FSLabs: If you want my trust back please address my concerns

Kashif Eizdi

I'm just confused about the situation. FSLabs are trying to tell us that the DRM was used to find a few specific individuals? Or anyone who pirated their software? If it was the latter, it is laughable for FSLabs to be taking the high ground here. I feel like Lefteris was incredibly vauge in his statement. He mentions "the pirates information." Well, what information? And what pirate? Again, are we talking about a few individuals or are we talking about anyone who pirated the product? You mention how "no user except the one targeted would have his personal data compromised". What personal data? In case you are not aware, no matter how wronged you are by someone, you cannot be above the law. If that is the way the world worked several sex offenders would find themselves castrated. FSLabs is a PRIVATE corporation. You have absolutely no right to information such as passwords, back account information etc. In fact, even law enforcement doesn't have the right to do any of this without a warrant. I feel like what you did may have been blown out of proportion, but here is the thing: We don't know that. I would appreciate if you were a tad more specific in your explanation. There are lot's of stories of PMDG damaging suspected pirates FSX installation, or even Windows installations. Of course, pirates are not exactly the most trust worthy of sources, so we should take that with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Kashif,

if you look at the pictures in our news announcement, you'll get an idea of the magnitude of piracy that was going on in the specific web site we managed to gain access to.

I will repeat that we used the wrong approach - we understand that now. Hopefully, you'll make up your mind and accept our apology together with our wish that you stick around - I am pretty confident you still like the A320-X as before and that hasn't changed!

• Like 1
Patrick Kazmierczak

But that doesn't excuse what you did. I understand WHY you did it, but that doesn't make up for the fact that what you did was a violation of privacy. You willfully installed malicious code on peoples computers for the stated purpose of accessing information that you had no right to. I understand that you are in damage control mode and are trying to minimize the fallout but you keep throwing these sites up like it somehow makes what you did OK. You may well have opened yourself up to some serious legal issues depending on the jurisdiction. I'm not asking for a refund because frankly I enjoy it, but i damn sure didn't spend nearly $150 for a retailer that I trusted to put malware on my computer without my knowledge or permission. I'm not asking for a refund, but I am seriously questioning spending any more money with you in the future. You have a lot of trust to gain back, and a simple  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and a "My bad" aint gonna cut it. 

• Thanks 1
Michael Salmon

So Patrick, what in the world would you like for them to do? Ask for a refund and never purchase a product from them again, or accept the apology and move on bro.

Antonis Kastrinakis
44 minutes ago, Patrick Kazmierczak said:

You have a lot of trust to gain back, and a simple  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and a "My bad" aint gonna cut it. 

Your indignation is valid. But, throwing out a statement like the last line and leaving it hanging 'ain't gonna cut it' either. Offer a suggestion. Tell them what you would do. Be constructive instead of just castigating.

For the record, I am in no way affiliated with FSLabs nor any member of the company. I am simply a customer who, yes, was bowled over when I read about this mess but grew tired of seeing the constant admonitions, denouncements and condemnation from people without a single one offering some constructive criticism instead. Grabbing the torches and pitchforks is easy enough. 

Patrick Kazmierczak
So Patrick, what in the world would you like for them to do? Ask for a refund and never purchase a product from them again, or accept the apology and move on bro.
Don't tell me what to do "bro," I have every right to be pissed.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Your indignation is valid. But, throwing out a statement like the last line and leaving it hanging 'ain't gonna cut it' either. Offer a suggestion. Tell them what you would do. Be constructive instead of just castigating.
For the record, I am in no way affiliated with FSLabs nor any member of the company. I am simply a customer who, yes, was bowled over when I read about this mess but grew tired of seeing the constant admonitions, denouncements and condemnation from people without a single one offering some constructive criticism instead. Grabbing the torches and pitchforks is easy enough. 
Not my problem, it's up to them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Antonis Kastrinakis
3 minutes ago, Patrick Kazmierczak said:

Not my problem, it's up to them.

Typical.

Patrick Kazmierczak
3 minutes ago, Antonis Kastrinakis said:

Typical.

And? Whats your point? I should care why exactly? Who are you to tell me what to do? Get over yourself scooter, nobody cares. 

I care. I care a lot about the tone of people in this situation and no amount of anger is going to make one iota of difference to the situation. Maybe take a break and come back when you calm down. You cant just have a go because somebody's opinion differs to yours. It detracts from the reality of the situation. You may feel aggrieved and you may feel angry but this is still FSL;s forum and we have always asked for respect to each other.

• Like 1