Your Thoughts On Win 10 Creators Update?

NilsUnger

28 minutes ago, Victor Tsvetkov said:

After rolling back to old driver I didn't notice any problems. I flew EGKK-LGKR (about 3 hours) everything was OK

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
Gerald Krutsch

I manualy pushed the update. Unfortunately it broke my FSX:SE! Have written here about it:

Apearently some folks run perfectly fine, others (like me) experience massive laggs. I think my PC spec is not that outdated and have no clue what was wrong. I first did the standard update process and had 8 FPS at a stock small ARPT on the runway (I was getting 40+ there). I then did a clean install reformating also my System SSD. Installed addon after addon (FSX:SE, UTX, GEX, REX Ess w/OD, ChasePlane, As16, AS A320-321 -> at this point the sim was unflyable with only 8 FPS again).

I finaly reverted to latest Anniversary 1607 build and I'm again up and running with more AddOns added (GSX, UT Live, AS EDDM, ORBX Trees HD,...).

Now please don't get me wrong: this happened on my rig and I share here my experience. I will not update unless I'm forced to. Even MS warns/advises not to "push" the update.

On other forums I even got "trashed" and my post (or my shared experience) earned some bad reputation...

NilsUnger

Thanks for your feedback!

The update itself went smooth on my setup. Interestingly, I needed to install some drivers again. Nvidia control panel settings and Nvidia Inspector settings got lost as well. Now I am trying to find my old settings again I was so happy with. I had up to 60-70 fps in the VC in flight with fair weather. Now it does not come close to this anymore. But I guess it's my settings, not the windows update itself. 

Gerald Krutsch
3 hours ago, NilsUnger said:

Thanks for your feedback!

The update itself went smooth on my setup. Interestingly, I needed to install some drivers again. Nvidia control panel settings and Nvidia Inspector settings got lost as well. Now I am trying to find my old settings again I was so happy with. I had up to 60-70 fps in the VC in flight with fair weather. Now it does not come close to this anymore. But I guess it's my settings, not the windows update itself. 

I never managed to get mine working (that was 4 days ago). I even created a new USB W10 Bootable drive with the update to try a clean install. Sadly same results. I also thought I messed up my settings but I backed up everything from cfg to xml to inspector profiles (all of it) and compared them with notepadd++.

I had to revert to build 1607 and I fly right now with the addons listed in my signature. I have ALL settings at max exept shadows on ground. Flew from EDDM (Mega Airport Munich) and had on the ground AVG 18FPS (during PB and TAXI) and have now in the air exactly 23.7 FPS.

Maybe a hint to Creators Update: You should try the new Game Mode (it did not change anything at my end but...).

Please keep me posted. MS will someday push the update

Norman S Bowman

Hi,

I am one of the lucky ones ,as I have not found any problems yet!!!

Tim Vancauwenbergh

For me the sim is running fine! I got the update without the media creation tool.

Hardware (as reference):

MSI GTX970

i5 4690

8GB Corsair DDR3

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

512GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (Probabely irrelevant)

2TB WD HDD (Probabely irrelevant)

Software:

FSX Boxed SP2

Win 10 home edition (no upgrade from previous windows versions)

K. Serhan Onur

I am not sure at these days. I upgraded one week ago. Everything looks like normal at first. But I use it, I saw some anomalies, For example It insatlled driver for my old MS Sidwinder FF II joystic again. And some texture of AS16 was lost. (not cloud texture just interface texture) And last, My A320-X behavior to be in that I couldn't explain interestingly!

For example when I took off during It said "retard, retard, retard" I never saw before! Anyway, I think that, to say something about new Win Update now early.

Serhan

Gerald Krutsch
12 hours ago, K. Serhan Onur said:

And some texture of AS16 was lost. (not cloud texture just interface texture) .

Serhan

HIFI Tech is aware of the GUI/interface issue (and yes, it is caused by Creators Update). They will adress it in a further update. Till then you can minimize and maximize several times and the GUI will bekome visible again.

Unfortunately MS started to push the update (mine just downloaded through normal Windows Update. Got thing though is that they apearantly fixed some of the laggines. They already pushed 2 or 3 updates after Creators Update release.

I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 1