A320 and Ultimate traffic 2 2016

Bernd Schwarz

Bernd Schwarz

Hello everybody,

I intend to buy Ultimate Traffic 2 2016. I'm afraid that the Airbus will have frame impact after installation of this addon.  Is there anybody who has experience in this case.

I would appreciate a little message.

Thank you in advance.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

• Like 1
Bernd Schwarz
7 hours ago, Bob Lyddy said:

I currently run UT2 in P3D with the A320-X (VC only) and have no issues with FPS.  I do keep my UT2 traffic levels set to 80% and do not have any GA traffic enabled.  If you follow our recommend system settings and your pc meets our minimum recommend CPU and GPU levels (http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/a3xx-master-series-a320-3/ - see bottom of the page) then you should be OK.

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for your reply. This sounds very good. I will buy!

with regards

Bernd Schwarz

• Like 1
M_i_k_e_V_o_g
On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:48 AM, Bernd Schwarz said:

areHello everybody,

I intend to buy Ultimate Traffic 2 2016. I'm afraid that the Airbus will have frame impact after installation of this addon.  Is there anybody who has experience in this case.

I would appreciate a little message.

Thank you in advance.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

why ut2??

they released a new version of it named "UT Live?

While I don't think there's a lot, if anything, to be gained for those who are considering upgrading from UT2 (especially if it's heavily modded) then for those who don't have UT2 at all UTL should be the obvious choice.

Bernd Schwarz

Hi,

thank you very much for your information. But I was checking the UT-site in internet  one hour ago.  This new version is still in a late-beta-state. If people want to buy and they already keep the UT 2 they will receive a 33 % discount.

In my case I prefer to wait until the final version is released.

with kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Martin Martinov

Bernd, seriously, there is absolutely no point to buy the UT2 which is more than 6-7 years old when you have the brand new UT Live, made for P3D. It used the UT2 for many years on the FSX, was using a custom made package which added all recent liveries etc. etc. Was running good, a bit heaby on the VAS. Then if you need to port this to P3D it is not a straight forward process, far from user friendly. In fact it is a miracle that somehow I got it to work, considering that UT2 is not made for P3D. 

Anyhow, I purchased the beta UTL (under the discount) and I now use only this. Absolutely no problems so far. Traffic with all relevant liveries appears where it should be, 100% traffic, it goes easy on the VAS and appears to be nicely optimized. I am sure that there will be little things here and there but overall the package runs stable and looks and feels much better than the ancient UT2. Go for the UTL, you wont regret..

My 2 Cents..

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

@Martin Martinov

As a user of both, can you point out any significant differences between the two?

Right now I use a heavily modified UT2 and am happy with what it provides. Reading the features list of the newer "live" version I couldn't find a single excuse to ditch. As a user of both, can you tell me if I'm missing out on something?

Martin Martinov

Mike,

UT2 / modded

I use the "heavily" modified UT2 as well. It's the 3 file package that does it all, about 2GB download, I guess you use the same.  This package fixes a lot of the early days defects of the original UT2 and most importantly it fills the skies and the airports like no other. But that's x-many years old now. 7-8? It has some unfixable issues and it's taking hefty amount of the precious VAS. Last but not least is the user unfriendly porthing method (for P3D)  and only with the combined steps from several users I managed to make it work.

UTL

to start with you have the 33% discount for the existing users. Then it installs in P3D with one click. The only thing I had to do is go to the exe.xml and disable the UT2 (still keep it on stand by). Most obvious improvement is the refined taxi movements. Definitely noticeable. The way the planes taxi is more realistic and convincing than UT2. Lighting effects of the planes are native for P3D, not ported over so that's another tick. Plane liveries look more natural as well since they are made for P3D. Traffic at 100% has less impact on the frames and VAS. The "under the hood" content is obviously refined too. I don't want to say big numbers but I think the VAS usage is about half that one of the UT2. The way the developers have managed to reduce the resource utilization is probably the taking the module out of the sim process.

Only "issue" is the near empty cargo ramps. The developer has recognized it and will improve although further modding will probably tackle that the best. 

So far I'm quite happy with the beta. No crashes or anything fishy. 

• Like 1