FSL at Cosford 2017 - a pleasure to meet the team

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

I attended the show at RAF Cosford yesterday with Pete Dowson. It was a pleasure to meet Lefteris and Andrew and hear your future plans. After waiting my turn in the queue I did manage to fly a circuit with the fantastic A320 at FlyTampa's Schiphol. I have to congratulate you on producing a superb aircraft. Although I'm no pilot so have no idea how close it flies to the real thing I had a chat with one of the beta testers who is a pilot with BA who flies them for a living and he assured me it's a very accurate model.

You still have a lot of things to complete before your attention turns to Concorde so it seems likely there won't be a 64-bit version for at least 9-12 months (that's my guess and no-one else's). I am very tempted to buy P3D v4 and get the A320. But then I'd need a 4K display like you had yesterday. These shows are great but they can end up costing us a lot of money!

Nice to see such a slimline Lefteris. Just need to update your profile photo! ;) My best to all the team and thanks for attending Cosford, much appreciated.

• Like 6
Lefteris Kalamaras

Ray,

always a pleasure to see you. Thanks for the good words! Be careful about putting timelines on forums, you know people will try to cling to your words and put them in our mouth instead - we do always hope for the best, but there's no timeline on when the Concorde-X for P3Dv4 will be receiving attention, for reasons explained many times before.

Again, very nice to see you and Pete!

• Like 2
Ray Proudfoot

Hi Lefteris,

Understood and I hope people will appreciate it’s just my guess and nothing more. I have no inside knowledge folks.

After speaking to you and Andrew I know you still love Concorde but business sense has to come before emotions. Emotions don’t put bread on the table.

Enjoy the flight back to sunny Greece. :)

Konstantin Didushok

Though no one knows when a 64-bit Concorde-X will be released, I have a suggestion for a possible date to pursue that would give the real Concorde a great tribute:

March 2nd 2019

This will be the 50th anniversary of Concorde's first flight (in Toulouse). :)

• Like 1
On 08/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

But then I'd need a 4K display like you had yesterday. These shows are great but they can end up costing us a lot of money!

Its only money Ray !  The A320 is great and looking forward to the v4 update with all of the new goodies.  Hope you are right about Concorde...at some point.

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Mark,

It's not the money - it's the speed. ;) Mach 2 to Mach 0.84 is like switching from an Aston Martin to a Trabant! :o