A319/A321 models pending, will these be an additional cost or an update for the A320-X? 

2) I understand that sharklet models are soon to be made available - without facing the wrath of the moderators, is there a rough timescale for this release?

3) I've noticed a lot of users on the support forum complaining of low FPS. Is this addon particularly heavy in VAS and CPU usage? Will I have to edit my settings to achieve smooth performance? I'm currently running an i7700 and Nvidia GTX1070 on a custom built gaming machine with my P3Dv4 running at 30fps around EGLL/LON in the iFly747 or PMDG 777/737. 

Many thanks in advance and I hope and look forward to using the A320X in my simulated skies in the near future.

1 is probably with a price.

2 after the a321 and a319 is according to the roadmap.

3 is highly dependent on settings but your system should be able to achieve 30fps.

Hello Chris. Welcome and thank you for your words of support.

1/ The 319 and 321 are an addon which will require you to own the 320. Therefore the price structure will be represented as such and a fraction of the initial 320 purchase price.

2/ We can give no date only to say we are working as hard as possible to get these things into the market and as stated has a place in line sometime after the 2 mentioned models are available to the public. Sorry i cannot give a timescale on that.

3/It is said to have a harder hit on FPS but some claim otherwise. VAS is no longer an issue in the 64 bit environment of P3d V4.

1 hour ago, Chris Eggleton said:

3) I've noticed a lot of users on the support forum complaining of low FPS. Is this addon particularly heavy in VAS and CPU usage? Will I have to edit my settings to achieve smooth performance? I'm currently running an i7700 and Nvidia GTX1070 on a custom built gaming machine with my P3Dv4 running at 30fps around EGLL/LON in the iFly747 or PMDG 777/737.

With my specs below, I am achieving 30fps in EGLL as well with the A320-X. Although the A320-X is an aircraft which in some cases requires a little bit of tuning.

With the update released a few days ago, there were significant performance gaines on most systems. Howver, the A320-X will always be resource intense.

Chris Eggleton

Thank you all for your replies. Lastly, does the FSL A320X have OANS or ROPS? Or is that likely to be an addition perhaps at a later date? I appreciate the system is already heavy, but looking at the 'new exciting features' on the A319X made me wonder if it was in the pipeline.

Many thanks

Everything is possible. No announcements have been made with regards to content, even to us lowly testers. I am sure the planned expansions and updates will just get better and better.

• Like 1

maybe to compare: I have a i7 6700k not overclocked, GTX970, 16GB RAM and run on 1920x1080. Since the recently released update I run at stable locked 30FPS and abolutely fluently on P3Dv4.2. 

• Like 1

Chris this really is a great simulation. I have a low end system and since the recent patch and update I get a really smooth experience in P3D V4.2. I have flown PMDG products for many years and can honestly say this is better than those products. I know it's a lot of money and I held off for a long time but it really is worth it if you are willing to get into and spend time learning the systems etc. It's not that hard and is a pleasure to get into. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Chris Eggleton
20 minutes ago, Phil Brewer said:

Chris this really is a great simulation. I have a low end system and since the recent patch and update I get a really smooth experience in P3D V4.2. I have flown PMDG products for many years and can honestly say this is better than those products. I know it's a lot of money and I held off for a long time but it really is worth it if you are willing to get into and spend time learning the systems etc. It's not that hard and is a pleasure to get into. 

Thanks Phil, I'll be adding this to my aircraft list tomorrow. I'm pleased it's better than PMDG because for years they've been the industry leader! I used to use the Aerosoft A32X series a lot while on P3Dv3, but, as an Airbus type rated pilot (Flying the Boeing at the moment though :ph34r:) I found a lot of the systems to be inaccurate or unrealistic compared to the A321 I used to fly. It sounds like FSL have brought out a package that I can use for training as well as fun when I inevitably go back to the bus next year - hence the pending purchase! 

8 minutes ago, Chris Eggleton said:

Thanks Phil, I'll be adding this to my aircraft list tomorrow. I'm pleased it's better than PMDG because for years they've been the industry leader! I used to use the Aerosoft A32X series a lot while on P3Dv3, but, as an Airbus type rated pilot (Flying the Boeing at the moment though :ph34r:) I found a lot of the systems to be inaccurate or unrealistic compared to the A321 I used to fly. It sounds like FSL have brought out a package that I can use for training as well as fun when I inevitably go back to the bus next year - hence the pending purchase! 

I did the same and found to my great disappointment the lightweight approach Aerosoft took with the Airbus. Seeing as your type rated on the Airbus I can see you struggling with this simulation. Have you considered gliders? ;)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Phil Brewer said:

I did the same and found to my great disappointment the lightweight approach Aerosoft took with the Airbus. Seeing as your type rated on the Airbus I can see you struggling with this simulation. Have you considered gliders? ;)

Gliders? As an airbus pilot directly to the premium class? He would probably be lost! 

(Just kidding :P ) 

• Haha 2
Chris Eggleton
13 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

Gliders? As an airbus pilot directly to the premium class? He would probably be lost! 

(Just kidding :P ) 

I really would be lost - wouldn't have a clue what I was doing! Always keen to try though!

• Like 1
Chris Eggleton

Okay so forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but I've downloaded a few liveries from the downloads section of the forum, and can't find my FS labs A320X in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder - am I being daft?

YRH3o4p.png

The texture folders go into into the fslabs directory where you put it. It is under airplanes in the fslabs folder. There are also liveries with an installer that automatically put them in the correct folder.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
36 minutes ago, Chris Eggleton said:

Okay so forgive me if I'm being stupid here, but I've downloaded a few liveries from the downloads section of the forum, and can't find my FS labs A320X in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder - am I being daft?

YRH3o4p.png

The 320 files aren't in the P3D folder anymore,  they are  in  the documents/P3Dv4 add ons  folder

Chris Eggleton
9 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Look in Documents P3dV4 addons.

Got it, thanks! Something's not right though - Sat at Gatwick at 0600 with 2, yes 2fps! Was getting 60 at the default airbase! Spotlight drops my FPS from 40+ to 20-25

Chris Eggleton

Worked it out - it seems my P3D doesn't like dawn textures mixed with UT live. With that turned off I'm on 20-25fps. UK2000 need to sort it out really! Worst FPS of any scenery package I have :(