Concorde and P3D

Steve Prowse

Steve Prowse

Some time ago I remember several people asking FSL management if it would be possible to have a discounted price for Concorde.  Their hope was that since they already had Concorde for FSX they would get a discount if they bought Concorde for P3D.  As I recall the reason that this would not happen was that FSX and P3D were two entirely different things so no discount was ever given.  I am giving some consideration to changing over to P3D,  so I was looking at the FSL page and by chance looked at the A320.  It seems that a discount is available:

"If you are already a previous owner of the A320-X for FSX, please feel free to select the “FSX Upgrade” button so that you receive the product at a discounted price. If you don’t already own the A320-X for FSX, please select the “Buy New” button instead."

Obviously my question is; why isn't Concorde sold at a discounted price?  Actually I'm horrified by this, after all the arguments about why it wasn't possible to sell Concorde for P3D at a discounted price to previous FSX Concorde owners, I now find out that FSL sells the A320 at a discounted price!  I'm sure I'm about to get a million reasons why this is the case, but what ever they are I find this completely unacceptable.   Absolutely disgraceful that Concorde customers have had to pay full price!  

• Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Steve,

I am really sorry but we will not go into any sort of discussion about our business policies and pricing structures. I realize that this might frustrate you but our experience shows there is never any fruitful result coming out of it.

Suffice it to say, we do our best to contain our prices to the levels we consider appropriate for the amount of work that has gone into the products. If anything, they reflect on the very low end of that scale - I know that this doesn't mean much as you don't actually have that knowledge but obviously you are free to judge for yourself whether it makes sense for you personally to purchase or not.

I appreciate you voicing your opinion but I'm closing this topic as it is not a point for debate or discussion for us.

• Like 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic