SideStick Priority

John Armstrong

Marcel Semelka

I've never tried it, but in theory just connect them, they should be recognised indepentently by the OS and therefore indepentently assignable in P3D/FSUIPC.

Just my theory, never tried it myself and I could be wrong.

PS: A lot of those home cockpits / commercial FSX/P3D cockpits have two side sticks. If I remember correctly I have seen the sidestick priority feature in a YouTube video of a home cockpit , maybe a feature of Project Magenta which was/is very popular for cockpit builders.

Lefteris Kalamaras

OK - now I understand what you are after -

we will look into this for our Professional grade system. At the moment, the released version supports single seat flying (hence the MCDU OPTION to change your pilot seat from Captain to F/O side).

• Like 1

Doesn't the option to choose the seat you are flying in a way mimic the side stick priority..?

Choosing a seat gives that person full authority, deactivating the other side stick.

In the sim is that button a dummy switch?

Or does pressing it disconnect the autopilot etc.

Wouldn't it be cool to have pressing the button choose the active seat (bypassing the mcdu options)

Do I make sense?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Philippe Dosne

In real life both sidesticks are coupled electronically to deal with :
- simultaneous inputs
- conflicts

1. Full control is obtained by pressing and keeping pressed the take-over button, thereby deactivating the other pilot’s stick.
2. After pressing the take-over button for more than 40 seconds, it can be released without loosing priority.
3. When both pilots press their take-over buttons, the last pilot to press will get the priority.
4. Onside priority can be maintained throughout by keeping the button pressed continuously for 40s.

The sounds files are already there so I guess its coming at some point!

Edited to remove files.

Edited by John Barnes
Please do not display files to potential non customers.
  • 4 years later...
Ivan9471 Chirivella

Any heads-up  on how to configure the sidestick AP DISC / Priority takeover switch  on 2022 (P3D5 / A320-SL / Skalarki hardware?

The AP thing is somehow easy to fix, in P3D controls menu, but what about the priority takeover swtich?????

autopilot.png

Norman Blackburn
9 hours ago, Ivan9471 Chirivella said:

Any heads-up  on how to configure the sidestick AP DISC / Priority takeover switch  on 2022 (P3D5 / A320-SL / Skalarki hardware?

The AP thing is somehow easy to fix, in P3D controls menu, but what about the priority takeover swtich?????

autopilot.png

Ivan

You are looking in the wrong place.  Look under the FSL Controls menu.

As this is General Forum, where we don't offer product support I shall close this thread from further replies, especially given the topic has had no replies in over 4 years.